3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Manolito Munoz

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Wall Tent has Arrived (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Wall Tent has Arrived
John146
SPONSOR
Member # 26049

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John146   Email John146   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I just received my 12 x 14 Davis Wall Tent. Set it up in the backyard to make sure all the pipes were right and as I expected it was perfect.

Kyle was the guy I dealt with at Davis Tent to place my order and also spoke to Roy and Rick Davis before shipping. These guys were top notch in the way of polite, professional service and advice; even if it meant not selling me something they didn't think I needed for what I was using my tent for. Hard to find these days.

Went back in the search engine on Pow Wow for wall tents and got some great advice and guidance. Kudo's again to Jason(LBHunter) at Traditional Bowhunting and Wilderness Podcast. I pretty much go check to see if Jason has address a product for hunting or camping before I buy. When Jason likes something you can pretty much book that its good stuff.

So next time I set this tent up, Lord willing, will be in Kansas for an extended stay hunting whitetails. [goldtooth] [archer2]

[IMG]  - [/IMG]

-

--------------------
Todd Trahan
All of Creation Gives God Glory!

Posts: 1109 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
reddogge
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17294

Icon 1 posted      Profile for reddogge   Author's Homepage   Email reddogge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks great. Is the opening at the top for running a ridge pole for a fly?

--------------------
PBS Reg member 1973
Maryland Bowhunters Society
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Heart of Maryland Bowhunters
NRA

Posts: 5004 | From: Finksburg, MD | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John146
SPONSOR
Member # 26049

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John146   Email John146   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually both. If you were doing the awning (fly) your ridge support pipe would come through that sock after slipping into the sleeve of the connector.

--------------------
Todd Trahan

Posts: 1109 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Warden609
Contributor 2017
Member # 9279

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Warden609   Author's Homepage   Email Warden609   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man that looks nice!
Posts: 2649 | From: Kentucky | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam McMichael
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam McMichael   Email Sam McMichael   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great looking tent. Deer camp ought to be really cozy this year.

--------------------
Sam

Posts: 4784 | From: Gray, Georgia | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crittergetter
Contributor 2017
Member # 40336

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crittergetter   Email Crittergetter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks awesome Todd!!! I'll have one someday!
You going to bring it to the hog hunt in January?

--------------------
An elitist mentality creates discord, even among the elite!
"I went jackalope hunting but all I saw was does!"
Luck is when preparedness meets opportunity, I just need more opportunities!

Posts: 2003 | From: East Texas | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John146
SPONSOR
Member # 26049

Hey Randy, that's the plan brother!! Just got to make sure the horses don't get to it while we're hunting!

--------------------
Todd Trahan

Butchie
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 2573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Butchie   Email Butchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very nice. Looks like many memorable adventures to come with that set up!

--------------------
"Don't worry about the old blind mule, just keep a load in the wagon!"

Posts: 941 | From: Western, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cyclic-Rivers
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 21222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cyclic-Rivers   Email Cyclic-Rivers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looking Good. I have a similar one with external frame. Gotta get some vaca and set it up for a hunt!

--------------------
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Mohawk Hudson Traditional Archers
NY Bowhunters

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Posts: 17118 | From: Central Wisconsin | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SAM E. STEPHENS
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 23228

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SAM E. STEPHENS   Email SAM E. STEPHENS   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wall tent camps are like stepping back in time , I love it....

,,,Sam,,,

--------------------
HUNT OLD SCHOOL

Posts: 2623 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
R.V.T.B.
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 14671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for R.V.T.B.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a little bigger Davis with external poles. I have only had the tent and stove for about four years now but I have spent several months worth of nights in it already. I had it up in Utah elk hunting for over a month last fall and have hunted out of it in five different states so far. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I have mine.
Posts: 614 | From: Virginia | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kip
CORPORATE SPONSOR 2016
Member # 3146

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kip   Email Kip   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Todd very nice just what you need .Kip
Posts: 2497 | From: Ville Platte Louisiana | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rjackson
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 14066

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rjackson   Email rjackson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't get any better than that !!!

Very Nice
Randy

Posts: 581 | From: alabama | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John146
SPONSOR
Member # 26049

Here are some pictures of my tent set up in Kansas. [IMG]  - [/IMG]

[IMG]http://  - [/IMG]

--------------------
Todd Trahan

John146
SPONSOR
Member # 26049

Summit Stove which includes the water tank, and warming tray. For two nights it was 29 degrees and I had it 70 degrees in that tent in no time. Very pleased with the performance of the stove.

Because of the extra room I decided to bring an inflatable mattress instead of the cot I have. Man did I sleep good! Took some serious afternoon power naps as well. With more than one hunter the stacking cots would definitely be the ticket.

--------------------
Todd Trahan

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©