3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Donald Hoffman

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Quiver options? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Quiver options?
old_goat2
Contributor 2014
Member # 35569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old_goat2   Author's Homepage   Email old_goat2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ranger 3:
I have a Dryad riser, do you put the straps on the limbs or riser?

They go on the limbs unless you buy a limb bolt model or have quiver inserts installed on your riser. I'm s big fan of the Selway Quivers and one of the reasons other than they are a top notch quiver is because Drew from Selway is answering questions on your thread! I personally like their quick disconnect limb model because I can remove them from the bow and keep the arrows in it versus the slide on models that you have to take the arrows out of it.

--------------------
David Achatz
CPO USN Ret.
Various bows, but if you see me shooting, it's probably a Toelke in my hand!

Posts: 2190 | From: ArvadaCO | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wheels2
Contributor 2017
Member # 553

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wheels2   Email Wheels2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tried a Great Northern side mount but ended up taking it off once on stand any way. Currently waiting on the return of my Covert Hunter riser from Border where I am.having them install inserts for a QD.
Likely going to sell off the GN.
I just prefer the quiver off for hunting.

--------------------
Border Covert Hunter 48# and 54# limbs,60"
Hoping for the first traditional harvest this year....

Posts: 914 | From: South Central PA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
danshao
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 41127

Icon 1 posted      Profile for danshao   Email danshao   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have used efa, kwikee and great northern and currently use kwikee 4 arrow.

Dont like how it change the balance of the bow completely moving the weight up higher and further to the right than the other two. But it’s fast to put on and off and it can be fastened to my tenzing archery pack around the waist to liberate my bow from it if I choose to.

If I didn’t have this choice I’d probably go with efa because it’s so light. And mounted on the limbs it doesn’t change the weight allocation much.

Great northern is just pure eye candy. And I like the attachment best in the strap on world where you don’t have to tighten the strap extremely for it to stay put.

Posts: 104 | From: CA | Registered: Feb 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gator1
Contributor 2017
Member # 11196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gator1   Email Gator1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Drew

What’s the new slide on like??

Posts: 4844 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ranger 3
Contributor 2014
Member # 3123

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ranger 3   Email ranger 3   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bought a Big Jim and happy with it, he is a sponsor on here.

--------------------
Black widow PLX 48@28
Black widow PSRX 48@28

Posts: 3236 | From: il | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stixbowdrew
SPONSOR
Member # 28378

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stixbowdrew   Email Stixbowdrew   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mitch, the new one is designed to fit limbs thats are quite small enough for the longbow slide on and aren't quite big enough for the recurve slide on. The one bow that comes to mind when we designed this is the stalker coyote. The slide on slot for the new one is 1-1/4"

--------------------
All we have to decide is what to do with the time given to us.

www.selwayarcheryproducts.com

Posts: 837 | From: SE Michigan | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2018 ~ Trad Gang.com ©