3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Donald Hoffman

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Black Widow bear hunt!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Black Widow bear hunt!
Toby @ Black Widow
Member # 36117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Toby @ Black Widow   Author's Homepage   Email Toby @ Black Widow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For several years now Black Widow and Squapan Mountain Outfitters have joined together on a traditional bear hunt in the northern woods of Maine. Tony Boucher at SPMO has some of the best bear hunting Maine has to offer. With literally thousands of acres of leased land Tony and his crew have awesome bait setups for the traditional shooter with good close shots that make it even more exciting!
If you'd like to join us next fall for a great bear hunt and a camp full of traditional hunters give us or Tony a call and join us for a great time.
The hunt will start Monday the 26th of August and run through the 1st of September.
Meals (Which are awesome!) and lodging are included and a pickup from the airport as well.
The hunt cost only $1,700 which is a great deal! Hope to see you there!
Did I mention that the biggest bear taken will win a new Black Widow Bow?
Tony (207)-764-7844
tljj@live.com or http://squapan.homestead.com/home.html

You do not have to shoot a BW to join us on this hunt. Bring your favorite Trad bow and join the fun!

--------------------
www.blackwidowbows.com

Posts: 16 | From: Missouri | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bill langer
SPONSOR
Member # 16959

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bill langer   Email bill langer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great group of people!!

--------------------
http://billlanger.com/

Posts: 1023 | From: Connecticut | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Huntrdfk
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Huntrdfk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have been in contact with Tony for the last week, in fact just got off the phone with him. I am going to Maine to bear hunt in August!

David

--------------------
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Associate Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Posts: 4791 | From: Somersworth, NH | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan bree
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 39902

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan bree   Email Dan bree   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you have to shoot a widow ?

--------------------
Dan Breen

Posts: 558 | From: NJ | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cyclic-Rivers
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 21222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cyclic-Rivers   Email Cyclic-Rivers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You should have a great time David. Of course we require a full report

--------------------
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Mohawk Hudson Traditional Archers
NY Bowhunters

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Posts: 17410 | From: Central Wisconsin | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cyclic-Rivers
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 21222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cyclic-Rivers   Email Cyclic-Rivers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dan bree:
Do you have to shoot a widow ?

Nope, no need to conform with bow selection

--------------------
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Mohawk Hudson Traditional Archers
NY Bowhunters

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Posts: 17410 | From: Central Wisconsin | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A Lex
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 43896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for A Lex   Email A Lex   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This hunt is one I'd really really like to do one day.

I looked into it seriously last year, but family priorities, my health, and the logistics of travelling to the other side of the globe dictated otherwise.

Best of luck to those who do go though. You will have a ball.

Best
Lex

Posts: 62 | From: Australia | Registered: Sep 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sean B
Contributor 2017
Member # 22257

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sean B   Email Sean B   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Huntrdfk:
Have been in contact with Tony for the last week, in fact just got off the phone with him. I am going to Maine to bear hunt in August!

David

That's great David!! You'll have a blast!!

--------------------
Sean
PBS Regular Member
Comptons
NY Bowhunters Association
BW KB X
Schafer Silvertip

Posts: 3582 | From: Dutchess Co. New York | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Huntrdfk
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Huntrdfk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looking forward to it Sean and Charlie! I live less than a mile from the Maine border, it will still be a 5 1/2 hour ride to get there! Can't wait! Looking forward to meeting you too Toby!

David

--------------------
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Associate Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Posts: 4791 | From: Somersworth, NH | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dick Langer
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 19007

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dick Langer   Email Dick Langer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was on the first hunt got to get back . You will have a great time if you go.🏹👍
Posts: 175 | From: Barkhamsted CT | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Florida lime
Contributor 2016
Member # 37834

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Florida lime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went to college in Maine (UMO), but haven't been up that way since 1978. [Frown]

Maybe when I retire - I'd love to ride one of my motorcycles up that way, and go on one of the bear hunts as well. [Smile]

--------------------
Martin-Hunter & Bamboo Viper, Black Widow Camo PLX, Holm-made Osprey, Toelke-SS #5 & Super D, Brackenbury Drifter, Wes Wallace Mentor, Kimber Huntsman, Rose Oak-Wildcat II, Ocelot, Ace & 2 Heritage TDs, Bear-'67½ SK & '59 Kodiak Special - all LH

Posts: 786 | From: Palm City, Florida/Robbinsville, NC | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phillip Fields
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9937

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phillip Fields   Email Phillip Fields   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My brother and I are signed up.

--------------------
Keep em Sharp!

Posts: 352 | From: Virginia | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2018 ~ Trad Gang.com ©