3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

John Deitterick

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Warmest bibs (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Warmest bibs
babs
Contributor 2015
Member # 17376

Icon 1 posted      Profile for babs   Email babs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sitka incinerator, lightweight not bulky a little pricey, lots of pockets, full length zips, best money i spent in a long time.

--------------------
Border tempest hex 7
Border tempest 25 hex 6.5
L.H.A Hayestani Combo 47lbs @28
Bob Lee camo dipped 47lbs @ 29
Bob Lee Heavyweight 50@29
Gillo riser & Hoyt GMX riser
Hoyt GMX & RCX 1000 limbs

Posts: 917 | From: Altoona, PA | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Bolin
Contributor 2014
Member # 401

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Bolin   Email Mike Bolin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a set of Day One fleece bibs. The are lined and have a wind blocker lining too. I believe with all the options on the linings they are under $300. I have only worn them twice in 3 years because they are too warm for me here in Indiana. Yesterday is was 63 degrees, but I may need to drag them out with wind chills in the low teens for the next couple of weeks!

--------------------
Black Widow PLIII 62", 49#@28"
Black Widow PLV 62", 50#@28"
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
NRA Life Member

Posts: 3332 | From: West Terre Haute, Indiana | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
indianalongbowshooter
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 2600

Icon 1 posted      Profile for indianalongbowshooter   Email indianalongbowshooter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cabelas Standhunter bibs, mine are super warm almost too warm for 30 deg.. all I wear underneath mine are a pair of polypro underwear, even when its down in the low 20`s.. can sit for 5-6 hrs.. have the Parka also.

--------------------
dean/indianalongbowshooter

Posts: 2980 | From: rockville,indiana | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yooper-traveler
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 45270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yooper-traveler   Email Yooper-traveler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First lite Sanctuary bibs.

--------------------
Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit

Posts: 63 | From: U.P. of Michigan | Registered: Aug 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mnbwhtr
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 9523

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mnbwhtr   Email mnbwhtr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like my Raven Wear.
Posts: 444 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DeerSpotter
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 10453

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DeerSpotter   Author's Homepage   Email DeerSpotter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a set of Cabela's parka coat and bids it is 93% wool. It has windshear in both. And with merino wool Long underwear, I lasted about 3 1/2 hrs. in a tree stand, at 16 below. Sure did surprise me, they're nice and warm. I don't know if you can get them anymore I haven't seen them in the store lately. -33 merino wool is really good stuff.
Posts: 1887 | From: St. Paul,MN | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buckeyebowhunter
Cadet Member
Member # 12819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for buckeyebowhunter   Email buckeyebowhunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for all the replies. The Cabelas stand Hunter still has my attention. And is priced fairly compared to some others I've seen.
Posts: 809 | From: Southeastern,Ohio | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray Lyon
Charter Member - Contributor 2017
Member # 35

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray Lyon   Email Ray Lyon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got a pair of Gray Wolf Woolen lined wool bib (but not insulated). No wind comes through and very warm. Love the full length leg zippers and double fabric butt. Side sash pockets are deep and warm. Very nice workmanship and the came in ASAT Brown camo. Definitely an investment at $450, however I have my Gray Wolf wool lined and insulated vest going on seven years and it’s like new. Good luck.

--------------------
Shrewhaven Lodge co-chef

Posts: 4339 | From: Traverse City, MI | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roger Norris
SPONSOR
Member # 601

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roger Norris   Author's Homepage   Email Roger Norris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have given my Asbell bibs a good workout this season, and they have been as warm as I need them to be. My prior bibs were Filson, I like the GFA version much better. Not only are they very affordable, but ergonomically they are laid out just the way I want them. Zippers and pockets in all the right places. Made right here in Michigan by a great contributor to traditional archery, Teresa Asbell.
 -

--------------------
"I think wolves would find me stringy, of high cholesterol, with an Irish whiskey aftertaste"
www.Tradwoodsman.com What the heck is an Arrow Canoe?

Posts: 3985 | From: Michigan | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BOHO
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1810

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOHO   Email BOHO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have some arctic shield. Really warm but seems like to me they are kind of noisy. Hasn’t been cold enough for me to wear them in 3 years. I’ll have to check em this weekend cause it’s gonna be lows in the 20’s here. Brutal for central ms. Lol

--------------------
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Tom

Posts: 2510 | From: Mississippi | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
northener
Contributor 2014
Member # 7966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for northener   Author's Homepage   Email northener   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wool for me also, Bemidji woolen mills.

--------------------
Intellectuals solve problem, geniuses prevent them

Posts: 621 | From: Mn. | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Biggie Hoffman
SPONSOR - Charter Member
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Biggie Hoffman   Email Biggie Hoffman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are the Cabelas bibs QUIET?

--------------------
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Posts: 4491 | From: Gray, Ga. 31032 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KSdan
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 2687

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KSdan   Email KSdan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Biggie- DEAD quiet. Not just quiet. Its wool. Body mapped with strategic high-end insulation in different areas. Lining DEAD quiet. Full length leg zips. Strategic pockets.

The parka is crazy good design too. Thigh length with unbelievable pockets, pit zips and a incorporated hand muff that is crazy warm.

I am telling you guys- I know of nothing like this Cabelas set out there. And I am quite familiar with most everything else mentioned. The only con is the weight, and frankly it can be too warm to walk in. But even that has been taken into consideration as it is designed to roll up and carry. I have friends using the set for sub zero ALL DAY, DEAD quiet sits in the Dakotas and late season. For teens to 40 degrees I wore nothing but base layers for all day sits this season.

Dan in KS

--------------------
If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat? ~anon

Bears can attack people- although fewer people have been killed by bears than in all WWI and WWII combined.

Posts: 2812 | From: Kansas | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pdk25
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 12864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pdk25   Email pdk25   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Too bad they don't make tall bibs.
Posts: 5594 | From: Ada, Oklahoma | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KSdan
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 2687

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KSdan   Email KSdan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
pdk- I am 6'4" and all in my circle are over 6' and 210+#. They fit us well.

--------------------
If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat? ~anon

Bears can attack people- although fewer people have been killed by bears than in all WWI and WWII combined.

Posts: 2812 | From: Kansas | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©