3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Dalton Lewis

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Two newly designed recurves by Maddog (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Two newly designed recurves by Maddog
Mike Mecredy
SPONSOR
Member # 8133

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Mecredy   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Mecredy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello all, First I fully understand that when it comes to recurve bows, it's "all been done", "nothing is new" etc. But after getting input a few months back from the good folks here in tradgang.com, I decided recurve bows in lengths from 54" - 62" are fairly common, so I designed at 50" and a 64". Both are total overall lengths measured along the curve from tip to tip. Here's a look at them so you can get an idea. The 50" is called the "Machete", since it's a good short bow to take into the brush, and the 64" I'll call the "Big Dog" since it's long and big, obviously. These two will be getting added soon to my website and will be available then.

The Machete is $375 plus $15 shipping

The Big Dog is $450 plus $20 for shipping.

-

The one on the left is the 50" Machete, the one on the right is the 64" Big Dog

-

A close up on the Machete

-

A close up on the Big Dog

--------------------
-Maddog
TGMM Family of the bow

Maddog Archery
USAF, Retired
A.C.B.C.S.

Posts: 2394 | From: Pahrump Nevada | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Mecredy
SPONSOR
Member # 8133

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Mecredy   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Mecredy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Proto Types are as follows, the Machete turned out 38# @ 28", Walnut, black glass hard maple lams (It can be drawn to 28")
Here's how it draws:

24# @ 22"
26# @ 23"
28# @ 24"
30# @ 25"
32# @ 26"
35# @ 27"
38# @ 28"

The Big Dog finished up 31# @ 28". Zebra wood, and Walnut, green glass and hickory lams.
and here's how it draws:

25# @ 25"
27# @ 26"
29# @ 27"
31# @ 28"
33# @ 29"
35# @ 30"
37# @ 31"
40# @ 32" (39.7# actually)

I Look forward to Trying the 64" at a hunting weight of around 45# - 50# and see how it shoots. That'll be coming soon, after the holidays.

--------------------
-Maddog
TGMM Family of the bow

Maddog Archery
USAF, Retired
A.C.B.C.S.

Posts: 2394 | From: Pahrump Nevada | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matt steed
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 11234

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matt steed   Email matt steed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The 64 looks like it would be a joy to shoot. They both look great.
Posts: 228 | From: mississippi | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Red Beastmaster
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 820

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red Beastmaster   Email Red Beastmaster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very nice!

--------------------
There is no great fun, satisfaction, or joy derived from doing something that's easy. Coach John Wooden

Posts: 1741 | From: Meyersdale, Pennsylvania | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Homey88
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 40473

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Homey88   Email Homey88   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very nice! That 64 inch recurve interests me! Can’t wait to see how it performs in hunting weights!
Posts: 1256 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Dec 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Soonerlongbow
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 36638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Soonerlongbow   Email Soonerlongbow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That 50” model looks like the ticket for change confined spaces. My 65” longbow is a bit big to use from my canoe and something like that might just be the ticket!

--------------------
PSE Legacy 55@28

US Army MP 2000-'08

Posts: 600 | From: OK | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JR Williams
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 23168

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JR Williams     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love that long one............ be talking to you soon!

--------------------
God Bless

Numunuu

Posts: 200 | From: Augusta, GA | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Mecredy
SPONSOR
Member # 8133

I have the Machete up on the sponsor's classified, but the 64" big dog I'm giving to my oldest grand kid.

--------------------
-Maddog
TGMM Family of the bow

Maddog Archery
USAF, Retired
A.C.B.C.S.

Tradcat
Contributor 2016
Member # 35226

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tradcat   Email Tradcat   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interested in the 64" model
Posts: 665 | From: Florida | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alexander Traditional
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 35858

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alexander Traditional   Email Alexander Traditional   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That 64 is pretty cool!
Posts: 2399 | From: TX | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Mecredy
SPONSOR
Member # 8133

I couldn't quit shooting the 64", even though it's such light weight, and my lightest arrows are spine'd 45# - 50# it was still shooting them pretty good.

--------------------
-Maddog
TGMM Family of the bow

Maddog Archery
USAF, Retired
A.C.B.C.S.

Captain*Kirk
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 45005

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Captain*Kirk   Email Captain*Kirk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mike, those are beautiful. Do you have any ballpark price ranges in mind yet? I am drooling over the green glass, are you planning on offering that option in all the recurve models or just the Big Dog?
Outstanding work, sir!
Are you saying the Machete stacks at DL over 28"? My DL is 29-29.5 and I prefer a hunting weight of 45#?

--------------------
Aim small,miss small

Posts: 664 | From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Mecredy
SPONSOR
Member # 8133

Kirk, the machete won't work for you and your 29" + draw. Unless you can short-draw it consistently. (Which I don't recommend)

I offer black, green or brown fiberglass on any bow I build, I'll also use clear for an additional $50.

The Machete is $375 plus $15 shipping

The Big Dog is $450 plus $20 for shipping.

I'll add the prices to the first post.

--------------------
-Maddog
TGMM Family of the bow

Maddog Archery
USAF, Retired
A.C.B.C.S.

Captain*Kirk
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 45005

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Captain*Kirk   Email Captain*Kirk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Outstanding! I was thinking more in line with the Big Dog anyway, already have a K-Mag and it's short enough. One last question; can you apply an epoxy finish like Thunderbird? [archer]

--------------------
Aim small,miss small

Posts: 664 | From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dao
Member # 42384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dao   Email Dao   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Machete is AWESOME!! it is one of the quieter bow for recurve and it is pure joy to shoot. -ted

--------------------
Todd Scherrinsky 48 48" 44@27
Little Suckling 38 Spc. 38" 59@28
Rodney Wright Stalker 43" 50@27
Kiko Tovar 44 Magnum 44" 66@28
Maddog Machete 49" 48@28

Posts: 54 | From: Guilderland NY | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©