3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Cade M. Cabrera

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » I've been bitten (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I've been bitten
bucknut
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 40674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bucknut   Email bucknut   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a blast making the change. I was in the same boat when I came back to the stick. Just didn't have the fire I used to with the compound. Took out my old recurve and shook like a little girl when the first doe came by me. Haven't looked back! Congrats!
Posts: 611 | From: S. E. Ohio | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
South MS Bowhunter
Contributor 2010
Member # 16239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for South MS Bowhunter   Email South MS Bowhunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome and congrats from the deep South!

You learn fast and the Trad bug is meant to be simple and non complicated, keep it that way and your fun meter will continue to be pegged to the right!

--------------------
Everything I have and have become is due to the Lord and his great mercy.

Posts: 4066 | From: Mississippi | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SAM E. STEPHENS
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 23228

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SAM E. STEPHENS   Email SAM E. STEPHENS   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good start sir , keep at it...

Congrats on your doe and rabbits...

,,,Sam,,,

--------------------
HUNT OLD SCHOOL

Posts: 2727 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MCNSC
Contributor 2017
Member # 2161

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MCNSC   Author's Homepage   Email MCNSC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for sharing! Bet it made your grandfathers day to hear that you had killed a deer with that bow.

--------------------
"What was big was not the trout, but the chance. What was full was not my creel, but my memory"
Aldo Leopold

"It hasn't worked right since I fixed it" My friend Ken talking about his lawn mower

Posts: 1743 | From: SC | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roadkill
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2828

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roadkill   Email Roadkill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am originally from Logan County. You are hooked. It is a pleasant sort of misery. I shoot every day, hunt rabbits every weekend, now have a grandson tp take with me. Go get em

--------------------
Cast a long shadow-you may provide shade to someone who needs it. Semper Fi

Posts: 3070 | From: Nevada | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlacktailBowhunter
Contributor 2018
Member # 15933

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlacktailBowhunter   Email BlacktailBowhunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My grand father was my hunting inspiration.

Wait till you shoot a variety of custom bows, that’s a whole another bug

--------------------
Join a credible hunting organization, participate in it, and take a kid hunting. Member: U.S. Sportsmen's Alliance, NWTF, Oregon Hunter's Assn., Oregon Bow Hunters and Oregon Foundation for Blacktailed Deer.

Posts: 981 | From: Oregon | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Possum Head
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 23948

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Possum Head   Email Possum Head   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome, great story and congrats on your trophies
Posts: 2178 | From: Hurley, Mississippi | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Turner
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 2264

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Turner   Email Bill Turner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats on your conversion. Your grandfather is now reliving his youth through you. A better story cannot be written. Great way to start the new year. Welcome aboard. [campfire]
Posts: 4073 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pavan
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 21538

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pavan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I keep going back and looking at the fried rabbit, I'm hungry. I need to check in with the farmer that has the giant groves. Oh, forgot to say welcome, the rabbits threw me off. Bunnies and bows, truly a king's sport.

--------------------
Pavan

Posts: 5940 | From: Iowa | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BWallace10327
Contributor 2018
Member # 15447

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BWallace10327   Author's Homepage   Email BWallace10327   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That story made me grin. Congradulations and welcome. [Big Grin]

--------------------
***$ Brent Wallace $***
NRA Life Time Member

Posts: 890 | From: Four Corner Area, Colorado | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TIM B
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 34411

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TIM B   Email TIM B   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome aboard.....I shoot grizlys also
Tim B

Posts: 645 | From: MO | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A Lex
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 43896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for A Lex   Email A Lex   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome.

Many years ago I too suffered from the same bite.
Still suffering
Pretty neat isn't it....
Wouldn't change it for the world.

Best
Lex

Posts: 59 | From: Australia | Registered: Sep 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Overspined
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 12800

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Overspined   Email Overspined   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I gave my compound bows away..and shot bigger deer ever since! Lmao

Congrats on the change and the early success. It never gets old.

Posts: 2107 | From: Michigan | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tajue17
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 1894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tajue17   Email Tajue17   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
great story and welcome to the adventure

--------------------
"Us vs Them"

Posts: 3174 | From: Plymouth Rock, Massachusetts | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RickLB
Member # 46964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RickLB   Email RickLB   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been bit to and am now waiting on my recurve to be built.

I'm originally from Simpson County

Posts: 20 | From: SC | Registered: Jan 2018  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©