3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Manolito Munoz

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Would it be safe? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Would it be safe?
The Whittler
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 4120

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Whittler   Email The Whittler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What would happen if you didn't use the telephone pole. If you have no family then don't worry about it, what's the worst that could happen.
Posts: 3248 | From: Northern Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Butchie
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 2573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Butchie   Email Butchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would advise against that for sure. [scared]

--------------------
"Don't worry about the old blind mule, just keep a load in the wagon!"

Posts: 941 | From: Western, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jcprintz
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 5264

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jcprintz   Email jcprintz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ditto ron w

--------------------
TGMM,Family of the Bow

Posts: 439 | From: Charles County, Maryland | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JohnV
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2493

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnV   Email JohnV   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did that once when I was young and foolish. Each time I shifted my weight the stand would drop a good 6 inches. Most climbing stands are dangerous to use on hard surface trees as they are not getting enough "bite".

--------------------
Proud Regular Member of the Professional Bowhunters Society

Posts: 466 | From: Iowa | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
curlis
Contributor 2017
Member # 9765

Icon 1 posted      Profile for curlis   Email curlis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for all of the advice. I went a different direction.

--------------------
Pick a spot and concentrate!

Posts: 1045 | From: Monroe, Ohio | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hud
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 9639

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hud   Author's Homepage   Email Hud   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Use a chain saw and cut it down, save a life.

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 2092 | From: Ridgefield, Wa. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Malone
Member # 46247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Malone   Email John Malone   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My cousins brother in-law used to hunt from one. Killed a nice buck from it, one day a wind gust came along and now he hunts in the comfort of his wheelchair. I like Huds advice, chainsaw is the only answer.

--------------------
If I'm breathing, I have nothing to complain about.

Posts: 60 | From: Richmond County North Carolina | Registered: May 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TRAP
Assoc Sponsor - 2017 Contributor
Member # 12775

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRAP   Email TRAP   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Id find a tree with some cover and more importantly, some roots either where they are coming from or where they are going. Please don't climb a power pole.

--------------------
"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" Gen. Eric Shinsheki

"If you laugh, and you think, and you cry, that's a full day, that's a heck of a day." Jim Valvano.

Posts: 4372 | From: MO | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Possum Head
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 23948

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Possum Head   Email Possum Head   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by curlis:
Thanks for all of the advice. I went a different direction.

Hey, he went a different direction [readit]
Posts: 2093 | From: Hurley, Mississippi | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
frank bullitt
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17387

Icon 1 posted      Profile for frank bullitt   Email frank bullitt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Wensel twins, had a photo of a power pole climber. Fried!
Posts: 2340 | From: mighty wabash river,in. | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©