INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Manolito Munoz

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Stick Talons vs LW Stick Quiver

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Stick Talons vs LW Stick Quiver
GDPolk
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 36712

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GDPolk   Email GDPolk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone use both and have a preference between the two?

--------------------
Sarrels Sierra Mountain Longbow - 53.5lbs @ 29"
GT Traditional 5575 - 225gr up front for 22% FOC

Posts: 1383 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GDPolk
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 36712

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GDPolk   Email GDPolk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Guess not. I'll have to buy and try to get good info on the pros/cons on this one.

--------------------

Posts: 1383 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Schmidty3
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 23018

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Schmidty3   Email Schmidty3   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't say that I've tried those things. They seem neat.

Instead of replying with the way I do it here I started another thread.

http://tradgang.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=155924

Maybe it helps

Posts: 208 | From: Dallas, tx | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Polk...maybe some don't know what these items are....I for one don't. Never heard of them...and being on this site all the time I hear of a lot more than I want to at times!!! [jumper] [jumper] [jumper]

--------------------
"An anchor point is not a destination, it's an evolution to execution" - Me

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Black Powder Gang ......... & www.loopaddictions.com

Posts: 30764 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GDPolk
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 36712

quote:
Originally posted by Terry Green:
Polk...maybe some don't know what these items are....I for one don't. Never heard of them...and being on this site all the time I hear of a lot more than I want to at times!!! [jumper] [jumper] [jumper]

I totally understand. I didn't know about the Talons either until a few days ago. I didn't know if it was simply another way to skin the cat or if they perhaps were a bit better of a solution for holding the sticks in a mobile setup. There's very little information from what I can find through Google to compare them so I figured I would ask here as a lot of folks here use the Wolf stands.

I'll just have to try some out for myself and weigh in on the pro's and con's of each throughout the season.

--------------------

recurvehunt
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 41932

Icon 1 posted      Profile for recurvehunt   Email recurvehunt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have never tried the LW stick quiver, but do have a set of the talons.

Primary pro that i see, for the talons, is that you mount them off-set of the seat post; thereby allowing you to leave the the talons and sticks mounted while you climb (removing one at a time as you go up).

And then not having to remove them from stand when ready to hang stand, like i assumed you'd have to with the stick quiver.

Posts: 30 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Jul 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©