3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

John Deitterick

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » The "Moose Antler buck" & the good, bad & then the ugly..." (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: The "Moose Antler buck" & the good, bad & then the ugly..."
Tater
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 6195

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tater   Email Tater   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations that's a very unique rack, too bad about the meat but it happens.

--------------------
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Charter/Life Member
PBS Associate
Big Thompson Bowhunters
United Bowhunters of Illinois
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 3341 | From: Southern Illinois | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wingnut
SPONSOR - Charter Member
Member # 12

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wingnut   Author's Homepage   Email wingnut   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is amazing how our mind works after the shot. I can't count the number of times I saw or felt a perfect shot and tried to talk myself out of it while waiting 30 minutes.

A good lesson though is to always follow up on the shot no matter what.

Mike

--------------------
www.dryadbows.com
www.dryadbows.com/helleknives/index.htm

http://www.facebook.com/dryadbows?ref=ts
TRADGANG Sponsor since day 1

Posts: 9359 | From: weatherford, texas | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gator1
Contributor 2017
Member # 11196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gator1   Email Gator1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keefer well told story. You just never know.
Posts: 4816 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Possum Head
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 23948

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Possum Head   Email Possum Head   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wonderful account! Congrats he's a hoss
Posts: 2118 | From: Hurley, Mississippi | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ron w
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 14741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ron w   Author's Homepage   Email ron w   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Holy cow....... [scared] what a slammer.

--------------------
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner. Shunryu Suzuki

Posts: 15870 | From: tribes hill , new york | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hybridbow hunter
Contributor 2015
Member # 22270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hybridbow hunter   Email hybridbow hunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wonderfull trophy wow !

--------------------
La critique est aisée mais l'art est difficile.

Posts: 546 | From: France | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Herdbull
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 4488

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Herdbull   Email Herdbull   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keefer, Well done! I'm glad the chair worked for you and helped facilitate your shot. We often learn from the successful hunters who take game where everything goes as planned. We simply learn their plan. I have always taken the notion that we gain much more by learning from our mistakes, and find reward in our failures. God's Wink has helped you connect that huge buck to all of us. It also made you tell a story that may have been hard to tell. Thank you and God bless you. Mike
Posts: 1643 | From: Illinois | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SAM E. STEPHENS
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 23228

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SAM E. STEPHENS   Email SAM E. STEPHENS   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have never met the perfect hunter and I'm sure I never will ( myself included ) we do our best..

Glad you found him , outstanding deer...

,,,Sam,,,

--------------------
HUNT OLD SCHOOL

Posts: 2661 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wooddamon1
Contributor 2016
Member # 26099

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wooddamon1   Email wooddamon1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[thumbsup]

--------------------
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind..."-Fred Bear

Posts: 4761 | From: Muskegon, Michigan | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gen273
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 24602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gen273   Email Gen273   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome Buck, Congrats Keefer!!! Thanks for taking us along on the hunt through your story!

--------------------
Jesus Saves (ROM 10:13)

Posts: 3912 | From: KY | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scrub-buster
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 19472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scrub-buster   Email scrub-buster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a very unique looking buck. Too bad about the meat loss. Since the cape is questionable, I would suggest a skull mount. In my opinion they look better than a shoulder mount, take up less space on the wall, and are much cheaper. I skull mount all of my bucks.

--------------------
AKA Osage Outlaw

Posts: 1311 | From: Indiana | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
texbow2
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 10733

Icon 1 posted      Profile for texbow2   Email texbow2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great story and lesson told here. Not sure it would have helped but I started using lighted nocks this year and on the all 3 of the deer I've shot it has made it much easier to see the hit for me. I'm on the fabulous side of 50 now and my eyes are what they once were.
Posts: 188 | From: georgetown, texas | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orion
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 2759

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Orion   Email Orion   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Monster buck. Congrats and thanks for the story. The entry wound you picture/describe looks a lot like a liver hit, which often doesn't bleed at all or much initially. But if not pushed, the deer will usually bed and die within 100 yards.
Posts: 8623 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[clapper] [jumper] [clapper] [jumper] [clapper]

--------------------
"An anchor point is not a destination, it's an evolution to execution" - Me

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Black Powder Gang ......... & www.loopaddictions.com

Posts: 31113 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mint
2017 Contributor
Member # 5900

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mint   Email Mint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for posting your story.
Same thing happened to me but on a doe. I just happened to find her a week later when I saw some crows. Worst feeling ever while hunting. Now I will keep looking until I've done everything I can.

--------------------
The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.

Samuel Adams

NYB Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1599 | From: Long Island, NY | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©