3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Donald Hoffman

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Good trail cam recommendations (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Good trail cam recommendations
BAK
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 1272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BAK   Email BAK   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You need to delineate what it is about a trail camera that you think makes it great.

I get mine at Walmart for $25 and they do everything they need to.

Some folks need them to provide 12 gig clarity and make movies and don't feel they can be happy unless they've spent $300+ for them.

--------------------
"May your blood trails be short and your drags all down hill."

Posts: 1146 | From: NE Iowa | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarrinG
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 37659

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarrinG   Email DarrinG   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've got a couple buddies who have spend a lot of cash on the top of the line (their opinion) cams. And at the end of the day they really don't do much better than my $70 Moultrie A20i and a $50 Wild Game Innovations that I have. However, I don't like how the WGI camera mounts to a tree, I had to make some modifications to mount it without buying WGI's too-expensive mount.

--------------------
Mark 1:17

Posts: 283 | From: Western NC | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tom1958
Member # 45482

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tom1958   Email Tom1958   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, check out Trailcampro.com they have lots of reviews, and they offer free shipping, 2 year warranty and they include a memory card, too.
I recently used them to decide on buying 2017 Browning Strike Force HD PRO. So far they are great cameras and don't cost an arm and a leg.

Posts: 18 | From: PA | Registered: Oct 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tom1958
Member # 45482

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tom1958   Email Tom1958   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And camera brands and models can vary drastically from year to year and model to model. Just because "x" brand (or model) was good or bad last year doesn't mean it's the same this year.
Posts: 18 | From: PA | Registered: Oct 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mec lineman
2017 Contributor
Member # 29030

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mec lineman   Email mec lineman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Browning, moultrie may make Browning cams as stated above but ive never had a moultrie that compares to my Browning cameras. Just my experience.

--------------------
"Pick a spot,now aim 6" lower!" Kota Killum, Tall Tines Stickflingers & Ten Ring strings

Posts: 721 | From: southern virginia | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
1Longbow
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 4411

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Longbow   Email 1Longbow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I run Coverts and really like them. I'd never buy a Wild game nation ,as the owner is a convicted poacher,and game violater
Posts: 467 | From: Prescott Valley ,Az. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kennym
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 2304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kennym   Author's Homepage   Email kennym   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Coverts have been my pick of mid priced cams, but neighbor has a Bushnell that seems to be really good.

In my experience, they all last about 4 years......

--------------------
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Posts: 12422 | From: Linneus , Mo. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dnovo
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 6889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dnovo   Email dnovo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've had really good luck with the Bushnell trophy cams. Got some going on 6-7 years. Picked up a browning last year and it's good also

--------------------
PBS regular
UBM life member
Compton

Posts: 1594 | From: Imperial, MO | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tracker12
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 38129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tracker12   Email tracker12   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have gone thru most brands and they all give out in the end. The last couple I have bought have been Browning and they have been pretty reliable for the last two years.

--------------------
T ZZZZ

Posts: 1800 | From: Maryland | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stringwacker
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1442

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stringwacker   Email Stringwacker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Covert-MP8 Black. Been running three for two years with zero problems
Posts: 129 | From: Union Ms | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric Krewson
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 229

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric Krewson   Email Eric Krewson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a Stealth, slow trigger speed and no trigger speed after a year.

I bought a Browning to replace the Stealth and it is amazing compared to the Stealth. It will trigger 30 yards away or more on a squirrel sized object.

Posts: 4162 | From: Florence Alabama | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nathan Killen
Contributor 2017
Member # 27233

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nathan Killen   Author's Homepage   Email Nathan Killen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ive recently started using Exodus trailcams. Fantastic cameras with the best warrenty on the market and reasonably priced for there quality.

--------------------
Psalms 7:12 He bent his bow and made it ready.

Jesus is my lord and savior, Who is he to you ?

58" Zipper Nitro 50@28

Posts: 777 | From: Virginia | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yard dog
Member # 46815

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yard dog   Email yard dog   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Biggamefish:
I got a Primos cam this year and ran it for 5 months. The battery life was at 80 percent when I took it down. The videos I got where amazing. If you want to see the video shoot me a pm with your email address. The cams are reasonable too right around 80 dollars. If you watch you can get them on sale for around 50.

I haven't used a trail camera for a few years, but 5 months on one set of batteries ??? I could almost get 2 weeks when I used them back in the day.... Is this true ?
Posts: 46 | From: indiana | Registered: Nov 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Basinboy
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 19754

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Basinboy   Email Basinboy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have many brands of cameras . Covert is the most reliable and the battery life is outstanding! I have one in Colorado, 3 in Kansas that stay out year round and will still be 90-100% battery life after being out a full year with Energizer Ultimate Lithium’s. The cam in Colorado has been on the same tree since July of 2014.
I have not used Browning but hear nothing but good about them. I just ordered a Browning HD Pro to try. Says 120’ flash range!

--------------------
Palmer Longbow 47#@26" 62" amo
Zona T/D Recurve 52@26" 58" amo
Zona T/D Recurve 46#@26" 60" amo

Posts: 1314 | From: South Louisiana | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
catman1
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 39992

Icon 1 posted      Profile for catman1   Email catman1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a close highschool friend that works for Federal ammo and he gave me a Primos cam. It's ran all winter with great pics and the batteries have lasted well.
I would have never bought one, but the price was right. It's great to watch what they do and the times the do come by.

--------------------
Odds are with the prepared..

Posts: 105 | From: AR | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2018 ~ Trad Gang.com ©