3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

John Deitterick

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Hawaii Goat Hunt first bow kill video (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Hawaii Goat Hunt first bow kill video
joe ashton
Contributor 2013
Member # 11463

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joe ashton   Email joe ashton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Outstanding video.

--------------------
Joe Ashton,D.C.
pronghorn long bow 54#
black widow long bow 55#
21 century long bow 55#
big horn recurve 58#

Posts: 4226 | From: colorado | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Msturm
Contributor 2016
Member # 41701

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Msturm   Email Msturm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Possum: in some areas you can hunt goats all year around. Some areas have closed seasons for a couple months during bird season. The hard part is getting to them and getting a shot off in an area where they are recoverable. There have been many times I have had to come back with climbing harnesses and repel down to get a goat that fell into a sketchy spot.

He was about 380-400 yards away from me, thus the grainy footage with my point and shoot camera. In this spot you can kill 4 goats a day every day during season.

--------------------
Stalker Coyote FXT Long bow 49#

Keep yer stick on the ice.

Posts: 585 | From: Hawaii | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Friend
2017 Contributor
Member # 15967

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Friend   Email Friend   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excellent...thank you for sharing

--------------------
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Posts: 6605 | From: Hanson, KY | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This category of hunt is one of the many reasons were making all the effort we can to save Tradgang "as is" because these types of hunts whether the story is told or shown on video shows just how successful you can be with a Trad bow....

Congrats to you both !!!

--------------------
"An anchor point is not a destination, it's an evolution to execution" - Me

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Black Powder Gang ......... & www.loopaddictions.com

Posts: 31113 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Herdbull
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 4488

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Herdbull   Email Herdbull   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well done to all. Mike
Posts: 1643 | From: Illinois | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Car54
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 27028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Car54   Email Car54   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a excellent video! Had me sweating all the way. Thanks very much.
Posts: 689 | From: TX | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryan K Sanpei
SPONSOR
Member # 16091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryan K Sanpei   Email Ryan K Sanpei   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well done Mike! Glad you're sharing this video! [shaka]
Posts: 3053 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Msturm
Contributor 2016
Member # 41701

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Msturm   Email Msturm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ryan, Yeah I thought I wouldn't and I held out for a long time because I didn't want to hype the spot, but I figured with possibility of eradication looming I might as well.

Msturm

--------------------

Posts: 585 | From: Hawaii | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John146
SPONSOR
Member # 26049

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John146   Email John146   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was off the charts!!! [clapper] [clapper]

--------------------
Todd Trahan
All of Creation Gives God Glory!

Posts: 1119 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Msturm
Contributor 2016
Member # 41701

Thanks everyone! I am glad people are enjoying it. It was a great hunt and I am happy I could get it on video for him. It showcases the terrain well and it is cool for me to see the interaction and feel the suspense. I am super proud of him for holding it together during that 5 minute stare down with the black goat!! My heart was pumping that entire time. I must have watched it a 100 times now and I still get excited when I see the other goats coming down! Seeing his reaction and the sense of excitement and remorse (that we have all felt) was pretty intense as well. I am happy to have been a part of it.

Msturm

--------------------

wingnut
SPONSOR - Charter Member
Member # 12

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wingnut   Author's Homepage   Email wingnut   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is the way I enjoy watching hunting action. Little editing and no background music. Good job!!

Mike

--------------------
www.dryadbows.com
www.dryadbows.com/helleknives/index.htm

http://www.facebook.com/dryadbows?ref=ts
TRADGANG Sponsor since day 1

Posts: 9359 | From: weatherford, texas | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rastaman
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13385

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rastaman   Email rastaman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome! Thanks for sharing!

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

[archer]

Randy Keene

Posts: 7155 | From: georgia | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lt-m-grow
Contributor 2015
Member # 3873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lt-m-grow   Email lt-m-grow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Geez I got excited. Well done and thanks for sharing.

Nothing like like a big broad smile after your first kill ;-)

Posts: 1217 | From: Mount Horeb, WI | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PrestonTaylor
Member # 46272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PrestonTaylor   Email PrestonTaylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fun video Mike, thanks for sharing it!
Posts: 15 | From: Northern California | Registered: May 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©