3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

John Deitterick

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » It's been awhile... "Memorable Hunt of 2017" (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: It's been awhile... "Memorable Hunt of 2017"
Msturm
Contributor 2016
Member # 41701

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Msturm   Email Msturm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been waiting on this story since the podcast!

--------------------
Stalker Coyote FXT Long bow 49#

Keep yer stick on the ice.

Posts: 585 | From: Hawaii | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryan K Sanpei
SPONSOR
Member # 16091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryan K Sanpei   Email Ryan K Sanpei   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cyclic-Rivers:
Congrats Staci. I am Tuned in Ryan. Welcome back, its great to see you posting again.

Thanks Charlie! Good to be back!

quote:
Originally posted by Roy from Pa:
Very nice, Ryan. Congrats to wife.

Thank you Roy!

quote:
Originally posted by Msturm:
I have been waiting on this story since the podcast!

Mahalo Mike! [shaka]
Posts: 3053 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryan K Sanpei
SPONSOR
Member # 16091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryan K Sanpei   Email Ryan K Sanpei   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At twenty yards the animal poked it's head out from the tall grass. It was a hog! I know it was getting late, but I told myself that if I had a good shot I would take it. The hog continued to rummage through the leaves. He was either attracted by the smell of the deboned goat or just coincidentally made his way to us. At about fifteen yards he turned broadside and started to work his way back towards the grass. I had a shot and was prepared to take it. Already being in position, I slowly drew back, aimed and released the arrow. The hog bolted through the grass and after a mad dash, the noise stopped. I went back to Staci and we finished up with her goat. By the time we were all packed up, it was about six o'clock. I told Staci to stay on the trail and I would do my best to guess where the hog went. She tracked while I zigzagged my way through the thick grass. Finding hogs in this thick stuff is hard during the day and even harder at night. I picked up the trail a few times, so I had Staci jump ahead to where I was. The hog had actually traveled a lot further than I thought. Staci stayed persistent with her tracking and she ended up walking right into it. For some reason, it had just enough energy to make one last dash towards her. Staci swung her bow at it and it turned and piled up into the bushes. I ran to the boar, removed an arrow from my quiver and fired one last shot to be safe, but he wasn't going anywhere.

-

Posts: 3053 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryan K Sanpei
SPONSOR
Member # 16091

Unfortunately I didn't make time to take photos with the boar, I just wanted to get it cleaned as quick as possible. We removed our deboning kit again and put on our headlamps. By the time we were done, the sun had set. We packed up everything, then took a quick break to rest and reflect. I removed my camera to film a quick video of the day's events. Here's a screen shot from that video.

-

I knew it was going to be a tough hike back to the truck, but we were both so excited that it didn't bother us one bit. Just all smiles home! [Big Grin]

joe ashton
Contributor 2013
Member # 11463

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joe ashton   Email joe ashton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another well tolled story, thanks.

Joe

--------------------
Joe Ashton,D.C.
pronghorn long bow 54#
black widow long bow 55#
21 century long bow 55#
big horn recurve 58#

Posts: 4226 | From: colorado | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joe ashton
Contributor 2013
Member # 11463

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joe ashton   Email joe ashton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another well tolled story, thanks.

Joe

--------------------
Joe Ashton,D.C.
pronghorn long bow 54#
black widow long bow 55#
21 century long bow 55#
big horn recurve 58#

Posts: 4226 | From: colorado | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DanielB89
SPONSOR
Member # 37294

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DanielB89   Email DanielB89   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love the Hawaiian adventures!! [shaka] [shaka] [shaka]

--------------------
Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall.It is better to be of a lowly spirit with the poor than to divide the spoil with the proud. ~ Proverbs 16:18-19

Hunter's Choice Bowstrings

Black Eagle Arrow Dealer

Posts: 3018 | From: Monroe, Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
goingoldskool
Contributor 2017
Member # 38326

Icon 1 posted      Profile for goingoldskool   Email goingoldskool   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I knew it was going to be a tough hike back to the truck, but we were both so excited that it didn't bother us one bit. Just all smiles home! [Big Grin] [/QB][/QUOTE]

That's the best part!!!!!!
Congrats to both of you!

God bless,
Rodd

--------------------
"NO GOD, NO PEACE-KNOW GOD, KNOW PEACE" side of a barn along I-70, eastern Kansas
Rodd Boyer
Blk Widow PL-III
53#@28

Posts: 884 | From: nw missouri | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T-Bowhunter
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 35398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for T-Bowhunter   Email T-Bowhunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
👍

--------------------
William

Great Northern Bush Bow 62" 47@28"
Traditional Bowhunters of Florida

Posts: 1796 | From: Ocala, Florida | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Possum Head
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 23948

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Possum Head   Email Possum Head   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fantastic [clapper]
Posts: 2118 | From: Hurley, Mississippi | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
South MS Bowhunter
Contributor 2010
Member # 16239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for South MS Bowhunter   Email South MS Bowhunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats to the both of you!

--------------------
Everything I have and have become is due to the Lord and his great mercy.

Posts: 4016 | From: Mississippi | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T Sunstone
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 11170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for T Sunstone   Email T Sunstone   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats on a great hunt and story.
Posts: 623 | From: MD | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rastaman
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13385

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rastaman   Email rastaman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Way to go Staci and Ryan! Good to see you back. I walways enjoy your stories and pictures!

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

[archer]

Randy Keene

Posts: 7155 | From: georgia | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryan K Sanpei
SPONSOR
Member # 16091

We really appreciate all the kind words! Thank you Gang!
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©