3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

John Deitterick

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » carbon arrows and pass through...no blood? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: carbon arrows and pass through...no blood?
Longtoke
Contributor 2017
Member # 43977

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Longtoke   Email Longtoke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You could always give the arrow a sniff test when in doubt

--------------------
Pika t/d 54"
Prairie Predator 60"
1961 kodiak 60"

Posts: 990 | From: Colorado | Registered: Sep 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ALwoodsman
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 26147

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ALwoodsman   Email ALwoodsman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nothing on arrow = miss
Posts: 225 | From: North Alabama | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wingnut
SPONSOR - Charter Member
Member # 12

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wingnut   Author's Homepage   Email wingnut   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd say that he passed it up. Probably low.

Mike

--------------------
www.dryadbows.com
www.dryadbows.com/helleknives/index.htm

http://www.facebook.com/dryadbows?ref=ts
TRADGANG Sponsor since day 1

Posts: 9360 | From: weatherford, texas | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Blood doesn't know what material the shaft is made of....its NOT the carbon shaft, period. Look elsewhere for you issue.

[campfire]

--------------------
"An anchor point is not a destination, it's an evolution to execution" - Me

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Black Powder Gang ......... & www.loopaddictions.com

Posts: 31126 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gen273
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 24602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gen273   Email Gen273   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BAK:
Clean miss! No such thing as no residue on the arrow shaft regardless of composition.

I agree completely!!!

--------------------
Jesus Saves (ROM 10:13)

Posts: 3913 | From: KY | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SuperK
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 12809

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SuperK   Email SuperK   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, I have to agree with what has already been said...clean miss!

--------------------
They exchanged the truth of GOD for a lie,and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator-who is forever praised.Amen Romans 1:25 NIV

Posts: 1434 | From: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RedShaft
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 4897

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RedShaft   Email RedShaft   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A shot through the brisket low or very high on the back will do this. Had it happen. Deer is just fine then.

--------------------
Respect All...Fear None!
Rough Country.. The Hunters Choice

Posts: 1806 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TRAP
Assoc Sponsor - 2017 Contributor
Member # 12775

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRAP   Email TRAP   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He mmmmmmissed

--------------------
"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" Gen. Eric Shinsheki

"If you laugh, and you think, and you cry, that's a full day, that's a heck of a day." Jim Valvano.

Posts: 4372 | From: MO | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cyclic-Rivers
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 21222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cyclic-Rivers   Email Cyclic-Rivers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its ok, Tell your buddy everyone misses now and again.

--------------------
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Mohawk Hudson Traditional Archers
NY Bowhunters

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Posts: 17182 | From: Central Wisconsin | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stumpkiller
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 976

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stumpkiller   Email Stumpkiller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Longtoke:
You could always give the arrow a sniff test when in doubt

True. This does work for abdominal hits.

Another sign of a hit would be found by crawling around the shot site looking for hair. If you hit a deer with a sharp broadhead there will be hair.

--------------------
Charlie P. }}===]> A.B.C.C.

Bear Kodiak & K. Hunter, D. Palmer Hunter, Ben Pearson Hunter, Wing Presentation II & 4 Red Wing Hunters (LH & 3 RH), Browning Explorer, Cobra II & Wasp, Martin/Howatt Dream Catcher, Root Warrior, Shakespeare Necedah.

Posts: 4057 | From: Upstate NY | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old_goat2
Contributor 2014
Member # 35569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old_goat2   Author's Homepage   Email old_goat2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not on a fatal shoot, shot an elk though a non lethal spot on the neck and there was just one little speck of meat at the front end of the feather and I shot a coyote center mass and that arrow was moist with fur on the broadhead but basically no blood. Everything that hit fatal had a good bit of blood, even the one rabbit I used a broadhead on instead of a blunt and passed through it was covered in blood. He either missed or made a meat hit in my opinion

--------------------
David Achatz
CPO USN Ret.
Various bows, but if you see me shooting, it's probably a Toelke in my hand!

Posts: 2156 | From: ArvadaCO | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Schmidty3
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 23018

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Schmidty3   Email Schmidty3   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like Michael said... I've seen a pretty clean arrow on a gut shot. Smell it. The nose doesn't lie.
Posts: 211 | From: Dallas, tx | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
woodchucker
Contributor 2017
Member # 2822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for woodchucker   Email woodchucker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Obviously, it's the BOW!!! Compounds will do these things...
They shoot SO fast, that the arrow does not have enough time, to do it's job!!! Tell your friend, to sell his bow IMEDIATELY, and buy a traditional bow.

--------------------
There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Posts: 5613 | From: Dutchess Co. New York | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes I still agree and any shot that is a pass-through will leave some residue of some kind even a brisket hit.... plus a brisket hit leaves white fur all over the ground at impact....there's no way he shouldn't have been able to find that much white hair on the ground.

--------------------
"An anchor point is not a destination, it's an evolution to execution" - Me

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Black Powder Gang ......... & www.loopaddictions.com

Posts: 31126 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stumpkiller
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 976

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stumpkiller   Email Stumpkiller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by woodchucker:
Obviously, it's the BOW!!! Compounds will do these things...
They shoot SO fast, that the arrow does not have enough time, to do it's job!!! Tell your friend, to sell his bow IMEDIATELY, and buy a traditional bow.

Ahhhhh.

So blazing fast the arrows cauterize the wound channel even as they cut it.

Devil's tools.

--------------------
Charlie P. }}===]> A.B.C.C.

Bear Kodiak & K. Hunter, D. Palmer Hunter, Ben Pearson Hunter, Wing Presentation II & 4 Red Wing Hunters (LH & 3 RH), Browning Explorer, Cobra II & Wasp, Martin/Howatt Dream Catcher, Root Warrior, Shakespeare Necedah.

Posts: 4057 | From: Upstate NY | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©