3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Donald Hoffman

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Best place to live for archers? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Best place to live for archers?
styksnstryngs
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 43400

Icon 1 posted      Profile for styksnstryngs   Email styksnstryngs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you could chose anywhere to live in terms of archery ranges and availability, including cheap public ranges, 3D courses, hunting, and other trad archers, where would it be?
Posts: 104 | From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GDPolk
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 36712

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GDPolk   Email GDPolk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know about all of that but Arkansas is pretty nice for a sportsman. We have a very strong population of sportsmen and lots of public lands, some of which are bow only and a pretty respectable variety of game animals.

--------------------
Sarrels Sierra Mountain Longbow - 53.5lbs @ 29"
GT Traditional 5575 - 225gr up front for 22% FOC

Posts: 1435 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miner49er
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 34982

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miner49er   Email Miner49er   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about Bowlivia?
Posts: 96 | From: KY | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevsuperg
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 18246

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kevsuperg   Email kevsuperg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Michigan and Pennsylvania

--------------------
USAF Medic 1982-1992
BHA,RMEF,PBS,Compton

Posts: 955 | From: Spirit lake, Idaho | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
4dogs
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 19996

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4dogs   Email 4dogs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Miner49er:
What about Bowlivia?

[laughing]

--------------------
>>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Posts: 2492 | From: Colorado | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Red Beastmaster
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 820

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red Beastmaster   Email Red Beastmaster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I live in SW PA close to MD line.

We have decent numbers of deer, bear, turkey, small game, and bow fishing. Close enough to MD, OH and WV to make hunting out of state doable.

I have enough traditional shooting friends nearby to easily get a few together with just a phone call. I'm an hour from Strictly Sticks, 3 hrs from Baltimore shoot, 4 hrs from ETAR, 2.5 hrs to the OH shoot, Pine Hill is 3 hrs, other smaller shoots and events within a reasonable drive. Our annual trad archery golf shoot is coming up soon, it's less than an hour away.

I'm fortunate to be right in the middle of all these opportunities.

--------------------
There is no great fun, satisfaction, or joy derived from doing something that's easy. Coach John Wooden

Posts: 1757 | From: Meyersdale, Pennsylvania | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ron w
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 14741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ron w   Author's Homepage   Email ron w   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do have a bunch of Trad friends here in N.Y. but hunting is not that great in my opinion.....at least in my part of the state. Planning on moving to Georgia in the next year or so and I'm looking forward to spending time in a different piece of woods. Seems to be some stuff going on down that way with shoots and such.

--------------------
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner. Shunryu Suzuki

Posts: 16014 | From: tribes hill , new york | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vesty
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 4615

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vesty   Email Vesty   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Michigan. Incredible amount of public land. Some of it is so remote in the U.P. that you don't see another person for weeks.
Posts: 443 | From: Kalamazoo, Michigan | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JR Williams
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 23168

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JR Williams     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I’ve been in the Army for the past 28 years, stationed all over the world and the States. The best place I have been stationed for traditional archery is Georgia. Good whitetail and turkey hunting. Hogs galore. And the terrain suits a Trad bow.

And 3D shoots from about February until September, some local, some major, but all within driving distance. Several Trad guys at the shoots.

Just my take.

--------------------
God Bless

Numunuu

Posts: 248 | From: Augusta, GA | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nantahala Nut
Contributor 2018
Member # 42956

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nantahala Nut   Email Nantahala Nut   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For hunting opportunities I think GA is tough to beat. Most of the locals in western NC go there to hunt deer. You have lots of hogs and small game opportunity to extend your season. Winter is mild. Bears and turkeys too. Decent sized public lands. Not sure how crowded they are but I intend to find out soon.
Posts: 306 | From: Cullowhee, North Carolina | Registered: Jan 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
monterey
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 15276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for monterey   Email monterey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My house.

--------------------
Monterey

Posts: 3181 | From: Colorado | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Etter
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 26482

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Etter   Email Etter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its not an eastern state. Thats for sure. Ever read any don thomas books? In one season in montana, he could hunt elk, muleys, whitetails, moose, black bear, pronghorn, and lions. Then add in all the different upland game they have plus all the waterfowl and turkeys. Not sure why I live in Ga
Posts: 457 | From: Georgia | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tippit
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 1030

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tippit   Email tippit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Georgia ain't bad especially for hogs....tippit

-

-

[ February 02, 2018, 09:37 PM: Message edited by: Bowhunter4life ]

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Posts: 8595 | From: Carlisle, MA & Aiken, SC | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JakeD
Contributor 2016
Member # 44209

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JakeD   Email JakeD   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would think that Idaho would be a really good place to be. A big variety of game and some awesome scenery and good amounts of public ground. I've been there once and would love to go back.

--------------------
Black Widow PCH V 56" 52@28
Maddog Prairie Predator 57" 45@28

Posts: 439 | From: Missouri | Registered: Nov 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam McMichael
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam McMichael   Email Sam McMichael   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like Georgia pretty well. We don't have elk, moose, or caribou, but I can't afford to hunt them anyway. Whitetails make up the bulk of my hunting efforts, and we have plenty of them. Hogs are plentiful, too.

--------------------
Sam

Posts: 4942 | From: Gray, Georgia | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2018 ~ Trad Gang.com ©