INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Ben Holtz

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Hunting excuse list

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hunting excuse list
jsweka
Contributor 2015
Member # 21094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jsweka   Email jsweka   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At work, we have a running list of dumb excuses for not being successful. You really need to watch what you say around the lunch table because it will be written down.

I'm on there for a couple good ones:
1) I swallowed my flashlight - you can check out that full story here
http://tradgang.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=140877;p=1#000000

2) When I missed a doe because she jumped the string, I was dumb enough to state "I made a good shot, she just wasn't there when the arrow arrived."

3)Yellow jackets stung the crap out of me, I flipped out, deer snorts and runs away. (This happened this past weekend)

So what are some of yours?

--------------------
>>>---->TGMM<----<<<<

Posts: 3453 | From: Howard Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Arnette
Contributor 2017
Member # 18012

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Arnette   Email Michael Arnette   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah definitely pulled the good shot if the deer were still there when it got to target 😂😂

This year was the year of "if only I'd had an arrow nocked" ....gosh it was awefull my lack of preparedness for the unforeseen shot opportunity

Posts: 2532 | From: Tulsa, Oklahoma | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bigjohnmissalot
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 19512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bigjohnmissalot   Email bigjohnmissalot   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
caught me with my pants down.
Posts: 112 | From: louisiana | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twitchstick
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 19043

Icon 1 posted      Profile for twitchstick   Email twitchstick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to scientists in my area we may have up to 100 small earthquakes a day here. It's amazing how much a .0001 on the Richtor scale can effect your shot, no really it can cause you too miss! [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 3010 | From: utah | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
centaur
Contributor 2015
Member # 14053

Icon 1 posted      Profile for centaur   Email centaur   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bigjohnmissalot:
caught me with my pants down.

Been there, done that.

--------------------
If you don't like cops, next time you need help, call Al Sharpton

Posts: 4044 | From: WY - East face of the Bighorns | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dbd870
Contributor 2016
Member # 39974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbd870   Email dbd870   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just lowered my bow to the ground and they came in.

--------------------
A Grizzly and a SuperMag

Posts: 1001 | From: IN | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nineworlds9
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 37028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nineworlds9   Email nineworlds9   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I got hungry, put my bow down and reached for a snack". This happened to me last year on a fat doe.

Lol

--------------------
62" Tall Tines Stickflinger
62" Wes Wallace Mentor
62" W&W Black Wolf+Kaya K2's
70" HHA Black Mamba #46

Horse Creek TAC, GA
TBOF

Posts: 7070 | From: Tallahassee, Florida | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
YosemiteSam
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 45388

Icon 1 posted      Profile for YosemiteSam   Email YosemiteSam   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A local joke: "You know why they call it zone D8? 'Cause there's only 8 deer left."

--------------------
"A good hunter...that's somebody the animals COME to."
"Every animal knows way more than you do." -- by a Koyukon hunter, as quoted by R. Nelson.

Posts: 584 | From: CA | Registered: Sep 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trenton G.
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 45397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Trenton G.   Email Trenton G.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Stood up and had a sunflower seed roll off of my pant leg and clink off of my stand. I no longer eat sunflower seeds while hunting.

2. Swallowed wrong and instantly had to cough while in a stare down with a doe.

3. Didn't eat breakfast and the deer heard my stomach rumble.

Posts: 452 | From: Boyne City, Michigan | Registered: Oct 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam McMichael
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam McMichael   Email Sam McMichael   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I need a longer list to choose from. I have used all these excuses.

Mine is, "I was just too cold to shoot."

--------------------
Sam

Posts: 4740 | From: Gray, Georgia | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Schmidty3
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 23018

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Schmidty3   Email Schmidty3   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it was too close!

[knothead]

Posts: 198 | From: Dallas, tx | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kadbow
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 7420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kadbow   Email kadbow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The one I hear the most is “the deer (elk/moose/antelope/pig) took a step right as I released”.

--------------------
Colorado Traditional Archers Society
Colorado Bowhunters Association
Nebraska Bowhunters Association
Grand Mesa Bowmen
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Pope and Young Club
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 2558 | From: Western Colorado | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bvas
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 44555

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bvas   Email Bvas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dang doe busted me just as I was drawing back on the buck.

I used dang here, but seldom is that the word I hear used [laughing]

--------------------
Some hunt to survive; some survive to hunt

Posts: 725 | From: Ohio | Registered: Feb 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rock 'N Bow
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 16369

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rock 'N Bow   Email Rock 'N Bow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spooked a deer I didn't know was behind me when I pulled out my phone. It was my friend texting me "Did you see anything?".

--------------------
Wapiti Spike Longbow 64" 58#@29"
J.K. Traditions Kanati 58" 58#@29"
Kim Sha Traditions 64" 49#@28"
Belcher Union Jack 66" 52#@27"
Whippenstick Classic 66" 53#@28"

Posts: 457 | From: Long Island, NY | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muttly
Contributor 2017
Member # 39217

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Muttly   Email Muttly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Too close to miss, but didn't bring my trunk monkey, no way to pack him out by myself, so let him walk..
Posts: 129 | From: Ketchikan, Alaska | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©