3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

John Deitterick

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Arrow “holder” (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Arrow “holder”
KSdan
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 2687

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KSdan   Email KSdan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup. True Sta-jac or Kwik lock for me. Currently have both

Dan in KS

--------------------
If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat? ~anon

Bears can attack people- although fewer people have been killed by bears than in all WWI and WWII combined.

Posts: 2812 | From: Kansas | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
reddogge
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17294

Icon 1 posted      Profile for reddogge   Author's Homepage   Email reddogge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kwik Lok has never failed me.

--------------------
PBS Reg member 1973
Maryland Bowhunters Society
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Heart of Maryland Bowhunters
NRA

Posts: 5010 | From: Finksburg, MD | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
warden415
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 2240

Icon 1 posted      Profile for warden415   Email warden415   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use a Grayling GOP 130
I like it better than any I have tried. Fail safe and simple.
They also make a GOP 135 which I don't really care for.
I shoot the really skinny old Beman shafts and this GOP 130 holds the small diameter shafts with no problem. I have used the Kwik Lock also but don't like it as well as the Grayling.
KSDan , it also stays pliable in cold weather

Posts: 1149 | From: West Virginia | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
warden415
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 2240

Icon 1 posted      Profile for warden415   Email warden415   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One other thing, sometimes that holder or any other, just doesn't quite sit at the right angle for your bow or you have some of the base plate of the holder that hangs over the edge of your backside of the shelf. I simple trim the baseplate to fit exact and I will use industrial Velcro to attach it. I stick the "male" side on my bow and the female side on the baseplate of the holder . That way I can readjust to get it at the perfect angle so it holds well but releases exactly when I want.
I can also use that holder on multiple bows if need be by simply adding a new piece of male Velcro to the new bow

Posts: 1149 | From: West Virginia | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jack Whitmire Jr
2017 Contributor
Member # 13714

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jack Whitmire Jr   Email Jack Whitmire Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Item Number: 7724 from 3 rivers archery looks promising , anyone use one ?

--------------------
Tolerance is a virtue of a man without any Morals- unknown author

Posts: 1140 | From: Scott Depot, WV | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roy from Pa
Contributor 2017
Member # 10602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roy from Pa   Email Roy from Pa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cosnipe, that is a great setup.
Posts: 11380 | From: PA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CoSnipe
Member # 45366

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoSnipe   Email CoSnipe   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you. I like it, its simple and i can use it on either bow i use. Plus its not permanent.
Posts: 2 | From: Colorado | Registered: Sep 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ranger 3
Contributor 2014
Member # 3123

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ranger 3   Email ranger 3   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What warden said I have saying this for a long time,you only need ont.

--------------------
Black widow PLX 48@28
Black widow PSRX 48@28

Posts: 3215 | From: il | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KSdan
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 2687

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KSdan   Email KSdan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by warden415:
[QB] I use a Grayling GOP 130
I like it better than any I have tried. Fail safe and simple.
They also make a GOP 135 which I don't really care for.
/QB]

The 135 is the one that got too hard in bitter cold. It "froze" onto my arrow- would not allow it to "release." Had to pry it off- all while the PY beast was standing there. The ONE thing I add to a trad bow aftermarket and it fails!! Arghh

Dan in KS

--------------------
If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat? ~anon

Bears can attack people- although fewer people have been killed by bears than in all WWI and WWII combined.

Posts: 2812 | From: Kansas | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©