3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Dalton Lewis

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Anyone else had zero luck rattling? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Anyone else had zero luck rattling?
ESP
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 23117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ESP   Email ESP   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have had great success and not so great. I use grunts and rattling/clashing trying to break antlers also. Kick leaves and brush. More noise the better. The deer do have to be in an aggressive mood. We can't control that.
Posts: 299 | From: ohio | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fritz
Contributor 2010
Member # 2879

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fritz   Email Fritz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've killed several that I rattled in in KS and TX. No luck anywhere else i've hunted. The grunt tube is far superior for me.

--------------------
God is good, all the time!!!

Posts: 1554 | From: Merryville,LA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DeerSpotter
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 10453

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DeerSpotter   Author's Homepage   Email DeerSpotter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Terry Green:
Ah.....great memories rattling.....

This is my FIRST Trad Deer...First on the Ground...First Rattled in.... First deer kill on the family land my Great Great Grandfather homesteaded...and it was on a Thanksgiving morning...

-

WOW ! Terry what a memory, that's fantastic. Now I can understand a little more of your personality. I think that's the best memory that I've heard someone talk about. I don't think that one can be matched. Good luck on your hunting this year.

Carl

Posts: 1869 | From: St. Paul,MN | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TooManyHobbies
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 22504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TooManyHobbies   Email TooManyHobbies   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've only rattled in does. Shot two of them (pre-trad). I think a spike came looking on one of them, but from a different direction. No antlered bucks.

--------------------
60" Bear Super Kodiak 50@28 (56@31)
68" Kohannah Long Bow 62@30

Posts: 767 | From: Connecticut | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dnovo
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 6889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dnovo   Email dnovo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a farm in northern MO that I hunted for 28 years until it was sold last year. I rattled in multiple bucks there every year. Around my place a few miles outside of St. Louis , I try rattling every year cause I know it can work. I'll manage to rattle one in every 5 or 6 years. I think the main thing is deer population and ratio of bucks to does.

--------------------
PBS regular
UBM life member
Compton

Posts: 1568 | From: Imperial, MO | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
soap creek
Associate Sponsor - Contributor 2016
Member # 20203

Icon 1 posted      Profile for soap creek   Email soap creek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I rattled up 9pnt yesterday. Didn't shoot already filled my tag. I was just checking out an area. Most years I will rattle in a few bucks. Usually I only rattle if I see they're not going to come my way. Sometimes it works and sometimes not. If they take the bait it usually brings them right in close. I use a grunt call with rattling. The small bucks will sometime leave, especially with the grunting. The does don't seem to pay it much mind. You want to be really careful if on the ground because they're coming in looking.

--------------------
(Rom. 10:13)

Posts: 640 | From: S.E. Iowa | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©