3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Donald Hoffman

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » 2018 Shed Antler Thread!!! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: 2018 Shed Antler Thread!!!
T Sunstone
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 11170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for T Sunstone   Email T Sunstone   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Henry does look a little excited. Nice looking pup.
Posts: 633 | From: MD | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D. Key
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 3106

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D. Key   Email D. Key   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've got trailcam pics in SE Texas with headgear missing but I haven't found any yet. Next week I plan on looking every afternoon but normally, I only find one every couple of years. We don't have that many deer here anyway.

Best of luck to all.

--------------------
"Pick-A-Spot"

Doug Key

Posts: 2116 | From: Jasper, TX | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bvas
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 44555

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bvas   Email Bvas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't started serious looking yet. I'm IMPATIENTLY waiting for one in particular to drop his other side.
He's been lopsided for at least two weeks!!!
 -

--------------------
Some hunt to survive; some survive to hunt

Posts: 883 | From: Ohio | Registered: Feb 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cyclic-Rivers
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 21222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cyclic-Rivers   Email Cyclic-Rivers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My little brother found a 4 pt and 5 point in southern wi, one was fresh. With the fresh snow, they might be buried now. still bucks carrying too.

--------------------
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Mohawk Hudson Traditional Archers
NY Bowhunters

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Posts: 17410 | From: Central Wisconsin | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JakeD
Contributor 2016
Member # 44209

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JakeD   Email JakeD   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found a matched set yesterday. It was sitting for 2 years before I found it. They are from a deer we have a lot of history with. Funny thing is, I found one of his sheds last spring and this set was no more than 15 yards away. Don't know how I missed them.

--------------------
Black Widow PCH V 56" 52@28
Maddog Prairie Predator 57" 45@28

Posts: 439 | From: Missouri | Registered: Nov 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Buckeye1977
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 44686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Buckeye1977   Email Buckeye1977   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Friend of mine found a giant set this morning

--------------------
Nick

PBS Associate Member
Kemp Kwyk Styk 56" 47@28
Toelke Chinook 58" 47@28
Zipper 58" 58@28

Posts: 750 | From: OH | Registered: Mar 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JakeD
Contributor 2016
Member # 44209

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JakeD   Email JakeD   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is the set I found a couple days ago.

-

--------------------

Posts: 439 | From: Missouri | Registered: Nov 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snakebit40
Contributor 2015
Member # 25584

Icon 1 posted      Profile for snakebit40   Email snakebit40   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My son Trent and I were at the KS bunny stomp this past weekend and found this one. Pretty cool 3 point.

-

--------------------
Jon Richards

Isaiah 6:8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”.
>>>>------------>
Schafer Silvertip 54@28
Toelke Pika 54@28

Posts: 1954 | From: Colby, Kansas | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cyclic-Rivers
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 21222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cyclic-Rivers   Email Cyclic-Rivers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Snake, that's a cool shed!

--------------------
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
NY Bowhunters

Posts: 17410 | From: Central Wisconsin | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J. Cook
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 20751

Icon 1 posted      Profile for J. Cook   Email J. Cook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's amazing to me how many of you find sheds...I've spent hours looking numerous times over my lifetime and have NEVER found a single shed. My 6 year old at-the-time son (he's now 10), found one outside my aunt's home just playing. A year later, he was running around the woods at an outdoor wedding venue after the ceremony and found another on the edge of the woodline. Here I am...37 years old and have NEVER found one after looking MANY times. I must not have the magic touch.

--------------------
"Huntin', fishin', and lovin' every day!"

Posts: 1275 | From: Kannapolis, NC | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JakeD
Contributor 2016
Member # 44209

Had a good day today. Went to some public and found a fresh 4 point side and 3 dead heads.

--------------------

Cyclic-Rivers
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 21222

quote:
Originally posted by J. Cook:
It's amazing to me how many of you find sheds...I've spent hours looking numerous times over my lifetime and have NEVER found a single shed. My 6 year old at-the-time son (he's now 10), found one outside my aunt's home just playing. A year later, he was running around the woods at an outdoor wedding venue after the ceremony and found another on the edge of the woodline. Here I am...37 years old and have NEVER found one after looking MANY times. I must not have the magic touch.

Keep at it, you will find one when least expected. I've only found a year old one while looking for them. The rest came while scouting and dragging out deer.

--------------------
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
NY Bowhunters

Possum Head
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 23948

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Possum Head   Email Possum Head   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cyclic-Rivers:
Snake, that's a cool shed!

Sure is
Posts: 2213 | From: Hurley, Mississippi | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
arrow30
Contributor 2016
Member # 22657

Icon 1 posted      Profile for arrow30   Email arrow30   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
found this one, thought it was a dead stick at a distance because it was so long.... then started looking for the other side. i was so excited when I found the other side I forgot to take a picture of where it was laying.
 -

-

-

-

this the second matched pair I have ever found.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~DON'T SECOND GUESS YOUR INSTINCT~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 1870 | From: st. louis county , missouri | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ga.boy
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 1935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ga.boy   Email Ga.boy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any advice on where to look in hill and valley terrain like N.W. Georgia? Ridges, valleys, thickets? We also have some small food plots, a couple of lakes and creeks on the property.
I've only found a couple of small sheds in my 56 years of hunting, so I am overdue!

--------------------
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

"He who angers you controls you."
Unknown

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." Mark Twain

Posts: 2445 | From: Cedartown, Ga | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2018 ~ Trad Gang.com ©