3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Cade M. Cabrera

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Hunting Boots

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hunting Boots
Longbowcrowder66
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 40726

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Longbowcrowder66   Email Longbowcrowder66   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can someone point me in the right direction for a new pair of boots for cold weather. .I enjoy setting in my stand all day.The highs usually 35 or so..I have got diabetes an my feet freeze now..the boots I currently have are lacrosse 800 gram...any advice would help....tired of cold ass feet....lol

[ January 02, 2018, 09:49 AM: Message edited by: Tony Van Dort ]

--------------------
Floyd Crowder

Posts: 178 | From: Virginia | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nipperlud
Member # 41136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nipperlud   Author's Homepage   Email nipperlud   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wear a pair of muck boots and stick pocket heaters on top of sock..I don't walk far as I hunt behind my house

--------------------
cl

Posts: 50 | From: new york | Registered: Feb 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Onions
Contributor 2016
Member # 11946

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Onions   Email Onions   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Buy some military Bunny Boots. I have had trouble with cold feet for many years, until I obtained a pair of "Bunny Boots". Been hunting in 10 degree weather or colder for the past two weeks. Feet have been comfortable throughout 3 hour sits.

Add a pair of Chuck Deshler's (Two Tracks Bow Co), felted wool boot liners, for extra warmth and comfort.

chris <><

Posts: 1081 | From: michigan | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trenton G.
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 45397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Trenton G.   Email Trenton G.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wear Muck boots with a heavy pair of socks. The walk in gets my feet warmed up pretty good. The past few nights it's been in the single digits by the time I left and my feet haven't been cold.
Posts: 500 | From: Boyne City, Michigan | Registered: Oct 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tajue17
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 1894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tajue17   Email Tajue17   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
everyone has what works for them but if you want warm feet which on a stand for me I found that the Baffin's which are rated to -140 are perfect with regular crew socks even thinner liner socks because they are so warm. they are made in Canada I think originally for ice fisherman who stand on ice all day.

they feel like pillows on your feet and might not work right for serious hiking but for standing still long hours your toes will be toasty warm I've worn them all this week and currently here in Mass its -15 wind chill and my feet felt like they were in warm heater socks with not even a hint of a chill and i was only wearing regular tube socks,, I originally bought these for standing in deep snow in single to sub zero temps.

http://www.baffin.com/product-p/40000048.htm

other wise most decent winter boots will work but buy a size to a 1 1/2 sizes bigger so you can wear extra thick wool or alpaca socks,, if toes are cold sometimes theres not enough insulating air space in front of them.

--------------------
"Us vs Them"

Posts: 3172 | From: Plymouth Rock, Massachusetts | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gooserbat
2017 Contributor
Member # 10106

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gooserbat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wear muck Woody max. They work for me.

--------------------
"Four fletch white feathers and 600 grains is a beautiful thing."

Posts: 768 | From: Illinios River, Oklahoma | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vesty
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 4615

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vesty   Email Vesty   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Steger mukluks. Check out their website.
Posts: 438 | From: Kalamazoo, Michigan | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Longbowcrowder66
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 40726

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Longbowcrowder66   Email Longbowcrowder66   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tajue17....thank you

--------------------
Floyd Crowder

Posts: 178 | From: Virginia | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam McMichael
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam McMichael   Email Sam McMichael   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have diabetes as well, and cold is tough. I bought some pac boots from Cabela's some years ago that are rated to -85 degress. I also stole a pair from my son rated to -40. Non diabetics will consider this overkill, but it is not. With the -40 boots, I lost feeling in my feet at about 25 degrees. I do not walk, but, rather, I sit on a stand all morning. I am just not sure a diabetic is ever going to be totally comfortable in cold weather. I have accepted this as a fact of like and seldom hunt in the colder weather, which is odd, because when I was younger, I like to hunt on mornings so cold that most folks didn't want to be out..

--------------------
Sam

Posts: 4885 | From: Gray, Georgia | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Recurve6
Member # 46795

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Recurve6   Email Recurve6   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hunted this past weekend in TN and it was pretty cold for us.. temps in single digits with a wind chill on top.. my Sitka gear kept me totally comfortable but my feet were killing me. After all I invested in Sitka to stay warm my foot solution was pretty cheap.

I put a hand warmer - bigger size - on the toe of my boot when I got to my stand. Then I wrapped it in a piece of flannel cloth to hold it in place and trap warmth and used a rubber band to secure it.
Worked just fine.. if only the deer had cooperated!

--------------------
Pat

Posts: 2 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Nov 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Longbowcrowder66
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 40726

I use to not get cold until I became a diabetic four years ago.. I like to climb the tree before daylight and set til dark..But this week I had to come out the tree at noon. My feet were so cold that they were numb, I couldnt feel my feet walking out the woods..You can bet it wont happen next year. I dont care how they will cost me!!

--------------------
Floyd Crowder

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©