3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Shan G. Mandrayar

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Who's Got a Pika From Dan ! Photos Please (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Who's Got a Pika From Dan ! Photos Please
tippit
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 1030

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tippit   Email tippit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dan called it a curly maple ...but very different fom most curly maple that I normaly use in my knife handles. It has no stain just TruOil finish. It shins in the sunlight...tippit

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Posts: 8578 | From: Carlisle, MA & Aiken, SC | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chase perry
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 37806

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chase perry   Email chase perry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very beautiful bows guys! Here are a few photos of the Pika I recently received from Dan; a Texas Ebony riser, along with Myrtle veneers. I'm also shooting Dan's string at the moment. However, I like making my own strings, and will probably try a 10 strand D10 here soon. I'll let you know how that goes. Like Fred, I'm shooting GT 500s, but with 200 grain Eclipse up front. Be sure to let us see that bow once it's in hand.

Best regards, Chase

-

-

-

-

--------------------
Proverbs 28:1 "...the godly are as bold as lions."
Isaiah 40:31

BARK, n. The song of the dog. -Ambrose Bierce

Posts: 499 | From: Fredericksburg, Texas | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DeerSpotter
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 10453

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DeerSpotter   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chase,

Nice-looking bow. I find that Dan does really good work. I think he's a perfectionist ! But doesn't know it !!! I told him to put beaver tail on mine. I know what the risers going to be, I just told him to put some nice woods to accent it. I think he's putting juniper Venere on the limbs. I will probably use Axis N-Fused Carbon 500s. But there's a possibility it may be too stiff, for this bow. Dan shooting for
38#@ 29". It's going to be my high-power tall leged critter getter. I like things close, 5 to 12 or 15 yards at the most. Keeping it as challenging as it could get on the ground. I use Zwickey 2 blade 135 gr. Dan is setting that up for three under.

And Of course I will put photos on once I get the bow.

Carl

Posts: 1956 | From: St. Paul,MN | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snakebit40
Contributor 2015
Member # 25584

Icon 1 posted      Profile for snakebit40   Email snakebit40   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got a used Pika back in August. It's a 56" 54@28 take down, and I draw 28. The string is one that Dan makes. Like said before, the take down system adds some weight that to me helps stabilize the bow. I absolutely love this bow. I have never shot a bow so consistently good. My first shot has much improved over any other bow I have owned. I wasn't able to shoot much this fall during the season, so I didn't take it out much. I'm hoping this spring is different. I'm shooting 29 1/4 inch Heritage 250's with a 200 gr tip. I think the overall weight is around 550. I shoot 3 under, but I'm not sure what the bow is tillered to. I think the woods are black and white ebony, but I could be wrong.

-

-

-

--------------------
Jon Richards

Isaiah 6:8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”.
>>>>------------>
Schafer Silvertip 54@28
Toelke Pika 54@28

Posts: 1931 | From: Colby, Kansas | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nineworlds9
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 37028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nineworlds9   Email nineworlds9   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Snake, a B&W ebony Pika! You lucky dog! I think Dan quit working with it because it's a pain. Don't let that one go!

--------------------
54" Java Man Helms Deep
54" Shrew CH Carbon
62" Tall Tines Stickflinger
62" Cleland Stickbow

Horse Creek TAC, GA
TBOF

Posts: 7159 | From: Tallahassee, Florida | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
South MS Bowhunter
Contributor 2010
Member # 16239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for South MS Bowhunter   Email South MS Bowhunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jon,

If it say Apache in the spec's it's tiller 3 under.

--------------------
Everything I have and have become is due to the Lord and his great mercy.

Posts: 4066 | From: Mississippi | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snakebit40
Contributor 2015
Member # 25584

Icon 1 posted      Profile for snakebit40   Email snakebit40   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did not know either one of those things. It is a split finger tiller, but shoots great 3 under.

The B&W ebony is a cool fact too. Although I didn’t see ever getting rid of this bow [thumbsup] [goldtooth]

--------------------
Jon Richards

Isaiah 6:8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”.
>>>>------------>
Schafer Silvertip 54@28
Toelke Pika 54@28

Posts: 1931 | From: Colby, Kansas | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doubleo
Contributor 2016
Member # 12581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doubleo   Email doubleo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sweet bows guys!

--------------------
Wisconsin Traditional Archers Member

Posts: 1495 | From: Plymouth,Wi. | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DeerSpotter
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 10453

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DeerSpotter   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 1/4 away:
Here’s a couple of pics of mine. Micarta and Bocote riser with mango limb veneers it’s 56” 47#@28”. I draw 29”. I’m shooting one of Dan’s strings on it and it likes GT 3555’s with 100 grain brass inserts and 175 grain points cut 30 1/2” bop.Total arrow weight is 575 grains .  -

-

Disappointing news !!! You won't have the only one with mango.

I just talked Dan again, It's going to be Micarta riser, Mango limb veneers , but I don't think there will be twins !

Carl

Posts: 1956 | From: St. Paul,MN | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
1/4 away
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1/4 away   Email 1/4 away   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Carl, That's not a problem, even if we were twins cuz mine was born first [biglaugh] [biglaugh]
Fred

--------------------
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go, instead, where there is no path and leave a trail.

Posts: 3952 | From: New York | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DeerSpotter
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 10453

The word Bocote did not come up, so won't be identical Twins !

But if they are ! It's going to cost us a lot of money ! Twins do things together !!! [goldtooth]

Dan sure is a great person to work with, he gets your bow exactly how you want.

Carl

tzolk
Contributor 2015
Member # 35255

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tzolk   Email tzolk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wish he worked with black and white ebony again.

--------------------
All the Best!
Todd Z

Posts: 834 | From: Sandpoint Idaho | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
1/4 away
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1/4 away   Email 1/4 away   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Carl, I like how you think. [thumbsup]

--------------------
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go, instead, where there is no path and leave a trail.

Posts: 3952 | From: New York | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
South MS Bowhunter
Contributor 2010
Member # 16239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for South MS Bowhunter   Email South MS Bowhunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For anyone who knows...what does the -7 mean in Dan's spec's

My Whip HS is an Apache -7. I'm thinking this is in reference to the riser length from Fade to Fade.

Anybody know for sure and what length that would be if it is concerning the riser?

--------------------
Everything I have and have become is due to the Lord and his great mercy.

Posts: 4066 | From: Mississippi | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hawkeye
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 662

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hawkeye   Email Hawkeye   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was wondering if anyone had pics of a Pika with black glass limbs instead of those beautiful wood veneers? If I ever get a light poundage bow to help with a bad shoulder, I would consider going that direction to save $100 on the pricing...

--------------------
Daryl Harding
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." Jim Elliot

Traditional bowhunting is often a game of seconds... and inches!

Posts: 1887 | From: Central Illinois | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©