3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Donald Hoffman

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Good trail cam recommendations (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Good trail cam recommendations
DXH
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 24079

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DXH   Email DXH   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey guys. Ive tried different brands, but haven't been really happy with any of them. Do y'all have a brand you recommend. I was considering Cuddeback, however they seem to have negative reviews as of late even though they have some cool features.

I know I don't like bushnell.. takes a photo literally every minute even if nothing is there.

--------------------
Ben Pearson Cougar 40#
PSE Black Hawk T/D 55#
Bamboo backed Osage Self bow 57#
Ivory Hunter 60#

Posts: 386 | From: Alabama | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Biggamefish
Contributor 2015
Member # 35618

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Biggamefish   Email Biggamefish   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got a Primos cam this year and ran it for 5 months. The battery life was at 80 percent when I took it down. The videos I got where amazing. If you want to see the video shoot me a pm with your email address. The cams are reasonable too right around 80 dollars. If you watch you can get them on sale for around 50.

--------------------
“Respect nature and its ways, for it will teach you more than you know.” M.P.

Posts: 566 | From: NY | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Buckeye1977
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 44686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Buckeye1977   Email Buckeye1977   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A buddy of mine runs a lot of cameras and he switched to covert 2 yrs ago and really likes them. I've only tried Moultrie and stealth cam and like my Moultrie best

--------------------
Nick

PBS Associate Member
Kemp Kwyk Styk 56" 47@28
Toelke Chinook 58" 47@28
Zipper 58" 58@28

Posts: 750 | From: OH | Registered: Mar 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tom1954
Member # 30919

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tom1954   Email Tom1954   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are a couple sites that actually test and review trail cams in all price points, and they actually offer the kind of info and comments you'll need to make a decision. Just search "trail cam reviews" and you'll see several options. I bought a Browning based on these reviews and am very happy.
Posts: 66 | From: SW PA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
YosemiteSam
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 45388

Icon 1 posted      Profile for YosemiteSam   Email YosemiteSam   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just picked up an apeman from Amazon. Hoping to play around with it over the next month or so to see how it works. But I'll be putting it out on public land so if it gets stolen, it won't be too big a loss. If I'm lucky, it will be there when I get back. If I'm really lucky, there will be a few pics of some gobblers strolling by.

--------------------
"A good hunter...that's somebody the animals COME to."
"Every animal knows way more than you do." -- by a Koyukon hunter, as quoted by R. Nelson.

Posts: 756 | From: CA | Registered: Sep 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J. Holden
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 16830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for J. Holden   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've had good luck with my Stealth Cam. I think the trigger speed at be a little slow if the animal is trucking along. But I've had it for a few years now and it's performed with out issue.

I picked up 2 Muddy Pro Cam 10's on black Friday last year. I have yet to try those. I think the Pro Cam is made to take pictures with some sort of attractant out front to slow the game. I don't think they have the fastest trigger speed.

None the less at $50 on sale, with batteries and an SD card, I couldn't pass it up. I'm looking forward to setting these out and see what happens.

-Jeremy

--------------------
Pslam 46:10

"A real man rejects passivity and takes responsibility to lead, provide, protect, and teach expecting to receive the greater reward." Dr. Robert Lewis

Posts: 1548 | From: Illinois | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gator1
Contributor 2017
Member # 11196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gator1   Email Gator1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Got a stealth cam this fall happy so far

My buddy got Browning’s seem really nice.

Posts: 4844 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Turner
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 2264

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Turner   Email Bill Turner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Moultrie makes a good camera at a fair price. Check them out on line. [campfire]
Posts: 4087 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mwosborn
Contributor 2017
Member # 21360

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mwosborn   Email mwosborn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tom1954:
There are a couple sites that actually test and review trail cams in all price points, and they actually offer the kind of info and comments you'll need to make a decision. Just search "trail cam reviews" and you'll see several options. I bought a Browning based on these reviews and am very happy.

Yep...try trailcampro

--------------------
Enjoy the hunt! - Mitch

Posts: 1607 | From: Albion, Nebraska | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trenton G.
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 45397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Trenton G.   Email Trenton G.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've had good luck with Wildgame Innovations cameras. However it doesn't look like they make the model that I have any more so I don't know how good the new ones are.
Posts: 544 | From: Boyne City, Michigan | Registered: Oct 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stumpkiller
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 976

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stumpkiller   Email Stumpkiller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a Primos 55 Truth and a Moultrie A30i. The Moultrie gives much better battery life and is easier (IMHO). Doesn't display temperature but has better trigger range and is quicker to replace SD cards.

--------------------
Charlie P. }}===]> A.B.C.C.

Bear Kodiak & K. Hunter, D. Palmer Hunter, Ben Pearson Hunter, Wing Presentation II & 4 Red Wing Hunters (LH & 3 RH), Browning Explorer, Cobra II & Wasp, Martin/Howatt Dream Catcher, Root Warrior, Shakespeare Necedah.

Posts: 4089 | From: Upstate NY | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
batbow
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 45784

Icon 1 posted      Profile for batbow   Email batbow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I second the browning!

--------------------
Stalker Coyote 56, 49@28
Acadian woods carbon recurve 56 28@28
Black River 60 45@28
Browning Nomad Stalker 45# 28
Morrison 58, 47@28
Black Widow PCH 58 in 40#@28

Posts: 106 | From: Idaho | Registered: Jan 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim Keller
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 20476

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jim Keller   Email Jim Keller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No more Moultries for me. I had 2. No more. I have a cabelas brand. I wouldn't get another. It works fine but the flash is really poor. It's like a flashlight beam.

I've switched to Brownings. I'm real happy with them.

--------------------
Jim

Posts: 213 | From: Harrisburg,Pa. | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BOHO
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1810

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOHO   Email BOHO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love my browning

--------------------
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Tom

Posts: 2524 | From: Mississippi | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlintNSteel
Contributor 2017
Member # 44670

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlintNSteel   Email FlintNSteel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Keller:
No more Moultries for me.

I've switched to Brownings. I'm real happy with them.

Guess who makes Browning! :-)

--------------------
"In a land painted by our Maker's hand, teeming with wildlife, where but here can a man know such freedom?" Primal Dreams

Posts: 218 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Feb 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2018 ~ Trad Gang.com ©