3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Cade M. Cabrera

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Wensel video (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Wensel video
Wolf1007
Contributor 2017
Member # 9734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolf1007   Email Wolf1007   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Christmas has arrived!!!!!

--------------------
Dale Dye Trails End 60" 55#@28"
Schafer Silvertip 60" 55#@28"
Stalker Wolverine FXT 60" 51#@28"

Posts: 208 | From: Stafford, VA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wild Bill MCP 808
Member # 36956

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wild Bill MCP 808   Email Wild Bill MCP 808   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looking forward to this one can't wait to get it.

--------------------
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
60" Black Widow 52 @ 28
60" Thunderhorn 60@ 28
62" Thunderhorn 50@ 28
62" Hoyt Buffalo 50@28
Bear Kodiak Magnum 45@ 28
NRA Member
Bill Wilhelm

Posts: 90 | From: PA | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
carbonflyr
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 22990

Icon 1 posted      Profile for carbonflyr   Email carbonflyr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my check's in the mail, come on mailman don't fail me now! [pray]
Posts: 702 | From: new york | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Herdbull
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 4488

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Herdbull   Email Herdbull   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are so many good tips in this video. I sew a pocket on the inseam of my hunting pant down just below my knee. I set the limb tip of my recurve in there to take wait off the bow arm in the ready position when game are present. I see that Barry uses this technique as well.

A few years ago I suggested this pocket be sewn on the inseam of Sitka Gear pants. Sitka did accommodate this suggestion for several years on the Stratus, Early season Whitetail, and Fanatic pants. But we found out that everyone seems to shoot different length bows and styles and they have preferred locations that really need to be customized, so Sitka stopped adding the pocket. But, that does not mean you shouldn't. It only takes a few minutes and small piece of cloth or leather. Mike

Posts: 1656 | From: Illinois | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barry Wensel
SPONSOR
Member # 1404

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barry Wensel   Email Barry Wensel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is actually pretty funny as I started doing this back in the '60s. In fact I used to cut the thumbs off of old leather gloves on my original set-ups. The leather was pretty hard to sew and after they got wet they'd shrivel up and get stiff. So I went to sewing cotton glove thumbs/fingers instead. Then a few years later they came out with fabric cement. I was a little skeptical on fabric cement at first but it actually works great. It dries over night. The next day it's strong enough to pull your Jeep out of the ditch. And it's waterproof so you can run it through the washer too. Try it.. you'll like it. I use those little bow-tip pockets about every day I hunt. And the best part is it's almost free. bw
Posts: 1117 | From: Lineville, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Biggie Hoffman
SPONSOR - Charter Member
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Biggie Hoffman   Email Biggie Hoffman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uncle Barry told me this tip about 25 years ago and I tried it. I didn't get it sewn on straight and it made me shoot to the left.....

--------------------
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Posts: 4496 | From: Gray, Ga. 31032 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barry Wensel
SPONSOR
Member # 1404

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barry Wensel   Email Barry Wensel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Biggie, if you keep hitting to the left you need to move your treestand to the right. bw
Posts: 1117 | From: Lineville, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hermon
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 26115

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hermon   Email Hermon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you don't want to move the treestand to the right, just try tuning with your hat. Move the bill of the hat to the right until you are hitting dead center.
Posts: 2707 | From: Spring Hill, Kansas | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cyclic-Rivers
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 21222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cyclic-Rivers   Email Cyclic-Rivers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am happy this is out, looking forward to getting a copy

--------------------
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Mohawk Hudson Traditional Archers
NY Bowhunters

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Posts: 17299 | From: Central Wisconsin | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brock
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 7061

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brock   Email Brock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Barry, glad you got this done and remember talking about it over lunch at the St Augustin PBS Banquet one day. Now to beg my wife for a check...as she does not give me play money or the check book. LOL

--------------------
Keep em sharp,

Ron Herman
Compton's Traditional Bowhunters
Backcountry Hunters & Anglers
PBS Assoc since 1988
NRA Life
USAF Retired (1984-2004)

Posts: 1782 | From: Charleston, South Carolina | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
knobby
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for knobby   Email knobby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I must be on Santa's "nice" list because I didn't get around to ordering a copy, yet one showed up in the mail today. Merry Christmas to me! Do I really have to wait until Christmas to open it?
Posts: 1214 | From: Plymouth WI | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NIGEL01
Assoc Sponsor - CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 22184

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NIGEL01   Email NIGEL01   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Naw, just watch it, then put it under the tree
Posts: 875 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KAZ
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 23991

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KAZ   Email KAZ   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine arrived yesterday [jumper] Thanks Barry [archer]
Posts: 940 | From: Iowa | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stixbowdrew
SPONSOR
Member # 28378

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stixbowdrew   Email Stixbowdrew   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Barry, will you be bringing DVDs to Kalamazoo???

--------------------
All we have to decide is what to do with the time given to us.

www.selwayarcheryproducts.com

Posts: 834 | From: SE Michigan | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barry Wensel
SPONSOR
Member # 1404

Yes I'll be bringing the new DVDs to Kzoo. You'll save on the postage that way. Merry Christmas to all. bw
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©