3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Shan G. Mandrayar

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Wensel video (Page 7)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Wensel video
buckeyebowhunter
Cadet Member
Member # 12819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for buckeyebowhunter   Email buckeyebowhunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just finished watching. Thanks Barry,I too very much enjoyed the video. The October whitetail stuff is still the absolute best. That footage means a lot to me I guess because it's what I cut my teeth on as a bowhunter. I remember watching October whitetail with my dad an grandpa back in maybe elementary or middle school and i was hooked. The bows you used in October I an II and High nooon bucks were awesome. I'm guessing they were made by Paul. My favorite being the one in Highnoon with the treebark Camo on the limbs, awesome stuff.
Posts: 820 | From: Southeastern,Ohio | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barry Wensel
SPONSOR
Member # 1404

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barry Wensel   Email Barry Wensel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know you guys enjoy hearing the rest of the story. Yes, all those bows I used when filming Bowhunting October Whitetails, etc. were built by Paul himself and gifted to me. A sad note is I lost them all in our fire in '99. Funny story, The one I happened to be shooting when I shot those first two running bucks on Oct. WTs, years later Paul was over at my house and we were doing stuff in my work shed when he took that bow down off the hook and started laughing. I asked what was so funny? He looked at the bow and said "what are you kidding? This is a piece of junk" (well actually he didn't use the word junk. Ha.) Here he was bad-mouthing his own work, explaining how far he'd come since he'd built that "piece of junk". The bow obviously shot well though. Great memories. bw
Posts: 1117 | From: Lineville, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SuperK
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 12809

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SuperK   Email SuperK   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just got my copy in the mail and watched part of the first DVD last night. It brought back some great memories and made me wish that I had kept better records and pictures of my past hunts, harvest and friends. What a blessing to have so many "memories" and experiences recorded so you can share it! It isn't a "whack'em and stack'em" deer hunting video but a visual history of an iconic traditional bowhunter and his love for nature and the game he loves to hunt. It is a "must have" for any one that loves to hunt with a bow and arrow. My copy will be treasured along with my Fred Bear Master DVD Collection. Thank you Barry Wensel for sharing with us and God bless you and your family!

--------------------
They exchanged the truth of GOD for a lie,and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator-who is forever praised.Amen Romans 1:25 NIV

Posts: 1439 | From: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BOHO
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1810

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOHO   Email BOHO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This will be a gift from my sweety for valentines. So looking forward to watching it.

--------------------
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Tom

Posts: 2518 | From: Mississippi | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Covey
Contributor 2012
Member # 14989

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Covey   Email Covey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It’s been awesome so far. Lots of good laughs along with some great old footage and Barry interjecting every little bit. Helps to pass the time on these cold and snowy days.
Posts: 1943 | From: South Central Indiana | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ghostbow
Member # 127

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ghostbow   Email Ghostbow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just finished watching both discs. Fantastic! Worth every penny.

--------------------
B.J.D.
"Want to trade or sell all those bows you built up trying to figure this thing out... step in to my office [Smile]
Let me introduce my self...They call me, BigJim" - Big Jim Babcock

Posts: 70 | From: Eastern Shore, Maryland | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jonsimoneau
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 1224

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jonsimoneau   Email jonsimoneau   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched both disks on Sunday then went out hunting for the last evening of the season. Now that’s a good day! The video is amazing. I love the old footage the most. Now Barry ya just gotta release the other 600 hours! Good stuff.
Posts: 3153 | From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim Boettcher
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2644

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jim Boettcher   Author's Homepage   Email Jim Boettcher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mr. Wensel, I hope you're bringing enough DVD's to the Kalamazoo show!
Posts: 474 | From: Michigan | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buckhorn70
Member # 15991

Icon 1 posted      Profile for buckhorn70   Email buckhorn70   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So can we get this DVD via paypal now?
Posts: 10 | From: NC | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cadurfey
Member # 46973

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cadurfey   Email cadurfey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hoping to pick one up at Kazoo as well. I'm excited to get a copy!!!

--------------------
Listen to understand not to reply

Posts: 3 | From: OH | Registered: Jan 2018  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barry Wensel
SPONSOR
Member # 1404

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barry Wensel   Email Barry Wensel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, you can order it by opening your Paypal account and listing barrywensel@hotmail.com or you can also get it via paypal thru our new brothersofthebow.com website. I'll also have them at Kzoo too. Thank you all. bw
Posts: 1117 | From: Lineville, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray Hammond
Contributor 2018
Member # 607

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray Hammond   Author's Homepage   Email Ray Hammond   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Finished mine, Barry....it's fantastic. Really enjoyed the old stuff but it's all great. You guys that haven't gotten yours yet are missing out!!!

--------------------
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 8846 | From: Buford GA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CBergeman
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 10715

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CBergeman   Email CBergeman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another outstanding video Barry! As others have said, if you haven't gotten yours yet, you are definitely missing out.
Posts: 310 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©