INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Manolito Munoz

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Grizzly Instinct

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Grizzly Instinct
Vesty
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 4615

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vesty   Email Vesty   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any real life accounts of how these heads are performing on whitetails.
Posts: 431 | From: Kalamazoo, Michigan | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alexander Traditional
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 35858

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alexander Traditional   Email Alexander Traditional   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've only shot one,but it was a complete pass through. 200 grain with a 125 grain adapter out of a 55 pound bow. The arrow was stuck in a tree on the other side of the deer,with no damage to the head. They are easy to mount too.
Posts: 2399 | From: TX | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Arnette
Contributor 2017
Member # 18012

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Arnette   Email Michael Arnette   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I shot the woodsman original for years (practically identical) Either full penetration or complete pass-through on all setups. Never had a scant blood trial either which is something I can't say for many other heads.
Posts: 2562 | From: Tulsa, Oklahoma | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sockrsblur
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 35720

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sockrsblur   Email Sockrsblur   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

I was at Stickflingers bear camp june 2017 and an instinct took down the First Bear at our camp on night one. Brad (Biathlonman) was more than happy with the performance as his bear went no where... They are great looking heads...

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow
"Hunt Hard!" Uncle Bud
PBS Member

Posts: 2156 | From: NY | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Benjy
Contributor 2015
Member # 9320

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Benjy   Author's Homepage   Email Benjy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My favorite head!

-

-

-

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow
ZIPPER NITRO 64" LONGBOW 50#@29"
ZIPPER SXT 60" RECURVE 52#@29"
ZIPPER SXT 64" LONGBOW 71#@29"

Posts: 2264 | From: Irmo, SC | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cyclic-Rivers
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 21222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cyclic-Rivers   Email Cyclic-Rivers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have only shot a pig with one. I can say I hit a lot of bone! the tip was only slightly curled which filed out with less than a couple strokes. Really my biggest issue was not the head, It was the aluminum adaptor I chose to use.

They are great heads.

--------------------
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Mohawk Hudson Traditional Archers
NY Bowhunters

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Posts: 17130 | From: Central Wisconsin | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Biathlonman
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 13332

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Biathlonman   Email Biathlonman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That bear made it about 40 yards after the instinct zipped theough it. Shot from a 54@28 Zipper Zipstick on the end of a 29" 2117 with glue in/on adapter, total about 630 grains doing low 160 fps. Sitting in a tree now with the same set up and bought a half dozen more a guy was selling cheap yesterday. I have no intention of shooting anything else until I see a problem with them, and I don't expect that will be anytime soon.
Posts: 3929 | From: Lexington, Kentucky | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
charles m
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 2599

Icon 1 posted      Profile for charles m         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can you please enlighten us on your comment 'I hit a lot of bone' I'd like to know more what that means exactly
Posts: 353 | From: pa | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©