3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Manolito Munoz

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » BW PCH talk me down!!!! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: BW PCH talk me down!!!!
caleb7mm
Contributor 2011
Member # 17672

Icon 1 posted      Profile for caleb7mm   Email caleb7mm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have never owned a BW before. I have hunted with a bear grizzly forever. I've had other custom bows in the past but I have always shot the grizzly better. I am seriously considering a 58" pch.

someone please give me pros and cons over the bear...

im a 29" draw if that is a factor to consider

--------------------
:0)

Posts: 965 | From: Jasper, GA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blueridge
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 24304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blueridge   Author's Homepage   Email Blueridge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Call Roger and do a test drive. You will see.

--------------------
Isaiah 1:18-20 Come now let us reason together, says the Lord.

Posts: 1062 | From: Georgia | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ulysseys
Contributor 2017
Member # 11263

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ulysseys   Email Ulysseys   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are no cons....I've had every bow imaginable but when it's time to hunt I grab my 58" pch...it's a hunting machine

--------------------
Type inspirational or witty quote here

Posts: 956 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mark Willoughby
Contributor 2017
Member # 42619

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mark Willoughby   Email mark Willoughby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No down side what so ever to a widda

--------------------
Never spend your money before you have earned it ,.... Thomas Jefferson

If you want something you've never had , you must be willing to do something you've never done ,... Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 919 | From: kentucky | Registered: Nov 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tedd
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 1692

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tedd   Email Tedd   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had two, they were very good bows. Probably some of the best. No problems at all. I kinda wish I kept one of them. If you want one you won't shake it so get one!!
I found they were just a little heavier to carry than I cared for and have gone in the opposite direction preferring the slim lightness of a one pc rf/df long bow.
Tedd

Posts: 2529 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
caleb7mm
Contributor 2011
Member # 17672

Icon 1 posted      Profile for caleb7mm   Email caleb7mm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
at least I can tell the wife I tried to not spend the money right? haha

thanks fellas [Smile]

--------------------
:0)

Posts: 965 | From: Jasper, GA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cyclic-Rivers
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 21222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cyclic-Rivers   Email Cyclic-Rivers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not trying to talk you out of the BW but a Grizzly is Damn fine bow.

--------------------
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Mohawk Hudson Traditional Archers
NY Bowhunters

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Posts: 17118 | From: Central Wisconsin | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Skates
Contributor 2017
Member # 6770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Skates   Email Skates       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really nice hunting bows. Very versatile and they have a great shooting platform, as well as a great company backing them up.
Posts: 158 | From: Miami | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sean B
Contributor 2017
Member # 22257

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sean B   Email Sean B   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of the best bows I've ever owned. The only reason that I got rid of mine was because I won a free Widow for biggest bear in camp. I chose a KB which is another great bow. I'm sorry that I sold my PCH. No real cons

--------------------
Sean
PBS Regular Member
Comptons
NY Bowhunters Association
BW KB X
Schafer Silvertip

Posts: 3569 | From: Dutchess Co. New York | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jkm97
Contributor 2015
Member # 38648

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jkm97   Email jkm97   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sean, how do you like the KB compared to the PCH?
Posts: 693 | From: Mississippi | Registered: Mar 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Nocking Point
SPONSOR
Member # 26001

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Nocking Point   Author's Homepage   Email The Nocking Point   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great shooting bows, short sight window and longer limbs means smooth.
Terry

--------------------
The Nocking Point
Like us on Facebook
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Life Member

Posts: 2666 | From: Log cabin in Osage county Oklahoma | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KAZ
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 23991

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KAZ   Email KAZ   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Both the PCH and KB are sweet bows for sure... [goldtooth]
Posts: 876 | From: Iowa | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tedd
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 1692

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tedd   Email Tedd   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He is correct about the short sight window. I forgot but do recall an occasional blocked arrow flight/impact.
Tedd

Posts: 2529 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sean B
Contributor 2017
Member # 22257

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sean B   Email Sean B   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jkm97:
Sean, how do you like the KB compared to the PCH?

It's pretty close for me. The KB is lighter mass weight but the PCH being a take down makes it more convenient. Love them both

--------------------
Sean
PBS Regular Member
Comptons
NY Bowhunters Association
BW KB X
Schafer Silvertip

Posts: 3569 | From: Dutchess Co. New York | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Etter
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 26482

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Etter   Email Etter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ive owned a good many bows since going traditional from metal risers like the pse coyote to bear grizzly's, zipper, kanati, black canyon, damon howatt, samick, etc etc. Ive stopped messing around with anything but widows. I currently own a 60" PA and a 60"PTF. The ptf has become my go to bow. To me, widows are just better than anything else out there (for me). I love the high mass weight, heavy pre load, smooth draw, and high brace height. Plus they absolutely slam a heavy arrow into a target. The asbell grip is my favorite btw
Posts: 439 | From: Georgia | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©