3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Donald Hoffman

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Bear hunt opening for one (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Bear hunt opening for one
Manitoba Stickflinger
SPONSOR
Member # 18657

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Manitoba Stickflinger   Author's Homepage   Email Manitoba Stickflinger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just informed of a cancellation due to accidental trauma. One spot for May 20-25. Text 204-797-8773

Stickflingers.com for details

--------------------
http://stickflingers.com/

Posts: 2060 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MnFn
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 15341

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MnFn   Email MnFn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sigh...

--------------------
"By the looks of his footprint he must be a big fella" Marge Gunderson (Fargo)

"Ain't no rock going to take my place". Luke 19:40

Posts: 2103 | From: North Dakota | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SAM E. STEPHENS
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 23228

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SAM E. STEPHENS   Email SAM E. STEPHENS   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can I pay it out over the next 20 years ....

I will make this hunt one day , never heard nothing but great things...

,,,,Sam,,,,

--------------------
HUNT OLD SCHOOL

Posts: 2771 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BAK
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 1272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BAK   Email BAK   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe if I "invest" in the lottery!

--------------------
"May your blood trails be short and your drags all down hill."

Posts: 1146 | From: NE Iowa | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Manitoba Stickflinger
SPONSOR
Member # 18657

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Manitoba Stickflinger   Author's Homepage   Email Manitoba Stickflinger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Starting to feel like it’s overpriced here?

--------------------

Posts: 2060 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SAM E. STEPHENS
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 23228

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SAM E. STEPHENS   Email SAM E. STEPHENS   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No sir I’m just poor...

,,,Sam,,,

--------------------
HUNT OLD SCHOOL

Posts: 2771 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JohnV
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2493

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnV   Email JohnV   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ryan, your hunts are very reasonably priced. Especially considering the quality of your hunting area. If I wasn't booked for Africa this summer I'd jump all over this opportunity. Lots of good fishing about 30 minutes from camp once you have your bear down! My hunt lasted only two evenings. Had one bear around me all afternoon on day 1 and saw 6 bears before I finally shot one on evening 2. Lots of bears. Good population of mature, big bears. Good place to shoot a color phase bear.

--------------------
Proud Regular Member of the Professional Bowhunters Society

Posts: 471 | From: Iowa | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BAK
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 1272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BAK   Email BAK   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"reasonable" is in the eye of the beholder. Many of us are old enough to remember when going on a "hunt" was nothing more than the cost of food and gas.

Had a cousin in Northern WI who took 17 moose in Ontario. He drove up there because it was the cheapest meat he could get.

It'll only get worse so if you have the expendable cash to do it now have at it.

--------------------
"May your blood trails be short and your drags all down hill."

Posts: 1146 | From: NE Iowa | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MIBIGHNTR
Contributor 2018
Member # 36993

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MIBIGHNTR   Email MIBIGHNTR   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you take kidneys in trade?? Someday.....
Posts: 406 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MnFn
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 15341

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MnFn   Email MnFn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just deleted a well written - if I do say so myself- message about why I went on this hunt. Twice. But who really cares.

I really encourage someone here to just do it. Tomorrow is guaranteed to none of us.

--------------------
"By the looks of his footprint he must be a big fella" Marge Gunderson (Fargo)

"Ain't no rock going to take my place". Luke 19:40

Posts: 2103 | From: North Dakota | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tradslam
Contributor 2014
Member # 13879

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tradslam   Email Tradslam   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man, If I wasn't hunting axis a few weeks before this would be gone!
Posts: 1188 | From: CO | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve O
Contributor 2017
Member # 503

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve O   Email Steve O   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Stickflinger:
Starting to feel like it’s overpriced here?

Just “here”...
Posts: 6205 | From: Michigan | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Manitoba Stickflinger
SPONSOR
Member # 18657

Just not willing to cut costs and have less of a hunt I suppose.

Bumped into a neighboring outfitter last year that was totally frustrated about not seeing any bears for his 3 hunters 3 nights in a row. Our hunters were on multiple bears all those three nights right across the road from his. He asked what I used for bait and without hesitation told him straight up what I used. Did this only because I knew he’d never spend the money to buy it.

22000 lbs of trail mix isn’t cheap,,,, especially when you have to ship it up here from the U.S.

Good quads, good guides, trail cameras on every bait, all doesn’t come at a small price. It costs 2 grand just to run a bait for myself between bait and fuel, not to mention all the time and work invested. Suppose most people simply have no idea of the costs associated with running baits that are worth hunting over.

--------------------

Biathlonman
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 13332

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Biathlonman   Email Biathlonman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought my hunt was an absolute bargin. Didn't hesitate for a second to book a second trip and convinved 3 folks to come with me.
Posts: 3974 | From: Lexington, Kentucky | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SAM E. STEPHENS
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 23228

Hell I feel bad I started this kinda , my comment of can I pay it off over 20 years was a joke meaning Im always broke. I have ran my own Bear baits and it ain’t easy or cheap. The time alone in just keeping a few going and doing it right is worth the cost of this hunt. Not counting the stands and everything else involved it is a bargain in my book. I will do this hunt one day..

,,,Sam,,,

--------------------
HUNT OLD SCHOOL

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2018 ~ Trad Gang.com ©