3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Manolito Munoz

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Just a writing suggestion (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Just a writing suggestion
Etter
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 26482

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Etter   Email Etter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You should try to read through the Georgia hunting forum once in a while. I've never seen another place like it. It's very sad the lack of education available in some parts of the country OR the complete lack of interest in the education that is provided.
Posts: 439 | From: Georgia | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Whittler
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 4120

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Whittler   Email The Whittler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another one for me is someone starts a story and stops part way though and says more later. Oh I have a great story about stick bow hunting I'll tell you later.

Either tell it or don't kind of childish by this time I don't care.

Posts: 3248 | From: Northern Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skeaterbait
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 9472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for skeaterbait   Email skeaterbait   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder if it's because a great number of us talk the same way.... non stop

just sayin... [saywhat]

--------------------
Sometimes I porpoise, sometimes I fishtail. Maybe I should get back in the boat.

Posts: 362 | From: Kearney, MO | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Burnsie
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 150

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Burnsie   Email Burnsie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I need to "sell" my bow.
not
I need to "sale" my bow.

--------------------
"You can't get into a bar fight if you don't go to the bar" (Grandma was pretty wise)

Posts: 2838 | From: Mahomet, Illinois | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tony Van Dort
CONTRIBUTOR 2018 - Mod
Member # 137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tony Van Dort   Email Tony Van Dort   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Whittler:
For me it's I have a bow for sell, and if you want it I will sale it to you. :-)

LOL...ain't it the truth! [Razz]
You gotta admit tho... the grammar here is unique to the crowd.

its how we be talkin' 'bout thangs, eh? But we be gettin er dun! [thumbsup]

Posts: 2291 | From: South Carolina | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NY Yankee
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NY Yankee   Email NY Yankee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not all of us paid attention in English class you know.

--------------------
Elk don't know how many feet a horse has!

Posts: 421 | From: Canandaigua, NY | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TooManyHobbies
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 22504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TooManyHobbies   Email TooManyHobbies   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It really only takes a minute to proofread what your posting, before hitting the Add Reply button.

As far as typos go, QUITE in place of QUIET drives me nuts.

--------------------
60" Bear Super Kodiak 50@28 (56@31)
68" Kohannah Long Bow 62@30

Posts: 767 | From: Connecticut | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TooManyHobbies
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 22504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TooManyHobbies   Email TooManyHobbies   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ha, as I misspelled "your". I meant "you're".

--------------------
60" Bear Super Kodiak 50@28 (56@31)
68" Kohannah Long Bow 62@30

Posts: 767 | From: Connecticut | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bowguy67
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 45078

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bowguy67   Email Bowguy67   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You guys forgot you're, as in you are and your. That too is easily fixed but very often screwed up
Posts: 78 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Jun 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keith Zimmerman
Contributor 2017
Member # 2714

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keith Zimmerman   Email Keith Zimmerman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Answer to it all...the EDIT function.
Posts: 4201 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Red Beastmaster
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 820

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red Beastmaster   Email Red Beastmaster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was a long continuing thread recently that opened with a huge post with no paragraph breaks. Extremely difficult to wade through.

I politely suggested to the OP to continue the story using paragraphs for easier reading. I was quickly scolded for the tip. Soon my post was pulled.

Most of my pet peeves have been addressed already. One that really irks me is right after an accidental double post the author comes right back with "Sorry for the double post". Just let it go!

Oh yeah, almost forgot "deer horns". They're ANTLERS!

--------------------
There is no great fun, satisfaction, or joy derived from doing something that's easy. Coach John Wooden

Posts: 1741 | From: Meyersdale, Pennsylvania | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mudd
2017 Contributor
Member # 184

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mudd   Author's Homepage   Email Mudd   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[clapper] [clapper] [clapper] [clapper]

God bless,Mudd [archer2]

--------------------
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Posts: 12024 | From: Ashland,Missouri | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NY Yankee
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 3896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NY Yankee   Email NY Yankee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How 'bout "would of" instead of "would've" grrrrr...

--------------------
Elk don't know how many feet a horse has!

Posts: 421 | From: Canandaigua, NY | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
McDave
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 10587

Icon 1 posted      Profile for McDave   Author's Homepage   Email McDave   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Red Beastmaster:

Oh yeah, almost forgot "deer horns". They're ANTLERS!

I wonder about this one. Some words take on a life of their own. We even have a place called “Elk Horn Slough” near Sacramento. I’ve heard taxidermists and other people who know that deer and elk have antlers call them horns. I think it’s kind of like the word “animals” which is commonly used to mean wild and domestic mammals other than humans, even though the person saying or writing that probably knows that we are animals too (as are fish and bugs). Or Marines calling naval vessels “boats” rather than “ships” just to get under Sailors’ skins. Or Sailors calling rifles “guns” just to get under Marines’ skins. In other words, a lot of these things, like “horns,” are probably said somewhat tongue in cheek or just to add a little spice to the language

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

I'm a man, and I can change, if I have to, I guess.

Posts: 4206 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roy from Pa
Contributor 2017
Member # 10602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roy from Pa   Email Roy from Pa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eric, see what ya started? LOL [Smile]
Posts: 11326 | From: PA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©