3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Manolito Munoz

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Shrew Crew (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Shrew Crew
Ron LaClair
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ron LaClair   Email Ron LaClair   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

-

-

--------------------
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.

Posts: 5014 | From: Potterville Michigan | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ron LaClair
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ron LaClair   Email Ron LaClair   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

-

-

--------------------
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.

Posts: 5014 | From: Potterville Michigan | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adkmountainken
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 3237

Icon 1 posted      Profile for adkmountainken   Email adkmountainken   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
always look forward to this post! are there any trout in the creek?

--------------------
I go by many names but Daddy is my favorite!
listen to everyone,FOLLOW NO ONE!!
if your lucky enough to spend time in the mountains...then your lucky enough!
What ever befalls the Earth befalls the sons of the Earth.

Posts: 7028 | From: the great Adirondacks | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ron LaClair
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13

The new addition, Little Haven with Lobo's Lair

-

Shrew Havens fancy new privy

-

-

--------------------

todd smith
SPONSOR
Member # 10411

Icon 1 posted      Profile for todd smith   Author's Homepage   Email todd smith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always look forward to this thread. Thanks guys for sharing your pictures and stories. [archer2]

--------------------
todd smith

"I like bow-an-arrows."

www.ToddSmithCo.com

Posts: 717 | From: Angola, IN | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D. Key
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 3106

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D. Key   Email D. Key   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the history Ron. I can tell from your description it was a labor of love by all and I commend all of you for the beautiful result. I can just imagine coming in from a long day's hunt in the cold wind and snow, only to smell the prepared feast on the stove, the smell of wood burning in the stove and the warmth of the fire and great friends.

As close to heaven as you can get. God bless.

--------------------
"Pick-A-Spot"

Doug Key

Posts: 2097 | From: Jasper, TX | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ron LaClair
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13

A video of Shrew Haven deer camp, it starts a little into the video

web page

--------------------

sheepdogreno
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 42390

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sheepdogreno   Email sheepdogreno   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for sharing. I wish so bad I grew up with something like this...or had a place to disappear to for a week a year.

--------------------
I'd rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6

59 Kodiak 45@28
rich emery stik 56in 50@28
1966 bear tigercat 30@28 my girls bow
1977 bear kmag 50#@28 greenie
2014 samick sage 62" 50#@28

Posts: 638 | From: Indiana | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roger Norris
SPONSOR
Member # 601

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roger Norris   Author's Homepage   Email Roger Norris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Business concerns kept me away from ShrewHaven this year and it truly broke my heart. Such a great place, and such wonderful and loyal friends.

--------------------
"I think wolves would find me stringy, of high cholesterol, with an Irish whiskey aftertaste"
www.Tradwoodsman.com What the heck is an Arrow Canoe?

Posts: 3979 | From: Michigan | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ron LaClair
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13

We missed you in camp this year Sledge. Young Eric did a good job keeping the wood stove stoked and he mastered the procedure of raking the coals forward. [Smile]

Where were you when the video was made in 2013?

-

--------------------

ron w
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 14741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ron w   Author's Homepage   Email ron w   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is nothing like a north country deer camp. [thumbsup]

--------------------
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner. Shunryu Suzuki

Posts: 15811 | From: tribes hill , new york | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wooddamon1
Contributor 2016
Member # 26099

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wooddamon1   Email wooddamon1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just a beautiful place you guys have up there. Relaxing just to see the photos.

--------------------
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind..."-Fred Bear

Posts: 4739 | From: Muskegon, Michigan | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray Lyon
Charter Member - Contributor 2017
Member # 35

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray Lyon   Email Ray Lyon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, Lil Eric mentioned Roger must have it out for him. Lil Eric sleeps on top bunk (9 feet up) and he roasts when Roger keeps stove stoked too high at night. Perhaps Roger and Eric's wife have an agreement, sweat off all that extra weight he's packing on at camp before he comes home!!!! [biglaugh]

--------------------
Shrewhaven Lodge co-chef

Posts: 4336 | From: Traverse City, MI | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray Lyon
Charter Member - Contributor 2017
Member # 35

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray Lyon   Email Ray Lyon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And yes, Roger, you were missed!

--------------------
Shrewhaven Lodge co-chef

Posts: 4336 | From: Traverse City, MI | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ron LaClair
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13

Here's two of the 6 bunks in the bunk room, they're stacked 3 high. The young guys get the top bunks because the old duffers can't climb up there. [biglaugh]

-

--------------------

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©