INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Manolito Munoz

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Nebraska Hunting

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Nebraska Hunting
jonwilson
SPONSOR
Member # 39607

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jonwilson   Email jonwilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like I’ll be traveling to Nebraska (Omaha, specifically) at least 4 times a year for work starting the middle of this month. I’m wondering if someone could be so kind as to let me know if there is any good public land around Omaha for hunting deer and turkey.

Thanks in advance!

--------------------
Digital Marketing for the outdoor industry (web design, graphic design, search engine optimization, etc.):
www.gen273.com

Posts: 139 | From: Carthage, Mississippi | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bowslinger
Contributor 2017
Member # 16429

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bowslinger   Email bowslinger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jon,

There are small pieces of public land within an hour's drive of Omaha but they tend to get hunted pretty hard. Most of the public land is in central and northwest Nebraska. There is an interactive public lands mapping tool you can access. http://outdoornebraska.gov/publicaccessatlas/

There are a few state parks within 1.5 hours of Omaha that allow archery hunting in the last month of the season. A call to Nebraska Game and Parks commission should help quite a bit. Drop me a PM and may be we can exchange phone numbers if you would like to talk.

Mike

--------------------
Hunting is the only sport where one side doesn't know it's playing - John Madden

Posts: 630 | From: Omaha, NE | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jonwilson
SPONSOR
Member # 39607

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jonwilson   Email jonwilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the information, Mike!

I'll do that. I am headed up there next Monday for a week. Maybe we could meet up for coffee or something. I'd definitely like to meet more trad archers. I'm new to this (trad archery, not hunting) and want to learn everything I can.

--------------------
Digital Marketing for the outdoor industry (web design, graphic design, search engine optimization, etc.):
www.gen273.com

Posts: 139 | From: Carthage, Mississippi | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smoke
Member # 11553

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smoke   Email smoke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you ever get to Lincoln, shoot me a note and I'll buy you a beer to discuss trad archer!
Posts: 71 | From: lincoln, Ne | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jonwilson
SPONSOR
Member # 39607

I like Lincoln! Been there once a few years ago. I'd like to visit again. Wish I could remember the cafe I enjoyed so much. I believe it was downtown.

I'll definitely get in touch if/when I go back.

--------------------
www.gen273.com

bowslinger
Contributor 2017
Member # 16429

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bowslinger   Email bowslinger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I leave for northwest Nebraska Saturday the 11th for 9 days; deer rifle season. I may get the chance to do a little pheasant and grouse hunting, fly fishing for browns and rainbows. Also taking bow in case I tag out early. In Nebraska, you can bowhunt during the rifle season as long as you follow blaze orange requirements. Wasn't always the case.

--------------------
Hunting is the only sport where one side doesn't know it's playing - John Madden

Posts: 630 | From: Omaha, NE | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jonwilson
SPONSOR
Member # 39607

Good luck Mike!

--------------------
www.gen273.com

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©