3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Donald Hoffman

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » 2018 Shed Antler Thread!!! (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: 2018 Shed Antler Thread!!!
kennym
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 2304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kennym   Author's Homepage   Email kennym   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got to see a dandy one side today, a kid I know chased me down to show me a chewed year old 6 point side.

Base was about 6" C (est) and between G2 and G3 was really thick and kind of webbed. He had measured it and for you numbers guys it scored 74" with the ends chewed off almost all points.

I know it was the heaviest the farthest out on main beam of any rack I've seen here. Wish I'd gotten a pic.

--------------------
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Posts: 12421 | From: Linneus , Mo. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roadkill
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2828

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roadkill   Email Roadkill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have a herd from california that winters above my house. Last week the bucks still sported headgear, but they hang in the same stands of mountain mahoganies so I am hopeful. Our DOW is talking permits to shed hunt. All about money

--------------------
Cast a long shadow-you may provide shade to someone who needs it. Semper Fi

Posts: 3095 | From: Nevada | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kennym
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 2304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kennym   Author's Homepage   Email kennym   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think CO may already sell shed permits ....

--------------------
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Posts: 12421 | From: Linneus , Mo. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cyclic-Rivers
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 21222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cyclic-Rivers   Email Cyclic-Rivers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can understand permits to sell antlers but permits to be allowed to search for them? really?

Next you will need permits to go berry picking! damn, I may have just gave those darn grubby, money mismanaging grass holes another revenue source. [Eek!] [scared]

I will leave an antler lay on the ground before paying to pick it up.

--------------------
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Mohawk Hudson Traditional Archers
NY Bowhunters

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Posts: 17410 | From: Central Wisconsin | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JakeD
Contributor 2016
Member # 44209

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JakeD   Email JakeD   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If we are supposed to start paying to pick them up I guess I'm just gonna be an outlaw. The government takes enough money from us as it is.

--------------------
Black Widow PCH V 56" 52@28
Maddog Prairie Predator 57" 45@28

Posts: 439 | From: Missouri | Registered: Nov 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ron w
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 14741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ron w   Author's Homepage   Email ron w   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by JakeD:
If we are supposed to start paying to pick them up I guess I'm just gonna be an outlaw. The government takes enough money from us as it is.

I was thinking the same thing.......I will not pay for something I found in the woods.......just won't tell anyone. What's next, pay to pick mushrooms for your own use.

--------------------
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner. Shunryu Suzuki

Posts: 16014 | From: tribes hill , new york | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bvas
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 44555

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bvas   Email Bvas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spent about 3hrs walking today. As usual, the big sheds I’m looking for continue to elude me. But I didn’t come home empty handed. Found another monster to add to the collection.
 -
 -

--------------------
Some hunt to survive; some survive to hunt

Posts: 883 | From: Ohio | Registered: Feb 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ron w
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 14741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ron w   Author's Homepage   Email ron w   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, it's tough to find them small ones.......well done. It will be easy to see the big ones down the road.

--------------------
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner. Shunryu Suzuki

Posts: 16014 | From: tribes hill , new york | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
23feetupandhappy
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 18774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 23feetupandhappy   Email 23feetupandhappy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First one of the season!

-

It had a 12” G2!

-

--------------------
The Lord Is My Provider......

Posts: 1528 | From: Eastern Iowa | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
23feetupandhappy
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 18774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 23feetupandhappy   Email 23feetupandhappy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is that buck in the background....
Already looking forward to seeing what he will do this year!

-

--------------------
The Lord Is My Provider......

Posts: 1528 | From: Eastern Iowa | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JakeD
Contributor 2016
Member # 44209

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JakeD   Email JakeD   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My brother and I walked around our farm some today. I got 2 and he got 1. Not too bad.

-

--------------------
Black Widow PCH V 56" 52@28
Maddog Prairie Predator 57" 45@28

Posts: 439 | From: Missouri | Registered: Nov 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dannon
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 4013

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dannon   Email Dannon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Colorado isn't selling permits to shed hunt. They were thinking about it earlier but decided not to charge to hunt sheds. However, they did set a date to allow people in to start searching to keep the stress off wintering elk and deer.
Posts: 180 | From: Camden, Arkansas | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jayrod
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 17800

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jayrod   Author's Homepage   Email Jayrod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ron w:
quote:
Originally posted by JakeD:

I was thinking the same thing.......I will not pay for something I found in the woods.......just won't tell anyone. What's next, pay to pick mushrooms for your own use.
AMEN to that ron...whats this world coming too?? It's all about the almighty dollar!

--------------------
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Associate member/ PBS

Posts: 3254 | From: Western Pennsylvania | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bvas
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 44555

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bvas   Email Bvas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Finally some good luck finding the bigger sheds. A bud and I were out for about four hours today. We each found one, but he graciously gave me his find since we were searching my hunting grounds.
 -

--------------------
Some hunt to survive; some survive to hunt

Posts: 883 | From: Ohio | Registered: Feb 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tom
2017 Contributor
Member # 2405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tom   Email Tom   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Both are from fine bucks-hope you run into them in the fall-good luck.

--------------------
If you think you can or think you can't-you're right.

Posts: 3123 | From: Grottoes,Virginia, Shenandoah Valley | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2018 ~ Trad Gang.com ©