3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

John Deitterick

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Silvertip Doubles Down........ (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Silvertip Doubles Down........
snakebit40
Contributor 2015
Member # 25584

Icon 1 posted      Profile for snakebit40   Email snakebit40   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's an awesome story. Thanks for sharing Sam!!!

--------------------
Jon Richards

Isaiah 6:8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”.
>>>>------------>
Schafer Silvertip 54@28
Toelke Pika 54@28

Posts: 1913 | From: Colby, Kansas | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Horne Shooter
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 7907

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Horne Shooter   Email Horne Shooter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just to round this up. I bought the bow on the St. Jude auction and I knew the back story. It's just a beautiful thing but I've never used it much. I take it out and look at it and occasionally shoot it. When Sam was here at my ranch with South Cox and Jason (who works with South), I brought it out to show everyone. We had a great trip and killed a few deer but I could tell that Sam was really intrigued with the bow. He's such a great help at our place when he comes and I've never met a better guy. As he said earlier, we just met this year at a Trad shoot and have become fast friends. I'm so glad he took the bow out to do what it was designed to do. Sam is one of those guys that shoots really good at targets but seems to shoot even better when it's a live animal. That's a great thing to have going for you...to put it simply, Sam is deadly with a Tradbow in hand. Anyway, just to finish up I really appreciate my new friend and I'm so glad to bring more good memories from a very special bow.

--------------------
Live every day like its your last, one day you'll be right.

Posts: 563 | From: Boerne, Texas | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Horne Shooter
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 7907

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Horne Shooter   Email Horne Shooter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just to round this up. I bought the bow on the St. Jude auction and I knew the back story. It's just a beautiful thing but I've never used it much. I take it out and look at it and occasionally shoot it. When Sam was here at my ranch with South Cox and Jason (who works with South), I brought it out to show everyone. We had a great trip and killed a few deer but I could tell that Sam was really intrigued with the bow. He's such a great help at our place when he comes and I've never met a better guy. As he said earlier, we just met this year at a Trad shoot and have become fast friends. I'm so glad he took the bow out to do what it was designed to do. Sam is one of those guys that shoots really good at targets but seems to shoot even better when it's a live animal. That's a great thing to have going for you...to put it simply, Sam is deadly with a Tradbow in hand. Anyway, just to finish up I really appreciate my new friend and I'm so glad to bring more good memories from a very special bow.

--------------------
Live every day like its your last, one day you'll be right.

Posts: 563 | From: Boerne, Texas | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
23feetupandhappy
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 18774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 23feetupandhappy   Email 23feetupandhappy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a cool story and hunt, well done Sam!!!!

[campfire]

--------------------
The Lord Is My Provider......

Posts: 1471 | From: Eastern Iowa | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wile E. Coyote
2017 Contributor
Member # 745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wile E. Coyote   Email Wile E. Coyote   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome Buck, Bow and Story! Congrats!

--------------------
Wayne LaBauve

"Learn to wish that everything should come to pass exactly as it does."

Posts: 657 | From: Pearl River LA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Warden609
Contributor 2017
Member # 9279

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Warden609   Author's Homepage   Email Warden609   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Best story I have read in awhile. Congrats to all!!
Posts: 2649 | From: Kentucky | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KyRidgeRunner
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 37301

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KyRidgeRunner   Email KyRidgeRunner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow!! 2 very impressive hunts! I like your wheels as well.
Posts: 439 | From: ky | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SAM E. STEPHENS
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 23228

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SAM E. STEPHENS   Email SAM E. STEPHENS   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks guys.....

I have been filming for the YouTube deal and need to get a vid out...

Paul it is always a pleasure you and your wife are top notch..

Danny rest assured that bow was bought by the right person as I just said above Paul is as good as they come. Before I return it I will try for a doe or hog with it. Now that I know the back story on the bow it make my bucks much more to me..

I am loving my bike ( KLR650 ) they called adventure bikes and that they are. I have always loved to ride and it’s treating me well....

,,,,Sam,,,

--------------------
HUNT OLD SCHOOL

Posts: 2661 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cacciatore
Contributor 2017
Member # 17855

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cacciatore   Email cacciatore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sam, good bike of choice, I had a couple of KTM for riding the hills. Doesn’t matter what bow you are shooting but you are always successful. I am glad that Danny ‘s twin bow is in the good hands. God Bless all the people involved in this story.

--------------------
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Posts: 9141 | From: Italy/Colorado | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Donald Blair
Member # 40578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donald Blair   Email Donald Blair   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fine shooting Sam, I’ve taught you well
Posts: 13 | From: Texas | Registered: Dec 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NormanDale33
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 35078

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NormanDale33   Email NormanDale33   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool story, awesome bow, and Sam I think you could kill a bear with a sling shot. Thanks for sharing

--------------------
Show me your ways, LORD,teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me,for you are God my Savior,and my hope is in you all day long.

Psalms 25:4-5

Posts: 390 | From: Kansas | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Turner
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 2264

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Turner   Email Bill Turner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great story especially the part about Danny's brother Don. As Danny said, his brother loved the St. Jude auction and worked hard to make it a success each year. It was a sad day when Don passed away. Thanks for sharing your success, Sam. [thumbsup]
Posts: 4036 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great buck....Greater bow story!!!

Congrats to all that are connected !!!

--------------------
"An anchor point is not a destination, it's an evolution to execution" - Me

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Black Powder Gang ......... & www.loopaddictions.com

Posts: 31097 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KAZ
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 23991

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KAZ   Email KAZ   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Incredible Sam! I actually about missed this... Those are some wonderful bucks, great character, and you're having quite the Adventure!

Well done [clapper]

I need to load up my BMW S1000RR and come visit [saywhat] [goldtooth]

Posts: 919 | From: Iowa | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SAM E. STEPHENS
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 23228

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SAM E. STEPHENS   Email SAM E. STEPHENS   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not sure about the bear with a sling shot deal , but I did just buy a pretty sweet Blowgun the other day.....

KAZ pack that bike down and come for a visit we always have something to hunt here in Texas..

And again the back story on the Silvertip made this season for me.....

,,,Sam,,,

--------------------
HUNT OLD SCHOOL

Posts: 2661 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©