3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Shan G. Mandrayar

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Do you have a bucket list...??? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Do you have a bucket list...???
jsweka
Contributor 2015
Member # 21094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jsweka   Email jsweka   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Black bear - That's why I'm heading back to Bear Quest in June. I flirted with a big one all week in 2016, but never got a shot.

After that, I'd say caribou and elk, but I better get myself in shape for those.

--------------------
>>>---->TGMM<----<<<<

Posts: 3487 | From: Howard Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Stewart
Contributor 2015
Member # 12017

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jon Stewart   Email Jon Stewart   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Casey = zmonster. Haven't seen your name in a couple of years. You out now and back home. good to hear from you.
Posts: 2932 | From: Norton Shores, Michigan | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dang Jon, if that doesn't top off and fill up a bucket, then nothing will. Thanks for sharing.

--------------------
"Instinctive archery is all about possibilities. Mechanist archery is all about alternatives. " Dean Torges

Posts: 1812 | From: Hugo, Oklahoma | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trumpkin the Dwarf
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 31043

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Trumpkin the Dwarf   Email Trumpkin the Dwarf   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Take a Bighorn Sheep with a recurve or longbow... and for a REALLLLY bucket list hunt, I'm holding out hope jaguar populations rebound and I can hunt them some day. Seriously, they are the coolest cat this side of the Bengal tiger!

--------------------
Malachi C.

"Scar" (retired) Toelke Whip 62" ~70# @ 33"
Unnamed Toelke SS 64" 64# @ 33"

Posts: 1091 | From: Austin, TX | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Over&Under
2017 Contributor
Member # 8273

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Over&Under   Email Over&Under   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bear, bison, ans Javelina

Javi hunt planned in two weeks...the others are yet to come

--------------------
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss" [Smile]

Posts: 6957 | From: Utah | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kromer
Member # 44858

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kromer   Email Kromer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My list changes quite a bit, but for as long as I can remember the top hunt on that list has never wavered. A brown bear/ grizz with a longbow. At this point I'll either have to sell a kidney and/ or my first born to make it happen, but it's nice to dream...
Posts: 84 | From: MN | Registered: Apr 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry Russell
Sponsor
Member # 2613

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry Russell   Author's Homepage   Email Jerry Russell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I started my bucket list pretty young and have been fortunate to do many of the trips. I am thankful for that. When I check something off I quickly replace it with some new adventure because a man just shouldn't be walking around with an empty bucket.

Guiding other Bowhunters is a special opportunity to watch others fulfill their dreams many times per season. At this point in my hunting career, that is what drives me the most and gives the greatest pleasure.

--------------------
Guided hunts for Canada Bear and Georgia Bear,Turkey, Hogs, Alligator, Deer and African Plains Game. We specialize in traditional archery hunts.
Visit us at:
http://www.russelloutdoorguides.com

Posts: 1080 | From: Georgia/Quebec | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
toddster
2017 Contributor
Member # 1722

Icon 1 posted      Profile for toddster   Email toddster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got most of mine done, but always wanted to do a DIY Alaskan Moose hunt. But, with the cost of tags and finding another to go with will likely never happen. Will admit that more and more thinking of Musk OX and Water Buffalo
Posts: 1309 | From: Decatur, illinois | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BAK
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 1272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BAK   Email BAK   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yah have to be able to afford the bucket before you can fill it. Not anymore.

--------------------
"May your blood trails be short and your drags all down hill."

Posts: 1124 | From: NE Iowa | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D. Key
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 3106

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D. Key   Email D. Key   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since I was a kid, reading my Dad's Outdoor Life and Sports Afield magazines, I wanted to hunt a Black Bear. For me, this was the ultimate goal on my bucket list. After unsuccessful hunts in Manitoba and Idaho I succeeded in taking my only Blackie last year in NW Arkansas, of all places. My bucket is now full and don't have any additional goals. A Whitetail on my own property would also be nice.

--------------------
"Pick-A-Spot"

Doug Key

Posts: 2108 | From: Jasper, TX | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Graps
Contributor 2017
Member # 39874

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Graps   Email Graps   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My bucket list has a hole in it.

--------------------
"Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow. " Fred Bear
Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows. Matthew 10:31

}}}}}=========€ >

Posts: 2285 | From: Sparta , Michigan | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DeerSpotter
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 10453

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DeerSpotter   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My bucket list, Is to live life one day at a time. If a moose or elk ever steps into my Bucket ! I can set back and laugh at it !!

I would never go moose hunting, that's for the guys that really know how to do their stuff. Elk hunting would be okay, if I get the opportunity I would definitely go.

The Animal that has interest me the most, is the elusive Whitetail deer. I've gotten more enjoyment out of hunting deer than any other. Especially on the ground, at their level. But I guess the elk has a Whitetail too !!!

Carl

Posts: 1958 | From: St. Paul,MN | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bvas
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 44555

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bvas   Email Bvas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Been working all season on one. To kill a deer with a bow I made myself. Preferably a nice buck. [Wink]
Next would be a DIY elk hunt during rut. Dreamt many times of chasing a big bugling bull. Seems to me it would be like combining my normal deer and turkey hunting all into one. Only bigger!! [Eek!]

--------------------
Some hunt to survive; some survive to hunt

Posts: 817 | From: Ohio | Registered: Feb 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Bolin
Contributor 2014
Member # 401

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Bolin   Email Mike Bolin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hunts-Moose is number one on the bucket list. Being retired now I have the time, but the fixed income thing makes it a bit tough. I may figure it out and head to Ontario sometime.
Bows-I keep my eyes open for a lefty Widow PSR. I have two PL longbows and like them as well as any bow I've owned so, I figure the PSR would be an easy transition. May pick up a Timberhawk if the righ one pops up for sale.

--------------------
Black Widow PLIII 62", 49#@28"
Black Widow PLV 62", 50#@28"
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
NRA Life Member

Posts: 3341 | From: West Terre Haute, Indiana | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pat B
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pat B   Email Pat B   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have dreams Jon, just gave up lists. [thumbsup]

--------------------
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 13340 | From: Brevard, NC. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©