3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

John Deitterick

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Silvertip Doubles Down........ (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Silvertip Doubles Down........
Danny Rowan
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 1321

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Danny Rowan   Email Danny Rowan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Outstanding Sam. I am so happy the bow is being put to good use. I was torn when I put the bow up on the auction but he was such a great supporter of the auction and he loved helping the kids so I knew it had to go on the auction rather than just sit on my rack and be admired as a memory.

--------------------
"When shooting instinctivly,it matters not which eye is dominant"

Jay Kidwell and Glenn St. Charles

TGMM Family Of The Bow
NRA Life/Patron member
NAHC life member
Retired CPO US Navy 1972-1993
Retired USCBP Supervisory Officer 1999-2017

Posts: 7914 | From: Guam | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cyclic-Rivers
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 21222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cyclic-Rivers   Email Cyclic-Rivers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats Sam and awesome to get back story on the bow. Good luck with your other hunts.

--------------------
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Mohawk Hudson Traditional Archers
NY Bowhunters

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Posts: 17172 | From: Central Wisconsin | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Danny Rowan
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 1321

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Danny Rowan   Email Danny Rowan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sam, to be honest tears were running down my face when I saw that bow. I truly believe Don aka "NAKOHE" was on that hunt with you. Thank you.

--------------------

TGMM Family Of The Bow
NRA Life/Patron member
NAHC life member

Posts: 7914 | From: Guam | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bucknut
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 40674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bucknut   Email bucknut   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Helluva Season Sam! Congrats!
Posts: 581 | From: S. E. Ohio | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A.S.
SPONSOR
Member # 9316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for A.S.   Email A.S.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great bucks Sam....and using a great bow! I know Don would be proud. [clapper]

--------------------
http://www.tenringstrings.com

custom flemish twist bowstrings

Posts: 4228 | From: Ruckersville, Va | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomadstalker
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 37752

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nomadstalker   Email Nomadstalker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
beautiful buck...congrats
Posts: 184 | From: nc | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kopper1013
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 41502

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kopper1013   Email Kopper1013   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations on two beautiful bucks! Great shooting as well, I envy you guys that can just pick up a completely different bow and get it shooting so quickly, seems it always takes me some serious time to switch from my BW recurve to my Hill style straight grip longbow.

--------------------
Primitive archery gives yourself the maximum challenge while giving the animal the maximum chance to escape- G. Fred Asbell

Posts: 1174 | From: New York | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joe ashton
Contributor 2013
Member # 11463

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joe ashton   Email joe ashton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
outstanding Sam.

--------------------
Joe Ashton,D.C.
pronghorn long bow 54#
black widow long bow 55#
21 century long bow 55#
big horn recurve 58#

Posts: 4226 | From: colorado | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
drewsbow
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 3040

Icon 1 posted      Profile for drewsbow   Email drewsbow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
congrats Sam

--------------------
Try to be the person your dog thinks you are :0)
TGMM Family of the Bow
N.Y. Bowhunters member
BigJim 3 pc buffalo 48@28
BigJim thunderchild 55@31
BigJim thunderchild 55@32 Jim's bow

Posts: 6227 | From: Dansville N.Y. | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chad Orde
SPONSOR
Member # 21806

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chad Orde   Author's Homepage   Email Chad Orde   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sweet TIP and that deer had some character Sam!

--------------------
-------------------------------------
Chad Orde
Drifter Traditional Archery
www.DrifterTraditionalArchery.com
Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavor. Truman Capote

Posts: 797 | From: Northern Michigan | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stujay
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 23799

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stujay   Email stujay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice bow and two great bucks. That's some game rich Texas country you live in...thanks for the great story and pics to go along with it. [thumbsup]
Posts: 2414 | From: Northern Idaho | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stagetek
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 12185

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stagetek   Email stagetek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great story. Very nice bucks. Congrats on the season.
Posts: 1428 | From: Pewaukee, WI. | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tom
2017 Contributor
Member # 2405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tom   Email Tom   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great pair of bucks-cool that you use a bike to get out there.

--------------------
If you think you can or think you can't-you're right.

Posts: 3096 | From: Grottoes,Virginia, Shenandoah Valley | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TIM B
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 34411

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TIM B   Email TIM B   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sam I noticed you were wearing the camera....any chance that hunt will become a klm woodsman video?? Been watching for them!!
Tim B

Posts: 634 | From: MO | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Danny Rowan
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 1321

That is the bow that I sent to Solona Ranch that year and was used in a memorial ceremony conducted by Terry while the Trad Gang hunt was going on. I will be forever grateful for that. I know Bubba is smiling down from heaven seeing that bow used to kill some game.

--------------------

TGMM Family Of The Bow
NRA Life/Patron member
NAHC life member

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©