3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Donald Hoffman

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Best place to live for archers? (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Best place to live for archers?
PECO
Member # 46906

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PECO   Email PECO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Colorado
Posts: 11 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BWallace10327
Contributor 2018
Member # 15447

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BWallace10327   Author's Homepage   Email BWallace10327   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why Colorado PECO?

--------------------
***$ Brent Wallace $***
NRA Life Time Member

Posts: 908 | From: Four Corner Area, Colorado | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the rifleman
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 31319

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the rifleman   Email the rifleman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ohio used to have good rabbit and deer hunting. Our division of wildlife has done a miserable job of managing the deer herd--- too many years of 9 deer limits and allowing pen raised deer that is starting cwd has really taken its toll around my farm. Very little efforts at habitat along w coyotes, hawks and owls unchecked and now it is rare for me to see a rabbit. Forget about quail and pheasant. They seem to be focusing efforts on getting the rattlesnake population established so at least someday we may have some limb skins.
Posts: 586 | From: Ohio | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TDHunter
Contributor 2016
Member # 5671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TDHunter   Email TDHunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry my US brothers, clearly I'm bias, but I would have to argue for British Columbia ,Canada.
This is why, I can hunt Whit-Tailed deer, Mule Deer, Black tailed Deer, black bear, cougar, Moose, Caribou, Elk, Mt. Goat, Stone Sheep, Rocky Mt. Big Horn Sheep, Wolf, Lynx, Coyote, and more , all with-in a general open season. Yes there are Limited Entry Hunting seasons for many of these as well, but I can hunt them all with an over the counter tag. I've been lucky enough to take many of these with the longbow, including
3 Mt.Goat, Stone Sheep, Moose, bear, each species of dear, Hog, and more. and not one of those trips cost me more then a couple hundred bucks which was for the most part truck and boat fuel.

--------------------
60" 49@28 Kanati
64"51lb @ 28 2pc A&H
62"50@28 Win&Win BlackWolf

Posts: 868 | From: British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
swp
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 10439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for swp   Email swp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yankton, SD, Olympic training center, nfaa headquarters, MO River, good hunting in SD and Nebraska with more big game close to the west.

--------------------
"People say you can't go back, its like when you get to the edge of a cliff and you take one more step forward or you do a 180 degree turn and take one more step forward. Which way are you going? Which one is progress?" Doug Tompkins

Posts: 2118 | From: Ozark, Missouri | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Clandinin
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 17084

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Clandinin   Email Steve Clandinin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Td hunters got it right you poor southern boys have no idea lol. Where I live is a deer hunters dream come true.monster white tails,Miuleys,bear,pronghorns moose and elk.The fishing ,bird hunting and varmint hunting is world class.

--------------------
Quote from Howard Hill.( Whenever he taught someone to shoot) "Son make up your mind right now if you want to target shoot or hunt as theres a world of differance between the two"

Posts: 3067 | From: Sask. Canada | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Clandinin
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 17084

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Clandinin   Email Steve Clandinin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Td hunters got it right you poor southern boys have no idea lol. Where I live is a deer hunters dream come true.monster white tails,Miuleys,bear,pronghorns moose and elk.The fishing ,bird hunting and varmint hunting is world class.

--------------------
Quote from Howard Hill.( Whenever he taught someone to shoot) "Son make up your mind right now if you want to target shoot or hunt as theres a world of differance between the two"

Posts: 3067 | From: Sask. Canada | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Russ Clagett
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 7794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Russ Clagett   Email Russ Clagett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't count Texas unless you own land, or are friends with someone who owns land.

The hunting here is great, but first you gotta have a place to hunt....

Texas is 99% privately owned, so......

Posts: 743 | From: Pflugerville, Texas | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by JR Williams:
So I’ve been in the Army for the past 28 years, stationed all over the world and the States. The best place I have been stationed for traditional archery is Georgia. Good whitetail and turkey hunting. Hogs galore. And the terrain suits a Trad bow.

And 3D shoots from about February until September, some local, some major, but all within driving distance. Several Trad guys at the shoots.

Just my take.

Yes Hogs year-round and don't forget black bears

--------------------
"An anchor point is not a destination, it's an evolution to execution" - Me

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Black Powder Gang ......... & www.loopaddictions.com

Posts: 31278 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mint
2017 Contributor
Member # 5900

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mint   Email Mint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In ten years I'll be ready to retire by all accounts. No way I'm staying on Long Island with the way things are going and prices increasing. I'll miss much Archery club, Suffolk archers and my friends. Hunting on LI is ok with some nice bucks but the crowds and the slob hunters are both bad.

--------------------
The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.

Samuel Adams

NYB Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1617 | From: Long Island, NY | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elkken
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 14892

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elkken   Email elkken   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would like to live on the trophy mountain at Cabelas. Every day I could shoot world class critters and not freeze my butt off. [archer2]

--------------------
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good

TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 4729 | From: washington state | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BowArkie
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 41001

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BowArkie   Email BowArkie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GDPolk:
I don't know about all of that but Arkansas is pretty nice for a sportsman. We have a very strong population of sportsmen and lots of public lands, some of which are bow only and a pretty respectable variety of game animals.

Right on! Bow season runs from September til February and hogs are available year round on private land...
Posts: 57 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Feb 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam McMichael
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam McMichael   Email Sam McMichael   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TDHunter makes a strong argument for somebody still young enough to handle the terrain. What makes me still claim GA as best, is that I still can handle the terrain necessary to go after what we have. Oh, to be young and healthy again...

--------------------
Sam

Posts: 4944 | From: Gray, Georgia | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BWallace10327
Contributor 2018
Member # 15447

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BWallace10327   Author's Homepage   Email BWallace10327   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All of these places sound great, but WHY Colorado?

--------------------
***$ Brent Wallace $***
NRA Life Time Member

Posts: 908 | From: Four Corner Area, Colorado | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
4dogs
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 19996

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4dogs   Email 4dogs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Colorado. For hunting or just archery? Wouldn't be a really good choice for either.. Small game, forget about it unless you know somebody close to your home. Public ground is completely over run. Big game not so much either. VERY crowded and if you live on the front range have to travel a long ways. One good trad shop in the state that I know of. We have been spoiled in the past but its getting ridicules these days. Way too many people, way too liberal. Every since parks and rec took over the game and fish its been a real cluster. Sorry to be so negative but to see what has happened to this state the last several years is just sad. .

--------------------
>>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Posts: 2492 | From: Colorado | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2018 ~ Trad Gang.com ©