Please note that Trad Gang forum registrations have been suspended between
Sunday, March 18th, and Monday, March 26th,
during our conversion/migration move to a new server and new forum software.
We apologize for this inconvenience - please do come back, y'all!

3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Kenny McKenzie

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Trad Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad » Main Forums » PowWow » Byron Ferguson Podcast

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Byron Ferguson Podcast
JR Williams
Member # 23168

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JR Williams     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I may be beating Matt to the punch, but The Push released a new podcast this morning and the guest is Byron Ferguson.

I actually had today off and did some stump shooting for a few hours and I listened to the podcast to and from my stumping grounds. Great interview, especially for the instinctive longbow crowd, but he has a lot of good nuggets no matter what style you shoot,

I really like the diversity of archers that Matt and Tim interview on The Push podcast. Thanks guys for all your doing!

God Bless

Posts: 257 | From: Augusta, GA | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14520

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThePushArchery   Email ThePushArchery   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey!! You did beat me to the punch! Nicely done, hahaha.

Thanks for starting this thread. Hope your stumping went well!

"The Push - A Traditional Archery Film"

Podcast - "The Push - A Traditional Archery Podcast" iTunes Podbean Stitcher

Posts: 1403 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 21538

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pavan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Byron interview was excellent and like you, there were some different questions I would have liked in there. Hind sight is excellent stuff. When conversing about the Hill aim versus 'become the arrow'. I think many are looking for a mechanical switch to throw. Hill's explanation is very mechanical, but in short order with consistent technique and practice, I would bet will fall into the 'become the arrow' system for many. One question I would have liked is the center is the center aspect. How forced is that mentally? When I mentally force an aim, it becomes an argument. I need to feel more casual about it, exacting, but casual.
I think the general history picture of what makes the man was excellent. I was not aware of the eye speed info, makes perfect sense.

Posts: 6025 | From: Iowa | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!

HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2018 ~ Trad ©