3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

John Deitterick

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Hawaii Goat Hunt first bow kill video (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Hawaii Goat Hunt first bow kill video
Msturm
Contributor 2016
Member # 41701

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Msturm   Email Msturm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Several months ago my buddy curt calls me up and asks me for advice on buying a compound bow. I have not shot one in years, and when I did I was never any good at it. So my advice was not very helpful.

I Sent him a link to a fleabay auction to a 1968 bear cub recurve in 40 lbs was up for 60 bucks.

After lots of discussion, AND LOTS assurance from me that stress cracks in the glass around the riser are fixable he made the purchase...

I have restored 3 of these old cubs and I love them. He came over and we got to sanding the old finish off and filling cracks with CA and adding new shelf material and I showed him how to make a string. After 3 tries he had a string just right for his bow. We added some mongoose fur silencers and got it to about an 8 in brace and it was time to get shootin....

-

Thanks to BowDoc's posts for all the tips and getting me started on restorations!

--------------------
Stalker Coyote FXT Long bow 49#

Keep yer stick on the ice.

Posts: 585 | From: Hawaii | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Msturm
Contributor 2016
Member # 41701

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Msturm   Email Msturm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We shot daily from 5 to 30 yards. We played with spine using my arrows, and as his draw settled in we ordered him a set of his own.

we went hiking often, He accompanied me on many successful trad bow hunts.

Once he felt comfortable in the steep terrain and comfortable shooting a bow it was his turn!

Curt and I hit the mountain at about 3 pm as we approached a section of the mountain I refer to a "lion king rock" I pointed out some goats on a terrace. I asked him if he thought he could get down there and he replied "hell yeah!" The rest is on video.

He did not know I was filming or narrating the adventure, but CONGRATS to him on his first bow kill. And congrats on getting it done the hard way, on the ground, spot and stalk in some difficult terrain.

Here is the video for you all to enjoy.

Click the link to view
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYAktbvaiIQ&t=

Msturm

--------------------
Stalker Coyote FXT Long bow 49#

Keep yer stick on the ice.

Posts: 585 | From: Hawaii | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joeabowhunter
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 35320

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joeabowhunter   Email Joeabowhunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cool video!
Posts: 1376 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fattony77
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 37643

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fattony77   Email Fattony77   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[clapper] [clapper] [clapper]
Posts: 1320 | From: Muskogee, OK | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
8upbowhunter
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 43096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 8upbowhunter   Email 8upbowhunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great video, congrats to your friend.

--------------------
8upbowhunter
>>>————>

Posts: 178 | From: South Louisiana | Registered: Feb 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ron w
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 14741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ron w   Author's Homepage   Email ron w   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Neat.....amazing terrain........ [thumbsup]

--------------------
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner. Shunryu Suzuki

Posts: 15861 | From: tribes hill , new york | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CRM_95
Contributor 2017
Member # 38163

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CRM_95   Email CRM_95   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great video!! Congrats to your buddy and thanks for sharing.
Posts: 668 | From: East TX | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bisch
Contributor 2017
Member # 17432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bisch   Email Bisch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome!

Congrats,

Bisch

--------------------
Traditional Bowhunters of Texas Life Member
Lone Star Bowhunters Assn Life Member
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 11831 | From: Sonora, Texas | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crittergetter
SPONSOR
Member # 40336

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crittergetter   Email Crittergetter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great video !! Congratulations !

--------------------
www.primaltechbows.com
An elitist mentality creates discord, even among the elite!
"I went jackalope hunting but all I saw was does!"
Luck is when preparedness meets opportunity, I just need more opportunities!

Posts: 2033 | From: East Texas | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orion
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 2759

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Orion   Email Orion   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well done. [thumbsup] [thumbsup]
Posts: 8620 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Longbowcrowder66
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 40726

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Longbowcrowder66   Email Longbowcrowder66   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool Video!! Congratulations! Hooked for sure now! Welcome to the brotherhood....lol

--------------------
Floyd Crowder

Posts: 160 | From: Virginia | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cyclic-Rivers
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 21222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cyclic-Rivers   Email Cyclic-Rivers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great Video. Congrats to both of you. That country is spectacular Mike.

--------------------
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Mohawk Hudson Traditional Archers
NY Bowhunters

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Posts: 17172 | From: Central Wisconsin | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
South MS Bowhunter
Contributor 2010
Member # 16239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for South MS Bowhunter   Email South MS Bowhunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great video and hunt!

--------------------
Everything I have and have become is due to the Lord and his great mercy.

Posts: 4015 | From: Mississippi | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Possum Head
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 23948

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Possum Head   Email Possum Head   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for sharing. Excellent stalk on tough terrain. Great job on both your parts. I guess you had as much fun as he did. I would have been a bundle of nerves.What distance was he from you? Also, are the seasons on goats lengthy and what are the bag limits. Lots of questions but Trad Gang dont get a lot of this kind of action and I find it highly entertaining!
Posts: 2118 | From: Hurley, Mississippi | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T.P.
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 19454

Icon 1 posted      Profile for T.P.   Email T.P.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great video and hunt. Congratulations to both.
Posts: 70 | From: Iowa | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©