3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

John Deitterick

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » When things don't work out as planned: The story of a recovery (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: When things don't work out as planned: The story of a recovery
kennym
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 2304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kennym   Author's Homepage   Email kennym   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Way to stick with it Michael. Glad you got him!

--------------------
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Posts: 12068 | From: Linneus , Mo. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flingblade
2017 Contributor
Member # 21996

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Flingblade   Email Flingblade   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great story Michael and a fantastic public land buck!! Hats off to you sir for your persistence in a tough situation! Thanks for taking the time to share! I'll be thinking of this story next time I find myself on a tough blood trail.
Posts: 736 | From: Grand Haven, Michigan | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stumpkiller
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 976

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stumpkiller   Email Stumpkiller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not the way I'd like to do it, either, but Kudos for sticking to it.

Congratulations. [archer]

--------------------
Charlie P. }}===]> A.B.C.C.

Bear Kodiak & K. Hunter, D. Palmer Hunter, Ben Pearson Hunter, Wing Presentation II & 4 Red Wing Hunters (LH & 3 RH), Browning Explorer, Cobra II & Wasp, Martin/Howatt Dream Catcher, Root Warrior, Shakespeare Necedah.

Posts: 4057 | From: Upstate NY | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KAZ
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 23991

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KAZ   Email KAZ   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Michael, thank you for sharing your story [campfire]

You did the best you could, used all of your resources, and gave it everything you had for the recovery... Well done to you, your friend, & his dog. Praise God for blessing your efforts on the recovery of this beautiful Whitetail [clapper]

Posts: 919 | From: Iowa | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hud
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 9639

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hud   Author's Homepage   Email Hud   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Michael, that was a good story with a happy ending. Congrats.

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 2098 | From: Ridgefield, Wa. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J. Cook
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 20751

Icon 1 posted      Profile for J. Cook   Email J. Cook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lets see more pics of the buck?

--------------------
"Huntin', fishin', and lovin' every day!"

Posts: 1254 | From: Kannapolis, NC | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
neargeezer
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 5561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for neargeezer   Email neargeezer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[clapper] Hats off to you for making good on a tough situation.
Posts: 588 | From: RC, South Dakota | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fattony77
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 37643

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fattony77   Email Fattony77   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good job, bud. I agree with your assessment of the similarities between tough hunting & life in general. "When the going gets tough, the tough get going." Cliches become cliches for a reason. Because there is truth in them. So, I congratulate you on not only a well-deserved & hard-earned buck, but also on being an example to all of what TO do, when being an example of any other course would have been much easier.
Posts: 1320 | From: Muskogee, OK | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TIM B
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 34411

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TIM B   Email TIM B   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Attaboy - eventually bad shots happen - you dun good
Tim B

Posts: 634 | From: MO | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tater
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 6195

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tater   Email Tater   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations on a nice Buck, and sticking with the recovery.
Not perfect shots happen to everyone sooner or later.

--------------------
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Charter/Life Member
PBS Associate
Big Thompson Bowhunters
United Bowhunters of Illinois
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 3341 | From: Southern Illinois | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jayrod
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 17800

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jayrod   Author's Homepage   Email Jayrod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats Michael thxs for sharing the bad with the good!! Way to stick it out great buck!!

--------------------
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Associate member/ PBS

Posts: 3213 | From: Western Pennsylvania | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Basinboy
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 19754

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Basinboy   Email Basinboy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The dog was the game changer without a dog it’s like looking for a needle in a haystack congrats on a very nice public land buck!

--------------------
Palmer Longbow 47#@26" 62" amo
Zona T/D Recurve 52@26" 58" amo
Zona T/D Recurve 46#@26" 60" amo

Posts: 1283 | From: South Louisiana | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vintage-bears
2017 Contributor
Member # 29551

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vintage-bears   Author's Homepage   Email vintage-bears   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good going Mike
Congratulations !!!

--------------------
"In the wind, He's still alive"
TGMM Family of the bow
New York Bowhunters

Posts: 2833 | From: New York | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crittergetter
SPONSOR
Member # 40336

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crittergetter   Email Crittergetter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats buddy! Proud of you and proud for you!! Many of us can learn from your example!

--------------------
www.primaltechbows.com
An elitist mentality creates discord, even among the elite!
"I went jackalope hunting but all I saw was does!"
Luck is when preparedness meets opportunity, I just need more opportunities!

Posts: 2033 | From: East Texas | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kadbow
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 7420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kadbow   Email kadbow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Way to stick with it, glad you found him. After meeting you this summer I am not surprised at all at your determination and ethics.

--------------------
Colorado Traditional Archers Society
Colorado Bowhunters Association
Nebraska Bowhunters Association
Grand Mesa Bowmen
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Pope and Young Club
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 2572 | From: Western Colorado | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©