3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Shan G. Mandrayar

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » YOUR dream job? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: YOUR dream job?
SAM E. STEPHENS
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 23228

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SAM E. STEPHENS   Email SAM E. STEPHENS   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I’m good at talking and killing stuff with a bow , do I get the job????

,,,Sam,,,

--------------------
HUNT OLD SCHOOL

Posts: 2729 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NIGEL01
Assoc Sponsor - CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 22184

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NIGEL01   Email NIGEL01   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, between my wife, 16-year-old son and I we could probably do the job. Don’t think my wife wants to move to Colorado though.....
Posts: 875 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keefer
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keefer   Author's Homepage   Email Keefer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
South,

I have to commend you on offering a really good job for the right person and it's nice of you to offer that job to someone in the traditional world.

It's great to see that folks like you are offering a dream job and your willingness to teach them certain parts of what it takes to be a bowyer.
This shows our economy is starting to turn around for the better once more and I used to work for a "Big name power tool company" that went to Mexico and over 1500 or more folks lost their jobs in our part of the world due to that but one thing good about that company was many folks learned to use CNC machines,Molding machines,packaging and computer skills etc.
I was a mold set up mechanic and learned one important thing and that was if machinery was down folks were able to move around to help in area's that weren't their daily part of the job and became a Team player so to speak.
You are offering a great position for someone and I seen your shop in a video and your passion for making the Stalker line of bows and you seem to have a system like I remember when I worked at the plant I'm referring to.
You enjoy the shop time creating and in need of someone to tend to the office and answering the phone etc.
That is a good indication you are growing and good to see that.
I'm hoping you do find someone that is able to do some of the tasks you need and I appreciate you putting this out there .
I'm not going to give you a hard time about you asking too much in a person but instead I am going to Commend you on being brave offering up a great job for someone.
God Bless you South and I'll pray that person is found!
Keefer's <')))><

Posts: 4154 | From: Hurlock Maryland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Two Tracks
SPONSOR
Member # 19120

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Two Tracks   Author's Homepage   Email Two Tracks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Way to Go South!!
I don't know why everybody is uptight about job description for, Those jobs are what we do in our shops everyday right?
Be sweet to have a hand with it all. 1 guy can only do so much.

--------------------
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

https://twotracksoutdoors.com/

"Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.”
~ Francis Chan

Posts: 5960 | From: Michigan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Two Tracks
SPONSOR
Member # 19120

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Two Tracks   Author's Homepage   Email Two Tracks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice reply Keefer!

--------------------
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

https://twotracksoutdoors.com/

"Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.”
~ Francis Chan

Posts: 5960 | From: Michigan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DanielB89
SPONSOR
Member # 37294

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DanielB89   Email DanielB89   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What if I turn in a resume that says I can guarantee i'll learn everything you teach me quickly! hah!

Colorado seems to be treating you well, South!

God Bless,

Daniel

--------------------
Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall.It is better to be of a lowly spirit with the poor than to divide the spoil with the proud. ~ Proverbs 16:18-19

Hunter's Choice Bowstrings

Black Eagle Arrow Dealer

Posts: 3050 | From: Monroe, Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buckeyebowhunter
Cadet Member
Member # 12819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for buckeyebowhunter   Email buckeyebowhunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wish I could move to Colorado. Since college I've wanted to design or create art/advertisement for an archery company. Teaching is cool but doesn't leave much time to do my own art. Good luck finding someone for the pisition!
Posts: 820 | From: Southeastern,Ohio | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tradmike
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 43192

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tradmike   Email Tradmike   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like a job John from Johns Custom Archery would be qualified for. Go for it John.
Posts: 21 | From: Michigan | Registered: Mar 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trenton G.
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 45397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Trenton G.   Email Trenton G.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That sounds really interesting. Kind of tempting.
Posts: 511 | From: Boyne City, Michigan | Registered: Oct 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bowguy67
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 45078

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bowguy67   Email Bowguy67   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seems like a dream job might be a mattress tester or beer taster. I don't drink but to each his own
Posts: 101 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Jun 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©