3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Manolito Munoz

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Buck hears the Wing sing (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Buck hears the Wing sing
ksbowman
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9073

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ksbowman   Email ksbowman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Been a good year with lots of activity here in Kansas. Hunting with the old Wing Thunderbird this spring ended with a nice gobbler in the bag. This fall I have been seeing more deer than I have in a long time. One sit I saw 12 does and fawns and another netted 14 does and fawns (3 sets of twins)that sit, plus a couple bucks. Last Thursday, November 3,was a foggy, misty morning with just enough breeze to cover a little bit of movement. I got in the stand a good half hour before first light. It always amazes me how much light pollution we have. There are two small towns about 9 miles away in different directions and there is a glow in the dark from both. The sun soon came up and at 7:30 I gave a rattle with the horns , tickling them for a couple minutes and then throwing in a couple grunts. Fifteen minutes went by and I noticed some movement through the leaves towards the creek bottom and to my right. I usually shoot setting down but, decided to stand this time. This makes more a steep angle and makes me worry about not having an exit hole for blood trailing. The deer stopped behind a thick place in the brush and when he did I rose very slowly. Raised my bow, put pressure on the string and waited. He started moving again in a slow, methodical walk. I don't like shooting at a moving deer but, he was going to pass at 18 yards on a well used trail so I made the decision to not try and stop him. He stepped in the shot window, I concentrated on his off shoulder and the arrow was away. I bought a Lumanock to try this fall and it lit up like a laser. Normally I get pass thru's on deer and this time I didn't. He took off at a dead run (pun intended). He ran to a fence line to my left and then there was a huge crash followed by silence.

--------------------
I would've taken better care of myself,if I'd known I was gonna live this long!

Posts: 1872 | From: Paola,kansas | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ksbowman
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9073

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ksbowman   Email ksbowman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I waited 45 minutes, then got down and went right to where he went into the hedge row and my arrow was laying on the ground. Very little blood though. Looked towards the fence, then turned to the right and no buck! Looked back at the arrow with a glowing nock and the few drops of blood, then looked thru the fence and there he lay. Crossed the fence and picked him up a little, wow he's heavy.  -

--------------------

Posts: 1872 | From: Paola,kansas | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ksbowman
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9073

62" Wing Thunderbird,54#@29", Easton aluminum 2213's, Zwickey 4 blade Delta head  -

--------------------

Gen273
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 24602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gen273   Email Gen273   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats Ben!!! That's an awesome buck, I love the tall tight rack.

--------------------
Jesus Saves (ROM 10:13)

Posts: 3906 | From: KY | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kopper1013
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 41502

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kopper1013   Email Kopper1013   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beautiful buck congratulations great shooting

--------------------
Primitive archery gives yourself the maximum challenge while giving the animal the maximum chance to escape- G. Fred Asbell

Posts: 1154 | From: New York | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Big Ed
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 2241

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Big Ed   Email Big Ed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome buck!

--------------------
"Get kids involved in the outdoors"

Posts: 6968 | From: Morgantown, PA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shedhunta
2017 Contributor
Member # 35400

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shedhunta   Email shedhunta   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well done!!!

--------------------
Toelke whip 2 piece. 58" 50@28"

Posts: 729 | From: DE | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
4runr
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 8051

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4runr   Email 4runr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice! Congrats!

--------------------
Kenny

Christ died to save me, this I read
and in my heart I find a need
of Him to be my Savior
By Aaron Shuste

TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 8071 | From: Hartville, Ohio | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ron w
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 14741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ron w   Author's Homepage   Email ron w   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[thumbsup] Nice high rack.......well done.

--------------------
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner. Shunryu Suzuki

Posts: 15815 | From: tribes hill , new york | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jayrod
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 17800

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jayrod   Author's Homepage   Email Jayrod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greatbuck..Congrats!!

--------------------
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Associate member/ PBS

Posts: 3194 | From: Western Pennsylvania | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caleb Monroe
2017 Contributor
Member # 23857

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caleb Monroe   Email Caleb Monroe   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice buck. Congrats.

--------------------
Sweka St. Jude Hill Style 70" 50@31"
Wild Horse Creek Condor 64" 55@31"

Posts: 277 | From: Kansas | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
23feetupandhappy
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 18774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 23feetupandhappy   Email 23feetupandhappy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sweet buck, love the height and color!!!!

Congrats [clapper]

--------------------
The Lord Is My Provider......

Posts: 1458 | From: Eastern Iowa | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cyclic-Rivers
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 21222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cyclic-Rivers   Email Cyclic-Rivers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great Buck Congrats!

--------------------
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Mohawk Hudson Traditional Archers
NY Bowhunters

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Posts: 17130 | From: Central Wisconsin | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ESP
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 23117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ESP   Email ESP   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations
Posts: 300 | From: ohio | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sockrsblur
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 35720

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sockrsblur   Email Sockrsblur   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
beautiful buck!!

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow
"Hunt Hard!" Uncle Bud
PBS Member

Posts: 2156 | From: NY | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©