3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Manolito Munoz

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Suggestions on decent pair of hunting boots - for ankle support (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Suggestions on decent pair of hunting boots - for ankle support
YosemiteSam
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 45388

Icon 1 posted      Profile for YosemiteSam   Email YosemiteSam   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You may want to try a minimalist approach. I trip & twist more often in big, clunky shoes of any design or amount of support. Minimalist designs can help you feel the ground better to avoid tripping or rolling in the first place. Plus there's less leverage on the foot so if you roll, your foot doesn't roll as far or with as much force.

If you need any evidence for the effect of a raised heel causing problems, just watch a woman try to run (or even walk) in high heels. Fat heels are dangerous. A 2" boot heel is better than a 5" woman's heel. But 0" is best of all.

--------------------
"A good hunter...that's somebody the animals COME to."
"Every animal knows way more than you do." -- by a Koyukon hunter, as quoted by R. Nelson.

Posts: 616 | From: CA | Registered: Sep 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
woodchucker
Contributor 2017
Member # 2822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for woodchucker   Email woodchucker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well... I don't know about that, Sam!!??

I watch women running for the train, in high spiked heels every morning!!! Most of these women, could probly run a marathon in them. Ok, I'm old & fat, but I can still run!!! I know I couldn't catch them if I had to! LMAO

--------------------
There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Posts: 5605 | From: Dutchess Co. New York | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zwickey2bl
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zwickey2bl   Email zwickey2bl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bought a pair of Rocky Grizzlies last year before my elk hunt and have been really pleased with them. They are lightly insulated (200 gram) but plenty for active hunting in my part of the country. Ankle support is good, they lace to the toe in the style of the Danner Elk Hunters.
Posts: 329 | From: NW Alabama | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MnFn
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 15341

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MnFn   Email MnFn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have very poor arches. Meindle Perfekt
Hikers gave been very good to me.
Four trips for elk in Colorado, two if which were backpack trips. I am get satisfied.

--------------------
"By the looks of his footprint he must be a big fella" Marge Gunderson (Fargo)

"Ain't no rock going to take my place". Luke 19:40

Posts: 2037 | From: North Dakota | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©