3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

John Deitterick

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Silvertip Doubles Down........ (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Silvertip Doubles Down........
Chad Orde
SPONSOR
Member # 21806

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chad Orde   Author's Homepage   Email Chad Orde   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds good Sam thanks for the story!

--------------------
-------------------------------------
Chad Orde
Drifter Traditional Archery
www.DrifterTraditionalArchery.com
Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavor. Truman Capote

Posts: 797 | From: Northern Michigan | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SAM E. STEPHENS
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 23228

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SAM E. STEPHENS   Email SAM E. STEPHENS   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
 -
 -

--------------------
HUNT OLD SCHOOL

Posts: 2661 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SAM E. STEPHENS
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 23228

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SAM E. STEPHENS   Email SAM E. STEPHENS   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
 -
 -

--------------------
HUNT OLD SCHOOL

Posts: 2661 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SAM E. STEPHENS
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 23228

So I still have one buck tag and a month and a half to use it but I figure why not start early in the morning. So I get on my bike and head for the cabin in the woods on my in-laws place with thoughts of the one that got away. All my friends know the buck I'm after cause I have talked about him for a few weeks now and he is the same one the doe snorted from the missed hog arrow. He is a cool looking 8pt frame with splits on both G3s and I've had him under 20yds twice in the last week's and not got a shot. With a good sleep in the cabin I was up well before light and me and the Silvertip were out the door with high hopes. On the walk to the stand I could hear deer running around in the leaves. The sun rose to another overcast cool morning. But I figure how lucky could a guy be surely this will be another deer watching sit. As I sit and look at the beautiful Silvertip hanging in front of me and thinking about my hunt yesterday. A few deer are off in the distance as shooting light comes in so I do some grunts and a few snort-wheeze calls. And I get a instant response from off to my left but never see him. And as the story goes I hear some deer moving my way at a fast pace so I stand up and get the bow ready. A doe pops out with a buck not far behind and as they pass me I'm at full draw and stop him with a voice grunt. He slams on the brakes and I let go the same TreeShark and it now has killed its fifth animal can't wait to see what kind of luck the other 5 have I them cause Paul gave me 6. This one still looks good as new so it ain't done yet , I still have 2 doe tags also. Well the shot was good and they tend not to go far with a Shark hole in the chest. He is a really neat buck and like I tend to say he is no monster but I'm proud to have him. And he is the buck I wanted with the forked G3s , they are both cool bucks for central Texas. And to shoot them with a very cool bow borrowed from a good friend made it even better. I always say I like to shoot and if I see a critter I want to shoot then I shoot it big or small so I'm a happy hunter. So now out of buck tags I'm going to fill my doe tags and hunt some hogs now and prob some exotics and ducks might do some predator calling oh and the crappie should start bitting soon. And I just got invited on a south Tx Javelina hunt for next month. So no need to feel sorry for me , but dang I wish I had another buck tag.....

A big thanks to my friend and fellow tradganger Paul for the broadheads and letting me borrow the Silvertip it has been several years since I have taken a buck with a longbow.....

,,,,Sam,,,,

--------------------
HUNT OLD SCHOOL

SAM E. STEPHENS
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 23228

-
 -
 -
 -

--------------------
HUNT OLD SCHOOL

hitmantoto
Contributor 2016
Member # 37176

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hitmantoto   Email hitmantoto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats Sam !

What is your bow set up ?

Posts: 274 | From: France | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pdk25
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 12864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pdk25   Email pdk25   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great job!
Posts: 5593 | From: Ada, Oklahoma | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SAM E. STEPHENS
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 23228

The bow is a 64in 59#@29 (I draw 30 ) Silvertip longbow..

Great Northern strap-on quiver with a custom hood given to me by a friend...

GoldTip 75/95 , 710gr , Simmons TreeSharks...

And I was wearing the newest camo I had.....

,,,Sam,,,

--------------------
HUNT OLD SCHOOL

Roy from Pa
Contributor 2017
Member # 10602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roy from Pa   Email Roy from Pa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very nice, Sam.
Posts: 11375 | From: PA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Danny Rowan
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 1321

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Danny Rowan   Email Danny Rowan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great shooting as usual Sam. Say, that bow looks very familiar. My late twin owned one just like it with the same specs. and I put it up on the TG St Judes auction the year he died. Can you ask your friend if that is where he got it. Just want to know as it is fitting that it is doing what it is supposed to do and my late twin would be proud.

--------------------
"When shooting instinctivly,it matters not which eye is dominant"

Jay Kidwell and Glenn St. Charles

TGMM Family Of The Bow
NRA Life/Patron member
NAHC life member
Retired CPO US Navy 1972-1993
Retired USCBP Supervisory Officer 1999-2017

Posts: 7914 | From: Guam | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rjackson
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 14066

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rjackson   Email rjackson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Both are cool looking bucks!!!

Congrats
Randy

Posts: 581 | From: alabama | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ron w
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 14741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ron w   Author's Homepage   Email ron w   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice deer.......cool bike.......good job!!!!!

--------------------
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner. Shunryu Suzuki

Posts: 15861 | From: tribes hill , new york | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SAM E. STEPHENS
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 23228

Yes sir Danny the bow was bought off the St. Jude’s auction here on tradgang. The bow is just a pleasure to shoot , I would bet your brother was helping me along on my hunts.....

,,,Sam,,,,

--------------------
HUNT OLD SCHOOL

Car54
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 27028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Car54   Email Car54   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Sam..
Very nice kills & story! And pics too.
That's a fine looking bow & motor scooter also.
Thanks again.

Posts: 689 | From: TX | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PBNJ
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PBNJ   Email PBNJ   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats Sam! What a cool story and an even better full circle adventure for that bow coming fron Danny Rowan and and the St Jude auction! Wow... it kinda gives you the goosebumps in a good way. Nicely done.
Posts: 475 | From: nj | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©