3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Ben Holtz

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » More meat on the ground..... (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: More meat on the ground.....
23feetupandhappy
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 18774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 23feetupandhappy   Email 23feetupandhappy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last night I had two does come through and the bigger of the two cam just close enough for a shot.
I thought it looked to be 25 but ended up being a little over 30.....

She was eating acorns and at the shot she took a step forward and then dropped a bit right as the arrow got there.
The result was a high hit behind the ribs and under spine.
No passthrough so likely hit part of spine.
Upon further inspection there was decent blood about 30 yards into the trail but still thought it best to wait till morning to look for her.

Blood at 30 into the trail

-

The Boys and I with the help of Bianca were on the trail by first light....

She went a total of about 300 yards with decent blood most of the way.

Happy crew!!!

-

The arrow was broke about 4 inches from the broad head and still in her, no exit.....

The shot did hit the lower part of the spine right behind where the liver ends.
No guts were hit.
This is the pic of the trauma.
Top of Liver is Right in front of my hand

-

Very thankful for a quick recovery on this one, could have turned out much different!
Thank You Lord [pray]

-

47# Black Widow PTF
Gold Tip Blems with 175 gr 3 blade up front
535 total arrow weight.

--------------------
The Lord Is My Provider......

Posts: 1384 | From: Eastern Iowa | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnnyk71
Contributor 2016
Member # 5765

Icon 1 posted      Profile for johnnyk71   Email johnnyk71   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that's a big doe! good job.

--------------------
All lefty, all the time...
Martin Hatfield 45#@28"
Liberty Chief Elite 53#
Blacktail Elite V.L. 53#
Maddog Prairie Predator 51#
Sheepeater Spirit 50#
RER Retro 53#
RER LXR Recurve 52#, Longbow 54#

Posts: 1133 | From: Daphne, AL | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skychief
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9288

Icon 1 posted      Profile for skychief   Email skychief   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If that last photo isn't blown up, framed, and put on a wall......Well, there's no hope for ya.

Awesome. Thanks for sharing!

Best regards, Skychief

Posts: 553 | From: indiana | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Buckeye1977
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 44686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Buckeye1977   Email Buckeye1977   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[thumbsup] [clapper]
Looks like the season is starting out great for you! Congrats

--------------------
Nick

PBS Associate Member
Kemp Kwyk Styk 56" 47@28
Toelke Chinook 58" 47@28
Zipper 58" 58@28

Posts: 653 | From: OH | Registered: Mar 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tony Van Dort
CONTRIBUTOR 2018 - Mod
Member # 137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tony Van Dort   Email Tony Van Dort   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome Dad!

A couple buddies learnin' the ropes from their hero!

Seeds are planted - the future of what we love is perpetuated...

[campfire]

Posts: 2264 | From: South Carolina | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SAM E. STEPHENS
Contributor 2017
Member # 23228

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SAM E. STEPHENS   Email SAM E. STEPHENS   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well done sir.....

,,Sam,,

--------------------
HUNT OLD SCHOOL

Posts: 2547 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
South MS Bowhunter
Contributor 2010
Member # 16239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for South MS Bowhunter   Email South MS Bowhunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats!

--------------------
Everything I have and have become is due to the Lord and his great mercy.

Posts: 3906 | From: Mississippi | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jonwilson
SPONSOR
Member # 39607

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jonwilson   Email jonwilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats! Great memories right there!

--------------------
Digital Marketing for the outdoor industry (web design, graphic design, search engine optimization, etc.):
www.gen273.com

Posts: 121 | From: Mississippi | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Landis
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan Landis   Email Dan Landis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats, don't get much better than that
Posts: 1150 | From: Abbottstown, PA | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Etter
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 26482

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Etter   Email Etter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Probably hit kidney artery. Very deadly shot.
Posts: 429 | From: Georgia | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Warden609
Contributor 2017
Member # 9279

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Warden609   Author's Homepage   Email Warden609   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very nice! Congrats
Posts: 2601 | From: Kentucky | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KAZ
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 23991

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KAZ   Email KAZ   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad to be onsite for the hunt and Evening evaluation, wish I could have been there for the recovery! Work got in the way this time... Like I said when you sent the text, Great Pic!!!! Glad it ended the way it did, Praise God & congrats!
Posts: 803 | From: Iowa | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
goingoldskool
Contributor 2017
Member # 38326

Icon 1 posted      Profile for goingoldskool   Email goingoldskool   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
X2 on blowing up the pic and hanging it on the wall.... the kids will enjoy that for years to come ( not to mention dad!!).

Congrats and Thx for sharing.

God bless,
Rodd

--------------------
"NO GOD, NO PEACE-KNOW GOD, KNOW PEACE" side of a barn along I-70, eastern Kansas
Rodd Boyer
Blk Widow PL-III
53#@28

Posts: 860 | From: nw missouri | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keith Zimmerman
Contributor 2017
Member # 2714

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keith Zimmerman   Email Keith Zimmerman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was it a big dry doe?
Posts: 4189 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
23feetupandhappy
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 18774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 23feetupandhappy   Email 23feetupandhappy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Keith Zimmerman:
Was it a big dry doe?

Yes she was big and dry [thumbsup]

--------------------
The Lord Is My Provider......

Posts: 1384 | From: Eastern Iowa | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©