3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Cade M. Cabrera

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Masters of the Bare Bow 5 (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Masters of the Bare Bow 5
Jbseitz
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 45056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jbseitz   Email Jbseitz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks McDave
Posts: 64 | From: Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LongStick64
Contributor 2015
Member # 18059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LongStick64     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to say I liked it and wasn't distracted at all. Really appreciated the Jason Wesbrock segments, great direction easy to understand and follow.

--------------------
Primitive Bowhunting.....the experience of a lifetime

Posts: 2413 | From: New York - LI | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PECO
Member # 46906

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PECO   Email PECO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vol 3 was my favorite, so if it builds on 3, I'll get it ordered soon.
Posts: 9 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katman
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 9420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for katman   Email katman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by wingnut:
Yep I really don't like "over-produced" hunting programs. I want to hear what the mountains and woods are telling me not some elevator music.

Mike

Could not agree more, thanks for the heads up on the video Mcdave, decided that video is not for me as I am NOT a music buff.

--------------------
shoot straight shoot often

Posts: 3665 | From: south carolina | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old_goat2
Contributor 2014
Member # 35569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old_goat2   Author's Homepage   Email old_goat2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bought the DVD, didn't have much problem with the music. Great DVD, makes me want to buy the other four. One observation I came away with was, Rod Jenkins has the funniest outtakes, other video I watched with him in it making bow strings, the outtakes were hilarious too! Really wanted to go out shooting after I watched it, but stupid work thing in the way again!

--------------------
David Achatz
CPO USN Ret.
Various bows, but if you see me shooting, it's probably a Toelke in my hand!

Posts: 2174 | From: ArvadaCO | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mj seratt
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 10008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mj seratt   Email mj seratt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't seen this video yet. I just want to add that the ONLY complaint I have of Uncle Barry's newest release is that sometimes the music is a bit overwhelming. This is from an old man who is very hard of hearing. I love UB, and will buy any book or video he touches.

Murray

--------------------
mjseratt

Posts: 207 | From: bartlett, tn | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
McDave
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 10587

Icon 1 posted      Profile for McDave   Email McDave   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At first I thought it was just my own personal preference not to have music while people are talking, but after reading some of the responses, I think that those of us with hearing problems really do find it difficult to sort the words out from the other sounds. I certainly wouldn’t want to discourage anyone from buying and learning from MBB 5, because there is a lot of good information there; those of us with hearing problems just have to work a little harder to understand it.

My recommendation to someone wanting to make an instructional video would be to include sounds, music, etc., as part of the introduction or in between sections, rather than as background while people are presenting their subject.

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

I'm a man, and I can change, if I have to, I guess.

Posts: 4282 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve O
Contributor 2017
Member # 503

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve O   Email Steve O   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looking forward to picking up my copy and seeing all of the Masters at Kalamazoo in a couple weeks.
Posts: 6198 | From: Michigan | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katman
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 9420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for katman   Email katman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
An option of playing the disk with or without the music background would be a nice. Sorry if I came across harsh. I am sure it is an excellent production.

--------------------
shoot straight shoot often

Posts: 3665 | From: south carolina | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve O
Contributor 2017
Member # 503

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve O   Email Steve O   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, I couldn’t wait. My copy came today. Excellent!

I guess it’s because I don’t turn 50 until June but I did not find any of the music distracting. I though it gave the whole thing some pizzazz [thumbsup]

I’ve got all the Masters and this one has by far the best and most useable information. Lots of good hunting mixed in to the technique and explanations. It’s going to give a lot of guys hope knowing all these shooters including Jason Westbrock have struggled with and overcome target panic.

Now I can just give Denny and Randy a pat on the back and a thank you at Kzoo. Great job fellas.

The bloopers are worth the price of admission.

Posts: 6198 | From: Michigan | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
4dogs
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 19996

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4dogs   Email 4dogs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I enjoyed the DVD I thought the tribute to Dean at the end was a nice touch.

--------------------
>>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Posts: 2481 | From: Colorado | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ESP
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 23117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ESP   Email ESP   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked mine but I am only forty.
Posts: 319 | From: ohio | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve O
Contributor 2017
Member # 503

4Dogs—agreed. That tribute was heartfelt. He was one of the original masters for sure.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©