3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Cade M. Cabrera

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Wensel video (Page 6)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Wensel video
Tom1958
Member # 45482

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tom1958   Email Tom1958   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I enjoyed it as well.
Did I see something at the end of the 2nd disk that there's another Crooked Hat Chronicle video in the works?

Posts: 15 | From: PA | Registered: Oct 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tom1958
Member # 45482

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tom1958   Email Tom1958   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Posts: 15 | From: PA | Registered: Oct 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Covey
Contributor 2012
Member # 14989

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Covey   Email Covey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope Barry has the PayPal figured out. I ordered mine on Dec. 31, how long is the turn around.
Can’t wait to get my hands on it! Be some good viewing on these cold days!

Posts: 1943 | From: South Central Indiana | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barry Wensel
SPONSOR
Member # 1404

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barry Wensel   Email Barry Wensel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My wife does the paypals and she does them the same day we receive them if at all possible. So it shouldn't be long via 1st. class. I've had orders from Australia, Germany and Austria so far. So.. I guess I'm Internationally known now. Ha. bw
Posts: 1117 | From: Lineville, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Covey
Contributor 2012
Member # 14989

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Covey   Email Covey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Barry, that’s exciting news! I think your pretty well known, especially in the traditional bowhunting world!
Posts: 1943 | From: South Central Indiana | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barry Wensel
SPONSOR
Member # 1404

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barry Wensel   Email Barry Wensel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah Tom, I actually have two more in the works. Both are different than anything anyone has seen before. One will be "Charting the Whitetail Rut 2017". In a nutshell, I "set up" (detailed a prime area) in a remote location. Then I put up a trail camera to record 10 second video clips 24/7 between Oct. 24, 2017 and Nov. 9, 2017. Then, I didn't go anywhere near it, so everything I captured was natural movement/activities. I ended up with 458 ten-second video clips that are not only extremely interesting but very educational. I plan on editing them with an audio overlaying explaining what the viewer is watching. I'm proud to say I captured a pile of stuff on tape that a ton of bowhunters have likely never seen before.
The second one I'm working on will be titled "Out And About" (OUT in the timber and ABOUT whitetails) subtitle: "Techniques and Strategies for successfully taking fully mature trophy whitetails". It will include some of the basic bootcamp stuff I teach, but also some additional tricks of the trade I've not shared yet. By the way, the two bootcamps I have scheduled for this year were both sold out before I even announced them. I just had a couple cancellations if anyone is interested. I'm doing Kzoo in a couple weeks so I'm sure they'll fill. So, if anyone wants a slot now is the time to move on it. I know I've said it before but these will be my last two. Thanks folks. bw

Posts: 1117 | From: Lineville, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sean B
Contributor 2017
Member # 22257

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sean B   Email Sean B   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was snowed in yesterday so I watched it again!! Good stuff. I was lucky enough to see a lot of that footage with live play by play commentary from The Man himself while at his boot camp last year. One thing that I can say is that this man is STILL hunting hard as ever and he loves talking whitetails and sharing his knowledge. Looking forward to more!!

--------------------
Sean
PBS Regular Member
Comptons
NY Bowhunters Association
BW KB X
Schafer Silvertip

Posts: 3578 | From: Dutchess Co. New York | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lechwe
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 4214

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lechwe   Email Lechwe   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine arrived today. Watching it now with my son. So cool seeing footage from some of the stand locations we saw during the bootcamp.
Posts: 569 | From: Holt, Michigan | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
meathead
2017 Contributor
Member # 5557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for meathead   Email meathead   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have watched the new DVD a couple time now. I enjoyed it a lot. Wonderful job Barry. Do you teach everybody how to swim across a river with a bow in one hand in the boot camps? Lol.
Posts: 1167 | From: Indiana | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barry Wensel
SPONSOR
Member # 1404

That scene of me swimming across the river with bow in hand, in the background you'll hear a voice saying "All right Barry.. a regular Tarzan". That's Paul Schafer's voice saying that. How ironic is that? Paul Schafer calling ME Tarzan?? HHHHHAAAAA. bw.
vintage-bears
2017 Contributor
Member # 29551

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vintage-bears   Author's Homepage   Email vintage-bears   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can't wait to get my copy!

--------------------
"In the wind, He's still alive"
TGMM Family of the bow
New York Bowhunters

Posts: 2855 | From: New York | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim Brennen
Contributor 2017
Member # 18215

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jim Brennen   Email Jim Brennen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cant wait to get mine. I just ordered off of the website, I guess its up and running again.

--------------------
62" toelke whip 55#@28" 56" thunderchild 49#@28 54" shrew classic hunter 50#@28

Posts: 318 | From: Pittsburgh Pa | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
toddster
2017 Contributor
Member # 1722

Icon 1 posted      Profile for toddster   Email toddster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uncle Barry, you can go ahead and put me down for the other two dvd's. See you in Kalamazoo, think they sale bourbon up there?
Posts: 1309 | From: Decatur, illinois | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray Hammond
Contributor 2018
Member # 607

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray Hammond   Author's Homepage   Email Ray Hammond   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All I can tell you fellows is if you have not seen it you're missing out!
Great footage...great commentary... it's four solid hours of eyes-glued -to-the-tv viewing!

--------------------
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 8846 | From: Buford GA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bill langer
SPONSOR
Member # 16959

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bill langer   Email bill langer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for sharing Barry!
I’ve really enjoyed it, well done!
Watching the footage from the October whitetail series, which inspired me to start filming my hunts, never gets old.
Keep them coming!!

--------------------
http://billlanger.com/

Posts: 1018 | From: Connecticut | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©