3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Donald Hoffman

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Winter blues....pics added (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Winter blues....pics added
bsv
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 25357

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bsv   Author's Homepage   Email bsv   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you must have one HECK
OF A CAMERA

--------------------
Black Widow saII 60in 57
Dave Johnson 66in 50@28
Tim Meigs 68in 63#@28
fox traditional 52@28
BBI self made

Posts: 803 | From: New York | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whip
Contributor 2015
Member # 113

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whip   Email Whip   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nothing like some Elksong pics to while away the winter blues. [Not Worthy]

--------------------
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Posts: 10450 | From: Lake Mills, WI | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elksong
Contributor 2015
Member # 9272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elksong   Email Elksong   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Guys! I know they have been reintroducing Elk all over the place, but I will admit I did not know they were in NC. That will be a fun tag to pull for some lucky hunter someday.
I just saw a story on the news today that there is a bill in the works to create a couple of "Super" tags here in Colorado. The lucky Hunters that draw them can hunt all of Colorado's big 10 on one tag.

--------------------
What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts were gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit, for whatever happens to the beasts also happens to man. All things are connected. Whatever befalls the earth befalls the children of the earth

Posts: 1558 | From: Colorado | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TradBrewSC
2017 Contributor
Member # 37182

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TradBrewSC   Email TradBrewSC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Outstanding photos!
Posts: 952 | From: Columbia, SC | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam McMichael
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam McMichael   Email Sam McMichael   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
elksong, if I could afford to hunt these animals and was still young enough to handle the tough country they inhabit, I would have to concede to your observation. That would be some really fun hunting.

--------------------
Sam

Posts: 4942 | From: Gray, Georgia | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elksong
Contributor 2015
Member # 9272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elksong   Email Elksong   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
 -
 -

--------------------
What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts were gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit, for whatever happens to the beasts also happens to man. All things are connected. Whatever befalls the earth befalls the children of the earth

Posts: 1558 | From: Colorado | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tippit
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 1030

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tippit   Email tippit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Elksong,
Like has been said my 72 year old legs can't hunt elk any more even with my son in Crested Butte as my guide. I'll have to stick with Georgia hogs...not that bad of an option though.

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Posts: 8595 | From: Carlisle, MA & Aiken, SC | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glass76
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 18083

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glass76   Email glass76   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great photos, thanks for sharing!
Posts: 1081 | From: AZ | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elksong
Contributor 2015
Member # 9272

LOL! I hunted hogs in Texas in January, they are fun to hunt for sure! The first thing I found out about them was that they are FAST! I shot at the first one at 25 yardsish and he was in the next county before my arrow got to where he was standing. He was on alert when I shot, they are smart and see better than people say they do.
Crested Butte is tough country! There are places that you could still hunt elk. I know places that are a flat 1/4 mile walk to water holes and wallows....

--------------------

Elksong
Contributor 2015
Member # 9272

-
 -
 -

--------------------

wooddamon1
Contributor 2018
Member # 26099

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wooddamon1   Email wooddamon1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Outstanding photography. Thanks for sharing!

--------------------
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind..."-Fred Bear

Posts: 4824 | From: Muskegon, Michigan | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kennym
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 2304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kennym   Author's Homepage   Email kennym   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Always love your pics man! That fox is giving you the evil eye! Looked to be sizing you up!

--------------------
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Posts: 12422 | From: Linneus , Mo. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sirius Black
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 34894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sirius Black   Email Sirius Black   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[thumbsup]

--------------------
Bear Kodiak - Bear Kodiak Hunter / Wisconsin Bowhunters Association - Life Member

Posts: 1351 | From: Baraboo, Wisconsin | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David McLendon
Contributor 2018
Member # 17606

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David McLendon   Email David McLendon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NC Elk and Elk habitat are a work in progress, its good to see more meadow being created for them.

http://smokymountainnews.com/outdoors/item/24159-elk-habitat-projects-underway-on-silver-game-lands

--------------------
Lefties are the only ones who hold the bow in the right hand, and my fletching is about as left-wing as I get.

Posts: 832 | From: Oak Ridge, NC | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
monterey
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 15276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for monterey   Email monterey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about sending me the lat and long of that bedded ram. [Smile]

--------------------
Monterey

Posts: 3181 | From: Colorado | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2018 ~ Trad Gang.com ©