3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Dalton Lewis

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Critter population management 2017-18 (Update 11/14) (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Critter population management 2017-18 (Update 11/14)
MW
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 10732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MW   Email MW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice!!!!

--------------------
<---TGMM Family of the bow---<<<<

Posts: 611 | From: Florida | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bowhunter4life
Member # 518

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bowhunter4life   Email Bowhunter4life   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Went out of town again for about a week for Continuing Education, and visit our oldest daughter at Oklahoma State... But got out this AM, low 40’s very slight wind from the North... Got into stand about an hour before sunrise. The woods came to life without incident and nothing seen but squirrels...

As you now know, I’m not above shooting a squirrel if the timing is right... I hunted until 10:30, didn’t see anything but the a for mentioned squirrels... Was getting ready to get down for the morning and I didn’t have a practice/squirrel arrow with this bow so I wasn’t going to take a practice shot today... But...

Had the bow tied up and ready to lower when I seen a squirrel heading directly at me. Untied the bow and grabbed an arrow out of the quiver and got it on the string without spooking the squirrel. It was basically under my stand now, so I slowly stood and was able to get turned around to get a shot as it was going away at maybe 8-10 yds actually quartering to... Arrow went where I was looking, directly into the shoulder and almost functionally eviscerated it right there...

Entrance...

-

Exit...

-

Black Widow 58”, PSA III, 74#, 250 gr VPA Terminator 1 1/4” on the end of a weighted Gold Tip.

Little side note to this story... A friend and I had a “discussion” after I bought that MOAB from T last Summer... The crux of the conversation was he couldn’t understand why I need/have that many Bows... He has one “Bow”, well Crossbow... Technically I don’t “need” that many Bows, and told him I have that many because I can make meat with any of them... He didn’t believe that I could, so I’m switching Bows after each harvest... A little out of my normal season, and a little more shooting then I normally do in season, which isn’t a bad thing I guess...

Right now I’ve got 7 Bows, and an extra set of limbs for one of them. Next is my last MOAB... Stay tuned, hopefully I’ll start seeing some Big Game rather then continuing the squirrel carnage...

--------------------
"Bowhunting isn't a hobby or a sport... It's a way of life!"

Quote: "Everything you read on the internet is the truth." -Abraham Lincoln

>>>-TGMM Family of the Bow--->

Posts: 5258 | From: Georgia | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rastaman
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13385

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rastaman   Email rastaman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keep it coming! Awesome season so far!

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

[archer]

Randy Keene

Posts: 7140 | From: georgia | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rastaman
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13385

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rastaman   Email rastaman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Poor internet service! Good luck the rest of season...

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

[archer]

Randy Keene

Posts: 7140 | From: georgia | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joe ashton
Contributor 2013
Member # 11463

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joe ashton   Email joe ashton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're going to need a bigger freezer..

--------------------
Joe Ashton,D.C.
pronghorn long bow 54#
black widow long bow 55#
21 century long bow 55#
big horn recurve 58#

Posts: 4181 | From: colorado | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
frank bullitt
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17387

Icon 1 posted      Profile for frank bullitt   Email frank bullitt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool! Great shooting!
Posts: 2338 | From: mighty wabash river,in. | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Soonerlongbow
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 36638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Soonerlongbow   Email Soonerlongbow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bowhunter4life:
Went out of town again for about a week for Continuing Education, and visit our oldest daughter at Oklahoma State...

BOOMER SOONER!!!

Sorry, couldn’t resist!

I did something similar to a tree rat with a bang stick that I forgot to remove the turkey choke from.

--------------------
PSE Legacy 55@28

US Army MP 2000-'08

Posts: 600 | From: OK | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ESP
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 23117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ESP   Email ESP   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am impressed. You are hard on those little critters
Posts: 299 | From: ohio | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©