3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Ben Holtz

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Which would you choose for hunting deer? (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Which would you choose for hunting deer?
Sam McMichael
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam McMichael   Email Sam McMichael   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Assuming that they all shoot equally well, I would suggest you go with the one that you have the most confidence in. For me, that would be the one that I could sharpen the best.

--------------------
Sam

Posts: 4740 | From: Gray, Georgia | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orion
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 2759

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Orion   Email Orion   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The edge bevel on a three blade is more obtuse than on a two-blade head so it's just not possible to get them as sharp. But, you can get them plenty sharp to kill an animal.

Because of the larger bevel angle, the edge on a three blade is less likely to turn over than it is on an acute angle bevel two blade head, which can actually turn over before it gets into the goodies.

Long story short, any of the heads you're considering will do the job. Shoot the one you like.

Posts: 8587 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cherry Tree
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 23746

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cherry Tree   Email Cherry Tree   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Magnus....because I have used bears and some went clean through bone some have bent on bone...go with magnus.
Posts: 346 | From: Iowa | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tajue17
Contributor 2017
Member # 1894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tajue17   Email Tajue17   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd check the VPA on my fingernail and if it passes that then Id use that,,, I've got some crazy blood trails from heads that didn't shave hair..

I like and hunt with 2 blade also but I have had some lack luster blood trails with 2-blade heads I could have shaved with but good thing for me in my world when I hit a deer with a two blade it doesn't seem to run off as crazy and sometimes just stops and looks around then falls over,,, 3 blades they explode out of there..

IDK part of me says VPA and part of me says shoot that razorhead now.

--------------------
"Us vs Them"

Posts: 3120 | From: Plymouth Rock, Massachusetts | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©