3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

John Deitterick

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » A question about spending the whole day on a treestand (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: A question about spending the whole day on a treestand
kevsuperg
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 18246

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kevsuperg   Email kevsuperg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Back to to wind and wizz away.

--------------------
USAF Medic 1982-1992
BHA, RMEF

Posts: 929 | From: Spirit lake, Idaho | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Arnette
Contributor 2017
Member # 18012

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Arnette   Email Michael Arnette   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Nocking Point:
Large Gatoraid bottle
Terry

I could have so much fun with this one but I won't lol ...yes Gatorade bottles are perfect and they are quiet as plastic bottles go
Posts: 2584 | From: Tulsa, Oklahoma | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bucknut
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 40674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bucknut   Email bucknut   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always have let it rip! I have seen no adverse reactions either. Ask Barry Wensel what he does? He's killed more big bucks than probably anyone on here.
Posts: 584 | From: S. E. Ohio | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ISP 5353
Contributor 2015
Member # 5160

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ISP 5353   Email ISP 5353   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Check the wind and pee off the stand! Don't forget to check the wind........
Posts: 1472 | From: Indiana | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mint
2017 Contributor
Member # 5900

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mint   Email Mint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pee off the stand.

I can do all day sits in a blind but can't do it from a stand. However I can sit to around 11:00am and then walk to a new stand and hunt from 11:45am to dark. Just getting down for about 45 minutes makes the difference for me so that's what I do during the rut.

--------------------
The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.

Samuel Adams

NYB Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1600 | From: Long Island, NY | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ozy clint
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 15776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ozy clint   Email ozy clint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what about number 2's?

--------------------
Thick fog slowly lifts
Jagged peaks and hairy beast
Food for soul and body.

Border black douglas recurve 70# and 58# HEX6 BB2 limbs

Posts: 2365 | From: in the hills south of Stanthorpe, Qld, Australia | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
indianalongbowshooter
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 2600

Icon 1 posted      Profile for indianalongbowshooter   Email indianalongbowshooter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
just pee on the ground they pay very little if any attention to it, did have a group of 3 bucks come under my tree about 10 yrs ago and one was licking it off the leaves..used to be paranoid about peeing out of tree but see just as many deer doing it so quit worrying about it.

--------------------
dean/indianalongbowshooter

Posts: 2983 | From: rockville,indiana | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ChuckC
Contributor 2013
Member # 1813

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChuckC   Email ChuckC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't totally think pee is pee, since animals use it to mark territory and also to determine the estrus state of a doe, etc. There are extras in the pee that tell who you are and your status. My dog is very interested in keeping track of my pee.

But.... I also don't think that in most cases it is a huge issue. There are scents all over the woods. New ones, old ones. The smell of pee means something WAS there but likely is not any longer.

I do as I feel at the moment.

Posts: 7323 | From: Deforest, Wisconsin | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trenton G.
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 45397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Trenton G.   Email Trenton G.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know if they care or not. My dad swears he had a small buck lip-curl one time. I told him he may want to start carrying a handgun or something when not in a tree... lol
Posts: 476 | From: Boyne City, Michigan | Registered: Oct 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ken Taylor
Contributor 2017
Member # 12993

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ken Taylor   Email Ken Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In my younger years I used to pee in a plastic bottle that I brought along for that purpose.

Then on one particularly cold all day Canadian white tail hunt I filled my bottle and had no choice but to pee off the stand.

Not long after I watched deer I didn't want to shoot or couldn't shoot pass right by a few times on either side and completely ignore it.

From that day on I never used a pee bottle to hunt moose, caribou, or bears from a ground blind nor deer from a tree stand.

My personal conclusion is that it makes absolutely no difference at all.

--------------------
May your next adventure lighten your heart, test your spirit, and nourish your soul.

Posts: 747 | From: Waskaganish, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stykbowslim
2017 Contributor
Member # 664

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stykbowslim   Email Stykbowslim   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I pee in scrapes and from the stand. Two weeks ago I made a mock scrape under a perfect overhanging branch about 12 yards from my stand. I "freshen" the scrape up whenever I get out of the stand and I have to empty the bladder. So far while on stand, I saw three bucks stop and smell the scrape, and I have a two more bucks on the trail cam that stopped at the scrape during nighttime.

--------------------
"Keep your nose in the wind and your eye along the skyline."

Posts: 1114 | From: Southern New Jersey | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BRONZ
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 14477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BRONZ   Author's Homepage   Email BRONZ   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Off the stand.

Praise God for ability to do that standing up! Amen!?

--------------------
"He trains my hands for battle; my arms can bend a bow of bronze."
2 Samuel 22:35

Wheatland Christian Bowhunters--Chairman

Posts: 1293 | From: Butler Co. Kansas | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wood carver 2
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 34649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wood carver 2   Email wood carver 2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ozy clint:
what about number 2's?

Do that near your buddy's stand. [Wink]
Dave.

--------------------
" Vegetarian" a Native American term for bad hunter.

Posts: 1656 | From: Cambridge, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jasper2
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 23011

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jasper2   Email Jasper2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to pee in scrapes but I got tired of changing pants after letting it run down my legs first.....When in Rome, do as the Romans do! [laughing]

--------------------
Take care,
Jason

56" Centaur Chimera 50#@27"

Posts: 298 | From: Indiana | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crittergetter
SPONSOR
Member # 40336

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crittergetter   Email Crittergetter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jasper2:
I used to pee in scrapes but I got tired of changing pants after letting it run down my legs first.....When in Rome, do as the Romans do! [laughing]

Hahahahahahahahahaha!!!

--------------------
www.primaltechbows.com
An elitist mentality creates discord, even among the elite!
"I went jackalope hunting but all I saw was does!"
Luck is when preparedness meets opportunity, I just need more opportunities!

Posts: 2036 | From: East Texas | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©