3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Cade M. Cabrera

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Toelke Pika

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Toelke Pika
RIng
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 19467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RIng   Email RIng   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am very selective on the bows I shoot . I have owned and or shot almost all the top bowers bows . I bought a 56" TD Pika from Dans' stock bow list . 40# at 28" and I pule 28" . The more I shoot this bow the more I like it . I have been shooting the last 2 days with a young man who I seat up with a long bow . I am enjoying this bow a lot . The workmanship and forgiveness of this bow is fantastic . After 2 week of shooting the bow I am very happy with it and it is my go too bow . thank you Dan
Posts: 389 | From: Petersburg N.Y. | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
threeundr
Contributor 2016
Member # 12940

Icon 1 posted      Profile for threeundr   Email threeundr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can't go wrong with one of Dan's bows. They are all top notch in my opinion.

-Leonard-

--------------------
-Leonard-

Posts: 977 | From: Whitehouse, Tx. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nineworlds9
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 37028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nineworlds9   Email nineworlds9   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pika is one of the top hunting bows currently available IMHO. Can't beat Dan's short wait time.

--------------------
54" Java Man Helms Deep
54" Shrew CH Carbon
62" Tall Tines Stickflinger
62" Cleland Stickbow

Horse Creek TAC, GA
TBOF

Posts: 7157 | From: Tallahassee, Florida | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mikolay87
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 43460

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mikolay87   Email mikolay87   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The pika is my go to and favorite bow I own

--------------------
All Lefties!!!
58" Toelke Chinook 50@28
56" Toelke Lynx Recurve 50,46,54@27
54" Toelke Pika 52@28
64" Toelke Lynx Longbow 38,47,51@27
56" Big Jim Thunderchild 46@27
56" Toelke Pika 51@29
60" Habu Vyperkahn 53@29

Posts: 176 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elkchaser
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 3860

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elkchaser   Email Elkchaser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by nineworlds9:
Pika is one of the top hunting bows currently available IMHO. Can't beat Dan's short wait time.

X2. [thumbsup]

--------------------
No matter where you go; There you are.......

Toelke Lynx RC 58", 51# @ 28"
Toelke Pika TD 56", 51# @ 28"

Posts: 1559 | From: Billings, Montana | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chase perry
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 37806

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chase perry   Email chase perry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good news! I bought my daughter and a friend’s son Dan’s last two right-handed tadpoles for Christmas. I spent some time visiting with Dan on the phone about what I shoot, and had ordered a Pika prior to hanging up. Can’t wait to get this bow in hand! Texas Ebony riser and Myrtle Veneers; should be pretty. Glad you’re enjoying your bow.

Take care, Chase

--------------------
Proverbs 28:1 "...the godly are as bold as lions."
Isaiah 40:31

BARK, n. The song of the dog. -Ambrose Bierce

Posts: 499 | From: Fredericksburg, Texas | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the rifleman
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 31319

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the rifleman   Email the rifleman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just got a 56" PIKA. Its 36# at my draw length. As others have said it handles like a 62" bow. It is fast and just as quiet as my two Whips. This is my third Toelke. Great bows and Dan is a great guy who goes well above and beyond! Cant wait for the 3D shoots!!
Posts: 568 | From: Ohio | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
longrifle
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 7971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for longrifle   Email longrifle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a used but new to me Pika coming my way, they almost look like a toy but , are pure killing machines.

--------------------
The human body is the only machine the harder you work it, the stronger it gets.
"Aim small- Hit small" ( I never think negative)

Posts: 757 | From: fillmore, in western N.Y. | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the rifleman
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 31319

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the rifleman   Email the rifleman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ring, just curious what arrows, spine, point weight , and length tune for you out of your 40#PIKA.
Longrifle, you're gonna really like your new bow!

Posts: 568 | From: Ohio | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snakebit40
Contributor 2015
Member # 25584

Icon 1 posted      Profile for snakebit40   Email snakebit40   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got a Pika back in August and love it! Great little bows. Mine is 56" 54@28 and I draw 28".

--------------------
Jon Richards

Isaiah 6:8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”.
>>>>------------>
Schafer Silvertip 54@28
Toelke Pika 54@28

Posts: 1930 | From: Colby, Kansas | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RIng
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 19467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RIng   Email RIng   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am shooting GT blems 1535 ( 600 ) 28 1/2 " light insert and 125 gr. point .I think they are about 400 gr. I don't like a lot of arrow out past my hand . 500 would have to be longer and have heave points and inserts .
Posts: 389 | From: Petersburg N.Y. | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the rifleman
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 31319

I got full length cx predator iis in 800 spine with 100 grains up front to tune beautifully with my Pika. These are for 3d. Beman mfx 600s w 200 up front tune well for hunting. Thanks for the info!

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©