3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Shan G. Mandrayar

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » SHIPPING CONCERNS (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: SHIPPING CONCERNS
wingnut
SPONSOR - Charter Member
Member # 12

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wingnut   Author's Homepage   Email wingnut   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Terry,

Take a look at Endicia. You get pretty good rates on USPS shipping. We've been using it for years.

Mike

--------------------
www.dryadbows.com
www.dryadbows.com/helleknives/index.htm

http://www.facebook.com/dryadbows?ref=ts
TRADGANG Sponsor since day 1

Posts: 9368 | From: weatherford, texas | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
monterey
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 15276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for monterey   Email monterey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was priority mail with tracking. I don't pay for insurance just because I've never been burned. I can replace lost or broken items many times over with what is saved by not buying insurance.

I know several high volume bowyers who do the same.

You can go online and figure USPS shipping on just about anything. When I shipped it The rate was within pennies of the calculator. Maybe there is a way of doing it that will save.

Since the shirts probably have a message on them maybe they qualify for media rate?

--------------------
Monterey

Posts: 3094 | From: Colorado | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
slowbowjoe
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 34976

Icon 1 posted      Profile for slowbowjoe   Email slowbowjoe   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thing that gets me about a "handling" charge: Having worked retail for years, in stores that also ship... you can spend 1/2 hour or more with a customer who then turns around and says thanks, and goes buy online, or buys nothing. There's no charge. but if a shipping clerk spends 5 or 10 minuted for the shipping - add'l. charge.
Posts: 1383 | From: VT | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
9 Shocks
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 36782

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9 Shocks   Email 9 Shocks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I second endicia.

Also, USPS will give you boxes for free.

If you use priority flat rate envelopes and if it fits, it ships for 6.50

I ship jackets and clothing in them all the time. Just gotta roll em up right.

You can use a regional A box or regional B box and get better rates as well.

Lots of tricks to shipping and saving money.

--------------------
58" Thunderstick Mag 50@28
58" TallTines Recurve 47@27

Posts: 561 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
monterey
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 15276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for monterey   Email monterey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They will also deliver the flat rate boxes to your door and pick them up when they are ready to ship.

--------------------
Monterey

Posts: 3094 | From: Colorado | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by monterey:
It was priority mail with tracking. I don't pay for insurance just because I've never been burned. I can replace lost or broken items many times over with what is saved by not buying insurance.

I know several high volume bowyers who do the same.

You can go online and figure USPS shipping on just about anything. When I shipped it The rate was within pennies of the calculator. Maybe there is a way of doing it that will save.

Since the shirts probably have a message on them maybe they qualify for media rate?

The post office doesn't know what's written on the shirts they're packed when I take him to the post office

--------------------
"An anchor point is not a destination, it's an evolution to execution" - Me

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Black Powder Gang ......... & www.loopaddictions.com

Posts: 31252 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 9 Shocks:
I second endicia.

I buy my own shipping supplies and take them to the post office already packed

--------------------

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Posts: 31252 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

quote:
I second endicia.

Well the post office never measures the bags or the boxes but they always weigh them... so whether I roll them up tight or not doesn't really seem to matter since they're weighing the package

--------------------

Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Well from the sound of things I guess I've been doing it all wrong... maybe I should ship things the cheapest way possible the absolute cheapest way and allow people to suffer scream and holler for 3 weeks till it gets delivered ...no tracking no insurance no nothing good luck HAHAHAhaha

--------------------

Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Okay seriously I'm going to ship a sweatshirt I just sold one I'm going to see how much it cost with no tracking no insurance no nothing no special

--------------------

Jon Stewart
Contributor 2015
Member # 12017

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jon Stewart   Email Jon Stewart   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used the grey bags I mentioned earlier without an issue for 4 years. Never lost an item, they were delivered in a timely manner and it saved the buyer funds. Never used tracking or insurance.
Posts: 2932 | From: Norton Shores, Michigan | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GDPolk
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 36712

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GDPolk   Email GDPolk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shipping can be rediculous at times. I just picked up a stand off a guy here. 17lbs, 7.5oz and shipping ran $41.55 via USPS Priority! That's insane.

I would have expected $20-25 but $42! You can ship any of their flat rate boxes up to 70lbs for less than $20. The last batch of knives that I sent in for heat treat was in a medium flat rate box that weighted 69lbs 15oz and shipped for $13. Granted the box size was smaller but I literally shipped FOUR times the weight for A THIRD of the cost and most 18-wheelers are not full when they reach the weight capacity for shipping purposes which to me means weight and distance should be the primary contributing factor for cost.

--------------------
Sarrels Sierra Mountain Longbow - 53.5lbs @ 29"
GT Traditional 5575 - 225gr up front for 22% FOC

Posts: 1426 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tim Finley
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13934

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tim Finley   Email Tim Finley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I mail bows every week and the cost of priority mail is usually 11.00 to 14.00. Then there is the cost of the box and the trip to the post office 24 miles round trip, it adds up . The service is good, I shipped a bow from N.D. to Rochester NY . I mailed it on a Tuesday and it arrived on Thursday same week , that's fast .
Posts: 505 | From: North Dakota | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
9 Shocks
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 36782

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9 Shocks   Email 9 Shocks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Terry Green:
Well from the sound of things I guess I've been doing it all wrong... maybe I should ship things the cheapest way possible the absolute cheapest way and allow people to suffer scream and holler for 3 weeks till it gets delivered ...no tracking no insurance no nothing good luck HAHAHAhaha

Insurance would be included in shipping costs covering up to 50 dollars and tracking is free. All you have to do is pass the information along.

I was not being condescending with my response at all but apparently you were, I was just trying to offer some sound advice.

--------------------

Posts: 561 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
9 Shocks
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 36782

quote:
Originally posted by Terry Green:
quote:
I second endicia.

Well the post office never measures the bags or the boxes but they always weigh them... so whether I roll them up tight or not doesn't really seem to matter since they're weighing the package
But it does matter if you can fit the shirt in the RIGHT package...

Just trying to be helpful

--------------------

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©